What do you all think will be included with a possible 2015 MacBook Air?

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Apple updates their MacBook line about every other year, and 2015 means it would be an update to the Air and Pro lines. What do you guys think will be included? Retina display? Increased battery life? Thinner? Tell me what you guys think! :)

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
re:

Apple updates their MacBook line about every other year, and 2015 means it would be an update to the Air and Pro lines. What do you guys think will be included? Retina display? Increased battery life? Thinner? Tell me what you guys think! :)

Oh def retina display!!!!

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
re:

Apple is leading the way to future by dropping support by for old technology. My suggestions are keyboards and batteries!

Their batteries are already the best in the industry. 9 hours for the 11" model and 12 hours for the 13" model. If they improved on that, I would be surprised, and also pretty stoked! :)

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
re:

Their batteries are already the best in the industry. 9 hours for the 11" model and 12 hours for the 13" model. If they improved on that, I would be surprised, and also pretty stoked! :)

I've experience more like 13-14 hours on the 13" 2013 MacBook Air. With about 70-90 hours of standby.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
re:

The #1 area ultra books can stand to improve in is offering improved graphics while still retaining great battery life and lightweight form factors.

Unfortunately, Apple isn't really a leader in graphics capabilities so it'll probably be a Wintel machine that does that =(

We are all expecting retina I believe. I'd love to see an MBA that used an Iris GPU.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
re:

The #1 area ultra books can stand to improve in is offering improved graphics while still retaining great battery life and lightweight form factors.

Unfortunately, Apple isn't really a leader in graphics capabilities so it'll probably be a Wintel machine that does that =(

We are all expecting retina I believe. I'd love to see an MBA that used an Iris GPU.

I'm not into gaming much, but I do play Sky Gamblers: storm raiders a lot on my 2013 MBA, and on ultra high settings it runs perfectly smooth. I'm not sure the exact FPS, but I'm sure it's at least 60. The intel hd 5000 graphics are, IMO, underrated, and underestimated.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
re:

I agree and I'm happier gaming on my Mac Mini than I ever was on my old custom-built rig, even though it had a vastly superior Nvidia card. If I have to choose between OS X with HD graphics or babying a Linux install with a decent dedicated GPU, I know which I'll choose. Windows exists only to launch games and has no other purpose for me lol.

That's why I'm so keen on Iris/Iris Pro. They offer some really nice options and Iris Pro in particular includes a beefy 128 MB of dedicated VRAM. That's not much compared to a GeForce's 2 to 6 GB but it can add up to making a huge difference. Plus you get smaller form factors, less heat, less noise, and less power draw from these integrated GPUs.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
re:

I agree and I'm happier gaming on my Mac Mini than I ever was on my old custom-built rig, even though it had a vastly superior Nvidia card. If I have to choose between OS X with HD graphics or babying a Linux install with a decent dedicated GPU, I know which I'll choose. Windows exists only to launch games and has no other purpose for me lol.

That's why I'm so keen on Iris/Iris Pro. They offer some really nice options and Iris Pro in particular includes a beefy 128 MB of dedicated VRAM. That's not much compared to a GeForce's 2 to 6 GB but it can add up to making a huge difference. Plus you get smaller form factors, less heat, less noise, and less power draw from these integrated GPUs.

Yeah. Totally agree! But my MacBook Air is showing it has 1536MB of VRAM...

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
re:

Integrated GPU has a very small amount of dedicated VRAM and then "borrows" the rest from the regular system RAM. That's probably why it leaves a bad taste in some people's mouths. If you have a low amount of installed RAM your system will struggle to run programs and share with the video card on high graphics software like computer games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
re:

I would love Iris GPUs in the next MBA. Although the HD 5000 is pretty powerful, it doesn't stand up very well against the Iris. :) Great suggestion!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner