Which ports do you think will be on the next wave of the Macbook lineup?

Hakala

Mar 20, 2009
forum.theiphoneblog.com
With the Macbook taking on the world with only 2 ports, where do you see the Macbook Pro and Macbook Air in the future, in terms of port availability? Is the Macbook Pro going to get more than one USB-C port? What other ports will Apple include? (Bonus round: Will the Macbook Air be dropped entirely if it's going to lose most of it's ports, or will it keep them to differentiate between the 2 'thin' models in the family?)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
At this point, no one knows, except select personnel at Apple, in my opinion. Personally, I don't care what they do with respect to ports as long as I am able to do what I need to do on their devices without it being an inconvenience.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
With the Macbook taking on the world with only 2 ports, where do you see the Macbook Pro and Macbook Air in the future, in terms of port availability? Is the Macbook Pro going to get more than one USB-C port? What other ports will Apple include? (Bonus round: Will the Macbook Air be dropped entirely if it's going to lose most of it's ports, or will it keep them to differentiate between the 2 'thin' models in the family?)
I really don't know about the MacBook Air: there are chances it will be dropped entirely (and maybe there will be a larger 14" MacBook Retina).
I really hope the MacBook Pro won't lose any port. It would be great to have 1 USB 3 and one USB C, and the TB2 port replaced by a TB3. I strongly suspect they are going to use 2 USB C ports instead (an adapter will be required).

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Will the Macbook Air be dropped entirely
At some point, though I don't think we'll see that this year.

Its my opinion that Apple needs to consolidate its product mix. They have an 11", 12" 13" (two models), and a 15" laptop. There's so much overlap that if kill off the MBA and maybe offer another MacBook model, that will help them.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
At some point, though I don't think we'll see that this year.

Its my opinion that Apple needs to consolidate its product mix. They have an 11", 12" 13" (two models), and a 15" laptop. There's so much overlap that if kill off the MBA and maybe offer another MacBook model, that will help them.

I could see apple dropping the air line all together and make the macbook line and the pro line. Have the 12", 13" mac and the 13/15 for the pro.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I could see apple dropping the air line all together and make the macbook line and the pro line. Have the 12", 13" mac and the 13/15 for the pro.

Definitely, especially if they're able to get the base price of the MacBook down to the $900 range.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Definitely, especially if they're able to get the base price of the MacBook down to the $900 range.

I think it is very possible. I mean the air started around the price the macbook is and it dropped. I think with all of the constant sales on the macbook it shows they are definitely able to get the price under $1,000.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site

I'm really hoping for a CD Drive, Ethernet port, RJ-45 port, USB 2.0 Port and if apple really pushes it, a Firewire port would be cool ^_^ lol

On a serious note, I'm sure there will be many USB Type-C ports

mpnine

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I would assume USB C /thunderbolt 3 from here on out on the Mac line up, and for the air to go away as soon as they can price the MacBook sub $1000

J-Cam93

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Pretty much think we won't be seeing any port changes for a good while with USC type C just barely making its way into the market

The Air is dead

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73