Apple changes Crimea map to meet Russian demands

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Potshots? I pointed out the obvious. And no, we’re not talking about “black people”, we’re talking about your post.
Stop gaslighting me and own your bs, you seem so proud off it.

You know....you know That my replies remain on point whereas yours are all over the place and it was your replies that exposed you as being privileged, intolerant and racist.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
You know....you know That my replies remain on point whereas yours are all over the place and it was your replies that exposed you as being privileged, intolerant and racist.

Do you use BOTH EARS for flush handles, man? You’re full of it, you are twisting my words and putting others in my mouth because you can’t own up to your trumpanzee tendencies. I can’t say I’m surprised, this is rather typical.

Well, the floor is yours, I am done here. You may label me with whatever nonsense makes you feel better, clearly you need that to get through the day,have at it an enjoy.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
TgeekB;[URL="tel:3178463" said:
3178463[/URL]]I don’t think we should be having a conversation like this on iMore. I have strong feelings but don’t see this as the place.

This is in the political section and there is a warning that’s stickied at the top, unless it’s been removed.

I don’t have any ill-will toward evilguppy or anyone else. My views are my views and hers are hers. I can take it.

Last edited:

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
This is in the political section and there is a warning that’s stickied at the top, unless it’s been removed.

I don’t have any ill-will toward evilguppy or anyone else. My views are my views and hers are hers. I can’t take it.

I understand but still think we need to be civil. It’s difficult when we’re trying to defend innocent people, whether in Crimea or the U.S.

I don’t like that Apple caved. I think of them as a company that stands up for what’s right (security for instance). I believe things have changed since Steve is gone. My humble opinion.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
At this point of time, I would like to suggest that there be no more name-calling. It’s fine to discuss differences of opinion but when name-calling enters the conversation than any valid points are lost.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I understand but still think we need to be civil. It’s difficult when we’re trying to defend innocent people, whether in Crimea or the U.S.
I am being civil. Heck, I’m not even irritated. Trying to defend innocent people? What are you talking about?

I don’t like that Apple caved. I think of them as a company that stands up for what’s right (security for instance). I believe things have changed since Steve is gone. My humble opinion.

I learned long ago that rules that apply in one country may not apply in another and doing business in one country may be different in another. If Apple wants to continue doing business outside the U.S. then it will have to be compliant.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I am being civil. Heck, I’m not even irritated. Trying to defend innocent people? What are you talking about?

I learned long ago that rules that apply in one country may not apply in another and doing business in one country may be different in another. If Apple wants to continue doing business outside the U.S. then it will have to be compliant.

Evilguppy is standing up for what she believes is right and defending human rights. You clearly know that and don’t have to ask what I’m talking about. You’re a smart guy.

There are certainly different rules in different countries made by governments. At some point we have to stand up against those that we feel are not in agreement with our own or lower ourselves to their level. I have no idea what the Apple market is like in Russia, but is it worth ignoring our principles?

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
Evilguppy is standing up for what she believes is right and defending human rights. You clearly know that and don’t have to ask what I’m talking about. You’re a smart guy.

There are certainly different rules in different countries made by governments. At some point we have to stand up against those that we feel are not in agreement with our own or lower ourselves to their level. I have no idea what the Apple market is like in Russia, but is it worth ignoring our principles?

Only evilguppy was talking about human rights. Anything else discussed was about if black people commit crimes they should go to jail just like anyone else. Evilguppy was the only one mentioning human rights out of nowhere

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

This.
We have, as a society, normalized the unthinkable.

Yes I’m sure some have committed crimes and should be punished for it, but no one deserves to be shot in the back.
A child should be able to play in a public park with a toy gun (or any other toy for that matter) and not be shot . A grown man may have to pay fines for illegally selling cigarettes on the street but he does not deserve to be choked to death on the sidewalk while begging for his life.
A young woman who’s been trafficked in the sex trade should not face life in prison for killing the pig who victimized her.

But we as a society are apparently ok with this. The fact that those victims were ethnic minorities is met with “well they shouldn’t have broken the laws”, yet white people commit the same crimes and get away with it all the time.

