Do you think no matter what iDevice Apple comes out with this year including of course the no iPhone - Do you think they should all have Touch ID?
    03-30-2014 12:14 PM
  2. Megan Blok said: Best Answer

All of their devices should definitely have Touch ID. It is really a bummer to go from a Touch ID device to unlock one without it.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s 
    Yes, have it on the 5s and it works great, and if you don't want it. It's possible to turn it off. So why not.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    03-30-2014 12:19 PM
    Taz a good answer that as asked would not have thought of it that way.
    03-30-2014 07:45 PM
    It would be a smart investment.

Also a great NSA upgrade....

I'm kidding.

Seriously though, I do like the functionality of the fingerprint scanner. I think it would be useful on many other iOS devices.

Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk
    03-30-2014 08:21 PM
    It might be cool on The MBP or even The Magic Track Pad. It would be cool to unlock a IMac via Touch ID
    03-30-2014 08:46 PM
    All of their devices should definitely have Touch ID. It is really a bummer to go from a Touch ID device to unlock one without it.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s 
    03-31-2014 09:01 PM
    I would welcome it in the next iPad. Having it on the phone, it's now just expected when I touch a home button I should not only be able to unlock, but also purchase via finger scanning.

Sent from my AT&T LTE iPad Air. White in color of course. Or my iPhone 5s. Gold of course.
    03-31-2014 10:05 PM
    I think they should it's so much better than a passcode i hope apps can use it also soon

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    03-31-2014 10:45 PM
    I'm truly hoping so. I love tID.

via the tablet 🔵
    04-01-2014 07:11 AM
    I'd bet it will be on all the next devices. The iPhone 6 is a no-brainer, and all the rumors for the Air 2 and Mini 3 point to the iPad line getting Touch ID. I hope it's that way, I like Touch ID
    06-26-2014 08:01 PM
    It would be a smart investment.

Also a great NSA upgrade....

I'm kidding.

Seriously though, I do like the functionality of the fingerprint scanner. I think it would be useful on many other iOS devices.

Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk
    You assume they don't already?
    06-27-2014 04:32 AM
    Oh I LOVE Touch ID. I would love it on a new iPad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    07-01-2014 05:09 AM
    Yes. Touch ID is a very useful feature.
    07-01-2014 12:32 PM
    TouchID is much needed on mac! But where would they put it? Power button? Dent on the display where we put our finger to open the display? whole trackpad?
    07-06-2014 09:46 PM
    TouchID is much needed on mac! But where would they put it? Power button? Dent on the display where we put our finger to open the display? whole trackpad?
    That's a great question. I guess it could likely be beside the touchpad or under the touchpad
    07-06-2014 10:38 PM
    I think maybe they can set it up so that you authenticate to your Mac via your TouchId on your iPhone.
    TurboTiger likes this.
    07-06-2014 10:58 PM
    I think maybe they can set it up so that you authenticate to your Mac via your TouchId on your iPhone.
    Great idea Karen.
    Good Luck
    07-07-2014 10:36 PM
    I have only used Touch ID on the demo models at the stores, but I hope all the next devices have it (obviously the iPhone 6 will) becasue it's a great security feature as well as it provides great functionality.
    07-08-2014 12:10 PM
    I can't see Apple doing that because they went through all that trouble with continuity to make sure that you could use your Mac without having to fumble around with your phone. My favorite ideas are using the trackpad or Magic Mouse for Touch ID and putting Touch ID in the power button.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums
    07-22-2014 10:53 AM
    I know many like the Touch ID, but I would most likely keep it turned off most of the time. I use the 5, and don't keep it locked. But I don't get out and about much. I do think it's a good thing. That and the Find My iPhone "Kill Switch" have reduced iPhone theft dramatically. But I'm home 95% of my time, so...

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    07-22-2014 11:03 AM
    I can't see Apple doing that because they went through all that trouble with continuity to make sure that you could use your Mac without having to fumble around with your phone. My favorite ideas are using the trackpad or Magic Mouse for Touch ID and putting Touch ID in the power button.

Maybe we'll get both! I see your point with the continuity improvements, but I'd still love to see it unlock the Mac based on proximity to my iPhone because my iPhone is almost always within arms reach.
    Flow39 and TurboTiger like this.
    07-22-2014 11:04 AM
    True but it would be pretty easy to steal your iPhone and MacBook.

07-22-2014 11:13 AM
    Maybe we'll get both! I see your point with the continuity improvements, but I'd still love to see it unlock the Mac based on proximity to my iPhone because my iPhone is almost always within arms reach.
    This is what I'd like to see, kind of like how Android L will unlock your phone automatically if it is within range of you bluetooth Android Smartwatch.
    07-22-2014 11:15 AM
    This is what I'd like to see, kind of like how Android L will unlock your phone automatically if it is within range of you bluetooth Android Smartwatch.
    I like this approach in concept. However, there are situations where I am within a few yards of my rMBP and I may not want it unlocked. Not sure how you would control when to unlock via proximity and when not, but I could see that criteria alone being problematic.
    07-22-2014 11:33 AM
    I think with a phone though it might be a security concern because a smart watch would be harder to steal than a phone since your wearing it.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    07-22-2014 12:26 PM
26 12