Should any product Apple introduce this fall have Touch ID?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Do you think no matter what iDevice Apple comes out with this year including of course the no iPhone - Do you think they should all have Touch ID?

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
re:

Yes, have it on the 5s and it works great, and if you don't want it. It's possible to turn it off. So why not.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
re:

It would be a smart investment.

Also a great NSA upgrade....

I'm kidding.

Seriously though, I do like the functionality of the fingerprint scanner. I think it would be useful on many other iOS devices.

?Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
re:

It might be cool on The MBP or even The Magic Track Pad. It would be cool to unlock a IMac via Touch ID

Megan Blok

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
re:

All of their devices should definitely have Touch ID. It is really a bummer to go from a Touch ID device to unlock one without it.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s 

smelton3

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
re:

I would welcome it in the next iPad. Having it on the phone, it's now just expected when I touch a home button I should not only be able to unlock, but also purchase via finger scanning.

Sent from my AT&T LTE iPad Air. White in color of course. Or my iPhone 5s. Gold of course.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
re:

I think they should it's so much better than a passcode i hope apps can use it also soon

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
re:

I'd bet it will be on all the next devices. The iPhone 6 is a no-brainer, and all the rumors for the Air 2 and Mini 3 point to the iPad line getting Touch ID. I hope it's that way, I like Touch ID

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Touch ID On All Apple Devices This Fall? Not Just The iPhone 6.

It would be a smart investment.

Also a great NSA upgrade....

I'm kidding.

Seriously though, I do like the functionality of the fingerprint scanner. I think it would be useful on many other iOS devices.

?Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk?

You assume they don't already?

chuthan20

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
re:

TouchID is much needed on mac! But where would they put it? Power button? Dent on the display where we put our finger to open the display? whole trackpad?

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
re:

TouchID is much needed on mac! But where would they put it? Power button? Dent on the display where we put our finger to open the display? whole trackpad?

That's a great question. I guess it could likely be beside the touchpad or under the touchpad

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
re:

I have only used Touch ID on the demo models at the stores, but I hope all the next devices have it (obviously the iPhone 6 will) becasue it's a great security feature as well as it provides great functionality.

Apple Fanatic 44

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
re:

I think maybe they can set it up so that you authenticate to your Mac via your TouchId on your iPhone.

I can't see Apple doing that because they went through all that trouble with continuity to make sure that you could use your Mac without having to fumble around with your phone. My favorite ideas are using the trackpad or Magic Mouse for Touch ID and putting Touch ID in the power button.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
re:

I know many like the Touch ID, but I would most likely keep it turned off most of the time. I use the 5, and don't keep it locked. But I don't get out and about much. I do think it's a good thing. That and the Find My iPhone "Kill Switch" have reduced iPhone theft dramatically. But I'm home 95% of my time, so...

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73