How many black or Hispanic people were sent to jail for cannabis offenses? You know what happened when I spaced out and took a hit on my vaping pen in a parking lot in front of a cop I hadn’t noticed? He said “Ma’am, I’m letting you off with a warning”.
If I were black I would have been arrested.

How many whites get the cops called on them for putting their feet up on a desk in school?

Come on, now. We have normalized the unthinkable, plain and simple.

And the migrant kids in cages? It’s “ok” because “their parents did the crime”? Never mind that their parents are desperately trying to get to safety in the first place, what did those children do to deserve this???

My god we have women finally disclosing horrific assaults and getting laughed at, WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS WRONG WITH US?!

So now “Tim Apple” has decided that Apple profit is more important than being truthful and honest. And of course any boycott will be worthless because Apple is just too damn big to fail, at this point, we’re all tethered to the Apple ecosystem.

So yes: I use Apple products because they work and I am sickened to no end that Apple caved in to the revolting monster who is currently destroying the Western Alliance and the rest of the world.

I guess that keeps me on the never ending quest for a better product. So far it doesn’t look like it’s coming anytime soon but the minute it does, I’m jumping ship.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Evilguppy is standing up for what she believes is right and defending human rights. You clearly know that and don’t have to ask what I’m talking about. You’re a smart guy.....
I don't have a problem with evilguppy or her defense of human rights. Let's review:

At one point in her initial post, evilguppy stated, "Black men are shot in the back by cops who don’t face justice." I took that as rhetoric and pointed out that "an overwhelming majority of black men are shot by other black men who are not cops and many of those non-cop shooters are still on the loose..." I then went on to say, "Let’s not focus on the few incidents involving police and ignore the numerous that don’t."

Nowhere in my reply did I mention Russia, Apple, human rights, brown kids, cages, babies, privileges or votes. I spoke specifically about black men overwhelmingly being shot by other black men who were not cops. Nothing else!

Evilguppy then stated, "Aww, you’re going that route? Well we’re apparently still ok putting brown kids in cages, you’re going to blame black men for that?"

Again, where in my initial reply did I mention "brown kids" and "cages"? In fact please tell me what did my reply above have to do with brown kids and cages? Since we know that it has absolutely nothing to do with what I stated above, I told her she was ignoring the facts and was merely taking potshots at me. I then went to say that if the mentioned "brown kids" had done something deserving of being thrown into cages then I was okay with it and I wasn't going to be among those who made excuses for their wrongdoing.

According to evilguppy, my statements made her want to vomit and made her want to block me again. Why? I do not know unless she thinks there aren't any crimes worthy of jail time.

Member Love4speechless was a bit surprised, too, and wanted to know if evilguppy felt the way she did simply because of a difference of opinion. She clearly got her answer when evilguppy replied with, "...frankly if you read his post and are ok with that, you simply deserve to be thrown in the same sack. Go read what he said. You’re ok with that? Then ignore me please because I promise you I will never EVER have a shred of respect for you and your ilk.

With that being said, what did I say above to warrant such venom?

Anyway, she told Love4speechless that she recognized a "privileged racist" when she saw one... Well, we discovered that was a lie.
Before I continue, where in my prior replies then I even mentioned "racist"?

When I mentioned that I was a 56 year old black man, she stated, "So I take it you consistently and proudly vote against your own interests? Effing brilliant, man." Where in my prior replies did I ever mention voting?
She went on to say that I was a 56 year old black male who is ok seeing children ripped away from their parents and locked in cages. Then she went on to mention, a nursing infant, Kids that have died in custody, and young girls whose periods were tracked. WTH? Where did all of that come from? It sure as heck did not come from me!....:)
Anyway, I went on to accuse her comments as being both privileged and racists. She then stated in post #19, "no, we’re not talking about “black people”, we’re talking about your post." How is that possible? Her initial post mentioned black men being shot in the back by cops and my "post" was indeed about black people shooting other black people.

