You mean it wasn't the Russians?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Pointing blame for what? This is what I don't understand. We are talking facts and numbers. Trump won the white vote. Period. There is no disputing that. Why is it "offensive" to point that out?

Whites made up 70% of voters and of those 58% of them went with Trump. With those numbers...it's easy to see a large reason of why he won.

Yes...your minority voice matters. #AllVoicesMatter . But that doesn't change the reality of the election results. Nor does it make pointing those numbers out offensive.

Don't misunderstand me. I get what you are saying. Having said that, when I say "pointing blame", I'm referring to the media and what they have been stating and the manner in which they have been using the aforementioned demographic. They've used it in an 'it's their fault that HRC lost' manner. I hope that made sense.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
You just made my point. If Whites make up the largest voter segment and it is common knowledge then why bring attention to it, especially when a bigger story would have been in how many non-white votes he received?

So is your point on what would be a bigger story or that mentioning the white vote is offensive?

Because the bigger story that was getting the most coverage was the fact that Trump lost the popular vote. But many supporters of Trump HATED that story being pushed around. So then we/they talk about the votes he DID win..

I think we/they were told "He won...get over it..."

Which kind of brings us back to this topic being brought forth by someone who supports Trump.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
You just made my point. If Whites make up the largest voter segment and it is common knowledge then why bring attention to it, especially when a bigger story would have been in how many non-white votes he received?
Anyone who took any entry level marketing class knows you target the largest group.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Don't misunderstand me. I get what you are saying. Having said that, when I say "pointing blame", I'm referring to the media and what they have been stating and the manner in which they have been using the aforementioned demographic. They've used it in an 'it's their fault that HRC lost' manner. I hope that made sense.

I've seen Twitter commenters and others "pointing blame". But I honestly and truly haven't gotten the impression that the media is "placing blame" on any for Trumps win.

The term "placing blame", to me, implies that wrong was done. Sure...those who don't support Trump probably feel that way. But this is an election...he won. Its nobody's "fault". His voters spoke loud and clear. I don't see anything wrong with discussing the percentages and highlighting the areas he was stronger in. He only took 13% of the black vote...that is an area he could pay more attention to next time. He won 29% of the Hispanic vote...he could pay more attention to them next time. THAT is why these numbers are important. You identify your base...his base is absolutely middle class white people.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So is your point on what would be a bigger story or that mentioning the white vote is offensive?
My point has already been stated.

Because the bigger story that was getting the most coverage was the fact that Trump lost the popular vote. But many supporters of Trump HATED that story being pushed around. So then we/they talk about the votes he DID win..
Hated it? Nah. Many of his supporters, just like everyone else, knows that it was irrelevant.

I think we/they were told "He won...get over it..."
They were actually repeating what BHO had stated to McCain after his victory.

Which kind of brings us back to this topic being brought forth by someone who supports Trump.
.....and that topic is "You mean it wasn't the Russians?"....

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've seen Twitter commenters and others "pointing blame". But I honestly and truly haven't gotten the impression that the media is "placing blame" on any for Trumps win.

The term "placing blame", to me, implies that wrong was done. Sure...those who don't support Trump probably feel that way. But this is an election...he won. Its nobody's "fault". His voters spoke loud and clear. I don't see anything wrong with discussing the percentages and highlighting the areas he was stronger in. He only took 13% of the black vote...that is an area he could pay more attention to next time. He won 29% of the Hispanic vote...he could pay more attention to them next time. THAT is why these numbers are important. You identify your base...his base is absolutely middle class white people.

Well stated, but....a good deal of people on the left did and do place blame as to why candidate Trump won the Presidency. They went as far as to blame the Russians. You know I'm not lying. 13% of the Black vote is HUGE when blacks as a whole overwhelmingly vote Democrat. In the context of the overall population, 13% and 29% are low, but in the context within the respective demographics, they are not.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I know what racist means because it happens to me all the time. Just ask TSA about my last flight. "Randomly selected" I'm sure.

I'm all for TSA profiling passengers. If someone looks the part, I'd like for them to be selected. Let's stop pretending like we don't know who the enemy is.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
So you're saying Trump targetted middle class whites? Which is EXACTLY what I'm saying? Lol.

So we finally agree on something. I can sleep well tonight.
You take everything I say out of context. It's apparent you've never taken a marketing class.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Well stated, but....a good deal of people on the left did and do place blame as to why candidate Trump won the Presidency. They went as far as to blame the Russians. You know I'm not lying. 13% of the Black vote is HUGE when blacks as a whole overwhelmingly vote Democrat. In the context of the overall population, 13% and 29% are low, but in the context within the respective demographics, they are not.

Romney won 27% of the Hispanic vote and Romney took 11% of the black vote. I'm not saying this to slight Trump. I'm saying this to say that his wins didn't signal anything major in either demographic. More like, maintaining the status quo.

What I WILL say is this...those numbers are surprising because they are higher for Trump and his campaign and the controversy surrounding it absolutely implied he wouldn't do well with those demographics. His words, particularly towards illegal immigrants, were all over the news cycles. So for him to improve on Romney's numbers, especially in the Hispanic community, says something.

I'm not slighting any of that...I'm just saying, middle class white America is his bread and butter. That's where he does best.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
You take everything I say out of context. It's apparent you've never taken a marketing class.

Yes...one of us is DEFINITELY taking the other out of context...

"Anyone who took any entry level marketing class knows you target the largest group."

This means a successful marketing expert will appeal to the largest group primarily, no? Or is there an alternative fact here I'm missing?

Before you respond, let's agree to respond ONLY to what is presented. So here, I've asked you to clarify your statement. Can you do that without insults? I eagerly await...

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
So you support racism, got it!

Can you please just use the word "prejudice"? It still is incorrect but it is far more close to what you're trying to say than "racist".

Nothing in this entire thread has been racist in any way shape or form...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro