They use Rogers network as chatr is their MVNO and 3G speeds are decent but I was wondering if anyone had issues using their data once throttled, since it's only 64kbps?
    128 or 256 would have been better but I feel like 64 is barely enough to get emails, taking away any convenience and usability.
    05-24-2017 08:49 AM
    I can not answer with direct experience with Chatr, BUT I have T-Mobile. I'm from the US. When I was travelling to Europe recently, I got to use T-Mobile Global data free feature which is capped at 128k. While it was fine for GPS mapping and some LIGHT browsing (and you needed patience), it was not good for much else. Certainly not music streaming, or ANY kind of video. NOW you might be able to survive via using free WiFi and WiFi at home, but I don't think you will be too happy with that data speed!
    SparklyPickle likes this.
    05-24-2017 01:17 PM
    They use Rogers network as chatr is their MVNO and 3G speeds are decent but I was wondering if anyone had issues using their data once throttled, since it's only 64kbps?
    128 or 256 would have been better but I feel like 64 is barely enough to get emails, taking away any convenience and usability.
    Hopefully, someone who can answer your question will reply soon.
    pkcable and SparklyPickle like this.
    05-24-2017 02:56 PM
    I can not answer with direct experience with Chatr, BUT I have T-Mobile. I'm from the US. When I was travelling to Europe recently, I got to use T-Mobile Global data free feature which is capped at 128k. While it was fine for GPS mapping and some LIGHT browsing (and you needed patience), it was not good for much else. Certainly not music streaming, or ANY kind of video. NOW you might be able to survive via using free WiFi and WiFi at home, but I don't think you will be too happy with that data speed!
    Thank your reply!

So 128k cannot even stream music?! Is is really that demanding? I'm really surprised by that!

Well, that is good to know! I might have to get a better plan with more full-speed data, then!
    05-25-2017 03:30 PM
    Thank your reply!

So 128k cannot even stream music?! Is is really that demanding? I'm really surprised by that!

Well, that is good to know! I might have to get a better plan with more full-speed data, then!
    Being totally honest I really did not try, was in Europe on vacation! BUT things were VERY slow, browsing got done, but it was SLOW, GPS worked and got us places but it was SLOW! I think you could make it work, provided you were able to enhance it with WiFi.
    SparklyPickle likes this.
    05-25-2017 03:56 PM
    Being totally honest I really did not try, was in Europe on vacation! BUT things were VERY slow, browsing got done, but it was SLOW, GPS worked and got us places but it was SLOW! I think you could make it work, provided you were able to enhance it with WiFi.
    Great! Thanks
    05-26-2017 06:35 AM