anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.

I would love a new Mac Pro be introduced. I am holding off on buying a new machine. As for it having 10 USB ports, I am skeptical about that. Apple is very much into Thunderbolt. I would like to see a combination of USB 3 & Thunderbolt 3. But we can only wait and see. Who knows when or if Apple is going to upgrade the Mac Pro.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The Mac Pro could definitely use an update but I've lost hope that it's going to happen, especially this year. Apple is done announcing products for 2016 at this point.

user00098

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
I tend to think they haven't updated the pro for reasons beyond their control. It's hard to imagine they couldn't have at least speed bumped it though. Or at the very least update the GPUs. I have one at work and love it, but if I were in the market for something heavy hitting personally I'd look more at the 5k iMac.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
The Mac Pro could definitely use an update but I've lost hope that it's going to happen, especially this year. Apple is done announcing products for 2016 at this point.

It's been 1153 days since its 'last update'. so that's over 3 years now. Hopefully. Hopefully. We get a refresh this year. The GPU is definitely in need of an upgrade.

Regarding what @Davidhepworthh said about the 10 USB ports, this article did mention something about that. is it true? i don't think so since Apple seems very keen on the whole USB-C deal. It might have been planed originally but I'm expecting 6 x USB - C and 1 x USB 3.1. Hopefully Apple isn't discounting the Mac Pro because i think its so awesome :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711