Anyway, I'll leave it alone....:)

Last edited:

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
I don't have a problem with evilguppy or her defense of human rights. Let's review:

At one point in her initial post, evilguppy stated, "Black men are shot in the back by cops who don’t face justice." I took that as rhetoric and pointed out that "an overwhelming majority of black men are shot by other black men who are not cops and many of those non-cop shooters are still on the loose..." I then went on to say, "Let’s not focus on the few incidents involving police and ignore the numerous that don’t."

Nowhere in my reply did I mention Russia, Apple, human rights, brown kids, cages, babies, privileges or votes. I spoke specifically about black men overwhelmingly being shot by other black men who were not cops. Nothing else!

Evilguppy then stated, "Aww, you’re going that route? Well we’re apparently still ok putting brown kids in cages, you’re going to blame black men for that?"

Again, where in my initial reply did I mention "brown kids" and "cages"? In fact please tell me what did my reply above have to do with brown kids and cages? Since we know that it has absolutely nothing to do with what I stated above, I told her she was ignoring the facts and was merely taking potshots at me. I then went to say that if the mentioned "brown kids" had done something deserving of being thrown into cages then I was okay with it and I wasn't going to be among those who made excuses for their wrongdoing.

According to evilguppy, my statements made her want to vomit and made her want to block me again. Why? I do not know unless she thinks there aren't any crimes worthy of jail time.

Member Love4speechless was a bit surprised, too, and wanted to know if evilguppy felt the way she did simply because of a difference of opinion. She clearly got her answer when evilguppy replied with, "...frankly if you read his post and are ok with that, you simply deserve to be thrown in the same sack. Go read what he said. You’re ok with that? Then ignore me please because I promise you I will never EVER have a shred of respect for you and your ilk.

With that being said, what did I say above to warrant such venom?

Anyway, she told Love4speechless that she recognized a "privileged racist" when she saw one... Well, we discovered that was a lie.
Before I continue, where in my prior replies then I even mentioned "racist"?

When I mentioned that I was a 56 year old black man, she stated, "So I take it you consistently and proudly vote against your own interests? Effing brilliant, man." Where in my prior replies did I ever mention voting?
She went on to say that I was a 56 year old black male who is ok seeing children ripped away from their parents and locked in cages. Then she went on to mention, a nursing infant, Kids that have died in custody, and young girls whose periods were tracked. WTH? Where did all of that come from? It sure as heck did not come from me!....:)
Anyway, I went on to accuse her comments as being both privileged and racists. She then stated in post #19, "no, we’re not talking about “black people”, we’re talking about your post." How is that possible? Her initial post mentioned black men being shot in the back by cops and my "post" was indeed about black people shooting other black people.

Anyway, I'll leave it alone....:)

Thank you for summing up why I’m so confused so eloquently lol

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
People are tired of the victim card. The oppressed don’t want or need the politically correct looking to fix some guilt complex. I’m mixed heritage 1/2 Peruvian and 1/2 White Bread American but I think of myself American only. Why you ask? Because my Peruvian mother raised us on English only since before she even met her future husband, my Dad, she became American citizen and renounced her Peruvian citizenship. She married not for a green card or citizenship. I was born not as the proverbial anchor baby. When I was a kid I wasn’t good enough for National Merit Scholarship finalist but was a National Hispanic Merit Scholarship finalist since lower score requirement. People meant well but I was insulted. Are you saying Hispanics aren’t the same equal level I asked?

In other words, you people of whatever culture or race that want equality, it begins with equal responsibility and with cultural assimilation... That’s a view I share with Just_Me_D or so I suspect.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

In other words, you people of whatever culture or race that want equality, it begins with equal responsibility and with cultural assimilation... That’s a view I share with Just_Me_D or so I suspect.

We are indeed in agreement, sir...

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
Ok.
Not everyone has the same opportunities or ability to break through barriers. In other words, it’s not about being lazy.

But nobody says it’s being lazy. Our country has always been about individual freedoms and individual exceptionalism’s combined for strength but never supposed to be on the backs of each other. It’s not perfect. Just need to shake the entitlement and victim attitude from all sides, that’s all.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2