You mean it wasn't the Russians?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for seeing my point! I believe the media is using "middle class white people" as the politically correct way to say "white trash," from the way they use it.
Yep, that and who they perceive to be "uneducated".

Agreed! I'm all for free press, but publishing lies should not be protected. Also I wish the news agencies would just report the news without a political slant either way!
Amen to that, but I don't see that happening any time soon...

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm not middle class or white and I love President Trump. He's better than the criminal your party ran. Also I find your use of "middle class white people" to be extremely racist.

Yea...people these days really have no idea what "racist" is. I thought Donald Trump ushered in an era of toughness and did away with that "politically correct" nonsense?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Quis' use of the term wasn't meant to be racist. That is exactly what the left leaning media was reporting in regard to who voted for President Trump so let's keep this convo civil...

Left leaning media? He won 58% of the white vote.

There's nothing left or leaning about that. Obama also won the majority of the white vote when he was running.

Overall voter turnout was down as a whole either way.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Well said. Both Clinton's email and Benghazi scandals were swept under the rug by everyone, including the FBI. Yet somehow she still lost, thanks be to allah!

Yeah the use of "middle class white people" is extremely racist. Nobody would tolerate someone saying that blacks voted for obama because he's black, even though many did. It was 95% in 2008 and 93% in 2012. But it's completely acceptable to bash whites who voted for President Trump.

There were a lot of blacks who voted for Obama because he was black. There's nothing racist about that. Do you know what racist means???

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
She didn't lose for one reason and one reason only. I'd imagine we all know that.
Now that's a fact!

The article you posted cited the increase in middle class white voters who jumped ship from Obama and went with Trump. The "rest of you" aren't the reason he won. Sure, it certainly helped. But middle class white people were the group he took the majority of votes from. Again, I thought we all knew that? The articles were everywhere afterwards.
That may have indeed been the case, but to say that they were the reason for then candidate Trump's victory is demeaning to anyone who voted for him that didn't fit the mold of being middle class white "men". The image of that particular segment of the population has been under siege for quite some time now.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Yea...people these days really have no idea what "racist" is. I thought Donald Trump ushered in an era of toughness and did away with that "politically correct" nonsense?
The "politically correct nonsense" as you call it does need to be done away with.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Left leaning media? He won 58% of the white vote.
Okay. Now list the percentages of every other demographic who voted for him. Are they not important? Do they not have a voice?

There's nothing left or leaning about that. Obama also won the majority of the white vote when he was running.
It is left or leaning when you focus on a particular demographic and point blame.

Overall voter turnout was down as a whole either way.
Meh

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
There were a lot of blacks who voted for Obama because he was black. There's nothing racist about that. Do you know what racist means???
Yeah because it was all over my Facebook news feed from my friends back then.

I know what racist means because it happens to me all the time. Just ask TSA about my last flight. "Randomly selected" I'm sure.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Now that's a fact!

That may have indeed been the case, but to say that they were the reason for then candidate Trump's victory is demeaning to anyone who voted for him that didn't fit the mold of being middle class white "men". The image of that particular segment of the population has been under siege for quite some time now.

Dude...nobody wins without the middle class white vote. That isn't demeaning in the least bit...

That is the largest segment in the United States.

"The image of that particular segment of the population has been under siege"?
I'm going to bite my tongue on this one...

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Apparently it's not when the statement "middle class white people voted for Trump in large numbers" is deemed racist....
That statement is racist. If it were obama instead of Trump and black instead of white you all on the left would be screaming racism.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Dude...nobody wins without the middle class white vote. That isn't demeaning in the least bit...

That is the largest segment in the United States.

You just made my point. If Whites make up the largest voter segment and it is common knowledge then why bring attention to it, especially when a bigger story would have been in how many non-white votes he received?

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site

Exactly! I'm not middle class nor white and find that to be offensive and downright racist.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Okay. Now list the percentages of every other demographic who voted for him. Are they not important? Do they not have a voice?

It is left or leaning when you focus on a particular demographic and point blame.

Meh

Pointing blame for what? This is what I don't understand. We are talking facts and numbers. Trump won the white vote. Period. There is no disputing that. Why is it "offensive" to point that out?

Whites made up 70% of voters and of those 58% of them went with Trump. With those numbers...it's easy to see a large reason of why he won.

Yes...your minority voice matters. #AllVoicesMatter . But that doesn't change the reality of the election results. Nor does it make pointing those numbers out offensive.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro