Is anyone else looking forward to an iPad Mini Pro?

iAppleDoYou

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone else looking forward to an iPad Mini Pro? I love the iPad Mini models and my iPad Mini 2 works great. I am waiting to update the Mini 2 to another iPad but the iPad Mini 3 and 4 didn't seem like worthy upgrades. Apple would then have an iPad Mini Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, and iPad Pro 12inch. Would y'all even buy an iPad Mini Pro?

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: iPad Mini Pro?

What qualifies the mini as a pro? Pencil support?

I find the mini to be a nice tablet, but I'm not sure it can fit in the same pro family as the 9.7 or 12.9" Of course that doesn't mean apple won't do it - they don't usually listen to my advise :tongue:

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Pencil and keyboard support and faster processor would qualify. I guess we will have to wait and see.

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site

Pencil and keyboard support and faster processor would qualify. I guess we will have to wait and see.
Apple increased the price of the 9.7" iPad and called it a pro, I'm hoping if they add the Pencil and keyboard, they won't increase the price.

infinite_loop

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site

Is anyone else looking forward to an iPad Mini Pro? I love the iPad Mini models and my iPad Mini 2 works great. I am waiting to update the Mini 2 to another iPad but the iPad Mini 3 and 4 didn't seem like worthy upgrades. Apple would then have an iPad Mini Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, and iPad Pro 12inch. Would y'all even buy an iPad Mini Pro?

Hopefully it will get and an Ax chip!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a suspicion that the Mini line's days are numbered. It's being cannibalized by phablets.

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I have a suspicion that the Mini line's days are numbered. It's being cannibalized by phablets.

Generally I agree with you, but given Apple's position and declining sales of the iPad I don't think they're willing to leave a given market segment. I largely stopped using my mini when I got my iPhone 6 plus (I'm now using an SE), but with apple looking to tap every market segment I think they'll keep the mini going.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Generally I agree with you, but given Apple's position and declining sales of the iPad I don't think they're willing to leave a given market segment. I largely stopped using my mini when I got my iPhone 6 plus (I'm now using an SE), but with apple looking to tap every market segment I think they'll keep the mini going.

It all boils down to dollars and cents. If the Mini line is still profitable they'll keep making it. Apple is very secretive when it comes to many things, including individual product sales, so only they really know.

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
It all boils down to dollars and cents. If the Mini line is still profitable they'll keep making it. Apple is very secretive when it comes to many things, including individual product sales, so only they really know.

Ultimately yes, but Apple may accept lower profits, if they think its protecting their market as well. Still your point is valid, just look at the 17" MBP. Beloved buy a quite few people, yet Apple killed it off.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

I think on the smaller screen, pencil support isn't that worthwhile. With that being said, I just hope they continue to update the mini line. Finally putting in a decent processor and retina display was nice.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site

meh, the iPad Pro 9.7 is perfect IMO. For me the mini is just too small. I've tried using one and i was always left with the feeling of "if only i had more screen space".

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh