WWDC 2016 Rumours and Speculation and My Opinions

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
So I heard Apple has big plans for Apple Pay at WWDC 2016 they are planning to expand it to desktop and Safari so users can buy things directly from Safari on the Mac, I also heard that they will allow users to remove apple stock apps on iOS , As well as giving us icloud voice mail and overall Siri Improvements and expansion to Mac. And of course the Apple Music Update. for music id love to see it with a UI the same as IOS its simple and easy to use the Macs version at least to me is a nightmare and just overall confusing id love to see this changed. For Apple Pay id love to see it expanded to Ireland. They may give reference to their new Data centre being built in Ireland but i highly doubt it. I think an Apple Street view alternative to Google may launch as well and some improvements with Swift and my last and final prediction is expanding iMessage to Android users similarly like apple music for android but it will not be called iMessage but rather something else this was a rumour i heard i dont know how credible it is

Whats all your opinions on what we will see at WWDC 2016

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I hope rumors stay quite. Or they are wrong as they get blogged about. I would actually love to see a WWDC full of surprises. I don't like leaks and rumors.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
iMessage for my android friends would be awesome. I dislike the green the messages app uses for regular text and love the blue it uses for iMessage. The trick would be getting them to download it.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
yeah it would be i heard rumours it wont be called iMessage but something else but will essentially be iMessage for android. I also heard that they're going to buy that social network Path and turn that into messages but i heard that a long time ago and probably not likely at this stage

twinlight

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I hope Siri gets a huge improvement. So far she only works for starting the timer on my watch. I hope for some uses between devices and that I can ask followup questions or give more instructions.

Maybe we could get the news app for more countries? And roll out more Apple Pay countries and features. Send friends money on iMessage. Go through the paywall on sites with Apple Pay. Of course people still won't pay but make it an option at least.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
yeah that would be cool. yeah id love the news app to come to Ireland and Apple Pay i cant wait to use it. I dont know what it is or why but Apple never seem to give Ireland cool features same time as anyone else we always have to wait about 2 years later. like we havent even got An Irish Siri for Irish People who actually speak Irish and also sometimes the UK siri finds it hard to understand Irish accents. Whats more Ironic is they have their EU HQ here in Ireland and building a new Data centre lol. so i hope that comes soon for Siri. I heard rumours that Siri maybe going and become WIV or VIV a more interactive updated version of Siri.

Yeah id sending money to people would be cool i heard thats coming in the Apple Pay update

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
iMessage for my android friends would be awesome. I dislike the green the messages app uses for regular text and love the blue it uses for iMessage. The trick would be getting them to download it.

Cross compatible iMessenger would be a dream! I don't think we will see it, but I too would love that and/or Face Time cross platform!

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm looking forward to what I hope is a major update in iOS10 and OS X 10.12. I doubt I'll see a major update in OS X but that's my hope. We'll probably finally get Siri on the desktop which will be a welcome addition to be sure.

Newer MBPs are on my short list of what I hope to see, and like the operating systems, I hope Apple rolls out some major improvements in that department.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
i heard OSX was being renamed to MacOS to put it inline with all other of their os's iOS watch os tv os etc. i heard iOS 10 will get a major change "Love at first Swipe" this is what this could mean in the keynote invite

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Yes I KNOW they are trying to expand Apple Pay, but I'm not sure if anything will be announced at WWDC (other than technogy improvements for Apple Pay). Additional Countries I'm sure they will just add/announce as they happen. :)

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
If every rumor came true we'd be looking a entirely different ecosystem than what we are today.
I'm looking forward to an music revamp, hoping that Apple stops obsessively taking over our music collections. Leave my music be, but give me access to their library if I'm paying for it. Siri improvements are also welcomed. At this point Siri is behind the competition. She needs to be way more intuitive and accurate.

Last edited:

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
i heard OSX was being renamed to MacOS to put it inline with all other of their os's
I heard the same thing, and on paper that sounds like a good idea. Back in the day Apple transitioned from System 6, System 7 to Mac OS 8, and Mac OS 9. They then wanted a bigger break from the old legacy operating system to their new one built on from OpenStep.

It probably can't hurt to freshen up the branding a bit and drop the X.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73