read some posts that was suggesting people not to buy iphone 7 rather wait for 8...what's going to be so special about iphone 8?
    11-18-2016 05:20 AM
    It's nearly impossible to know at this point as everything about the iPhone 8 is hearsay. Some rumors will end up being accurate while others won't. You can read up on the latest rumors here: http://www.imore.com/iphone-8
    aximtreo and Annie_i6s like this.
    11-18-2016 05:25 AM
    Hi there,
    Yes, definitely next year will be the 10th Anniversary of the iPhone so Apple will do something significant. According to some rumours the next iPhone will include:
    -A Bezel-less Display for the regular iPhone and the Plus model !
    -Integrated Touch ID, Home Button, Speaker and camera within the display !
    -New all glass design!
    - Better Camera with OIS in the Telephoto camera of the iPhone 8 Plus!
    -10nm, A11 Chip with faster performance and higher energy efficiency! Meaning you get more battery life !
    - A new curved edge "Pro" Model!

And there are still more rumours coming.
    11-24-2016 03:08 AM
    Oooooh! Sounds like the rumored features are pretty neat. I hope there is a realy difference in the two phones.
    11-25-2016 07:49 PM
    I assume it will be. I really do hope they do something as a nod to Steve Jobs announcing the iPhone back in 2007.
    11-25-2016 10:21 PM
    If you need a phone now there's no reason not to buy the 7 now regardless of how great the 8 may be. iPhones have great resale value too so if you buy the 7 now, take good care of it, and decide to sell it in less than a year, you'll be able to get a good amount of money for it you can put towards the 8. Think of it as renting the 7. It's a win-win.
    Jude526 likes this.
    11-29-2016 07:40 AM
    read some posts that was suggesting people not to buy iphone 7 rather wait for 8...what's going to be so special about iphone 8?
    Rumored redesign. Little bit faster processor, usually better camera, maybe more ram and larger battery? Typical upgrade type items.
    03-22-2017 08:01 PM
    I think Apple is at a crossroads at this point in time. I think they need to step up their game and do a major design change and update the look and functionality of IOS to spark sales.

But, we will find out the day it's officially released, their are very secretive about anything when it comes to future product development.
    03-28-2017 08:24 AM
    I think Apple is at a crossroads at this point in time. I think they need to step up their game and do a major design change and update the look and functionality of IOS to spark sales.
    I think that because this is Apple we are talking about...brand loyalty will lead to massive sales simply because it's the 10th anniversary. Even if they don't introduce any radical changes or redesigns.
    03-28-2017 08:56 AM
    I think that because this is Apple we are talking about...brand loyalty will lead to massive sales simply because it's the 10th anniversary. Even if they don't introduce any radical changes or redesigns.
    I don't think that's true anymore, I know a lot of folks who never upgraded to the iPhone 7 because they felt the iPhone 6 was still doing a good job and they also didn't like not having a headphone jack in the 7.

The market is very saturated at the moment and I know brand loyalty goes a long way, but I still say it's time for Apple to step up their game. They had made wheelbarrows of money and let's see what they come up with for the next iPhone? Should be interesting.
    Quis89 and zinedine like this.
    03-28-2017 09:00 AM
    Time will tell!
    03-28-2017 09:20 AM
    Great question, Since Apple normally update their design every 2 years people were expecting the iPhone 7 to have a new design but since it was the same. There is high hopes for the next version to have a BIG redesign.

There is talk about having a OLED screen with increased screen resolution. There is also talk about having a near bezeless design like other flagships this year and of course, there is talk about the 'anniversary' iPhone coming out. So we are predicting a very special iPhone.

I'm very very excited and can't waiting till all the leaks start showing up.
    03-31-2017 08:45 AM
    Should be special
    04-02-2017 02:01 AM
    All of this talk, anticipation and hype is funny. It's just another cell phone. It's not like Apple invented the wheel or cured world hunger.
    05-03-2017 11:51 PM
    All of this talk, anticipation and hype is funny. It's just another cell phone. It's not like Apple invented the wheel or cured world hunger.
    This is an Apple forum. It's never just another cell phone.
    05-07-2017 02:14 PM
    It's a cell phone that is made by fairies, with magic fairy dust. With one touch it amazes people and keeps them satisfied, even after years of using. The operating system doesn't make you feel like you have to have a doctorate in using the phone just the way you like it.
    The features on the phone work flawlessly.
    The apps designed for iOS trump their counterparts on other Operating Systems.

The interoperability between multiple Apple systems are also doing a far better job than others.

What more reason do I need to be enthusiastic and thrilled to welcome a new 'cell phone' by Apple?
    Jude526 likes this.
    05-07-2017 02:21 PM
    It's a cell phone that is made by fairies, with magic fairy dust. With one touch it amazes people and keeps them satisfied, even after years of using. The operating system doesn't make you feel like you have to have a doctorate in using the phone just the way you like it.
    The features on the phone work flawlessly.
    The apps designed for iOS trump their counterparts on other Operating Systems.

The interoperability between multiple Apple systems are also doing a far better job than others.

What more reason do I need to be enthusiastic and thrilled to welcome a new 'cell phone' by Apple?
    Thanks. I wasn't aware of the fairies and their magic dust. Good to know. I do agree, I phones are pretty cool and the way to go.

SVP
    Tartarus likes this.
    05-07-2017 02:26 PM
    Coming from Android and I customized every phone I had. Loved my phones maybe for 6 months. Saw decline due to frustration with lagging freezing up. Lack of updates and when updated had battery problems
    I am 6 months on my first iPhone and not bored. Very happy.
    Tartarus and TripleOne like this.
    06-08-2017 09:36 PM
    Let's hope it's special!
    08-10-2017 09:23 PM