• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Check out the best deals!
    Thanks for the conversation, guys, but the Olive Garden is calling my name....(laughing)...I'm going to go and take advantage of their early dinner special between 3 and 5 PM.

05-01-2017 02:53 PM
    I know what racist means because it happens to me all the time. Just ask TSA about my last flight. "Randomly selected" I'm sure.
    I'm all for TSA profiling passengers. If someone looks the part, I'd like for them to be selected. Let's stop pretending like we don't know who the enemy is.
    05-01-2017 02:56 PM
    So you're saying Trump targetted middle class whites? Which is EXACTLY what I'm saying? Lol.

So we finally agree on something. I can sleep well tonight.
    You take everything I say out of context. It's apparent you've never taken a marketing class.
    05-01-2017 02:56 PM
    Well stated, but....a good deal of people on the left did and do place blame as to why candidate Trump won the Presidency. They went as far as to blame the Russians. You know I'm not lying. 13% of the Black vote is HUGE when blacks as a whole overwhelmingly vote Democrat. In the context of the overall population, 13% and 29% are low, but in the context within the respective demographics, they are not.
    Romney won 27% of the Hispanic vote and Romney took 11% of the black vote. I'm not saying this to slight Trump. I'm saying this to say that his wins didn't signal anything major in either demographic. More like, maintaining the status quo.

What I WILL say is this...those numbers are surprising because they are higher for Trump and his campaign and the controversy surrounding it absolutely implied he wouldn't do well with those demographics. His words, particularly towards illegal immigrants, were all over the news cycles. So for him to improve on Romney's numbers, especially in the Hispanic community, says something.

I'm not slighting any of that...I'm just saying, middle class white America is his bread and butter. That's where he does best.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-01-2017 02:57 PM
    I'm all for TSA profiling passengers. If someone looks the part, I'd like for them to be selected. Let's stop pretending like we don't know who the enemy is.
    So you support racism, got it!
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    Thanks for the conversation, guys, but the Olive Garden is calling my name....(laughing)...I'm going to go and take advantage of their early dinner special between 3 and 5 PM.

Nice, enjoy!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    You take everything I say out of context. It's apparent you've never taken a marketing class.
    Yes...one of us is DEFINITELY taking the other out of context...

"Anyone who took any entry level marketing class knows you target the largest group."

This means a successful marketing expert will appeal to the largest group primarily, no? Or is there an alternative fact here I'm missing?

Before you respond, let's agree to respond ONLY to what is presented. So here, I've asked you to clarify your statement. Can you do that without insults? I eagerly await...
    05-01-2017 03:00 PM
    Can you please just use the word "prejudice"? It still is incorrect but it is far more close to what you're trying to say than "racist".

Nothing in this entire thread has been racist in any way shape or form...
    05-01-2017 03:01 PM
    If you look it, I sure as hell hope you're profiled. All I'm saying.
    05-01-2017 03:04 PM
    If you look it, I sure as hell hope you're profiled. All I'm saying.
    Like I said, you support racism, got it!
    05-01-2017 07:50 PM
    Yes...one of us is DEFINITELY taking the other out of context...
    Yes, you took my post out of context.
    05-01-2017 07:52 PM
    It was definitely poor turnout & middle class midwest voters!!! IMO either candidate is a disaster. I'm just glad the issues he's tackling don't have any impact on me at this time. Was never a fan of the ACA & have been fortunate enough to afford good healthcare, and I'm too far in the middle for tax reform to have a huge impact. However, I do feel bad for those that are less fortunate. But on the bright side....our kids never have to finish high school & can grow up to be coal miners So embarrassing
    pkcable likes this.
    05-02-2017 05:20 AM
    our kids never have to finish high school & can grow up to be coal miners So embarrassing
    All while getting cancer from coal mining and then not being able to get healthcare after voting Trump, lol. I love when people get what they deserve.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    05-02-2017 08:26 AM
    “I loved my previous life,” Mr. Trump told Reuters. “I had so many things going. This is more work than in my previous life. I thought it would be easier.”
    This says something, lol. His supporters should hate that comment after all the talk he was doing to get their vote, in my opinion. He told us nobody would be more presidential than him. He told us nobody knew more about ISIS than him. He made many grand statements about how great he would be. The last thing I want to hear is him say "I thought it would be easier".

I fully understand the weight of the presidency being a lot. But his words told the story of someone who knew what he was getting into and promised us he was going to handle it better than anyone else. Instead, we get someone who constantly reminds us of the "mess he inherited", the "dishonest media" and how they lie about him, and how Obama failed us. Not what I personally care to hear about, honestly.

Bush had shoes thrown at him, Obama had monkeys being drawn in his likeness. Trump better toughen his skin lol.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    05-02-2017 08:42 AM
    This says something, lol. His supporters should hate that comment after all the talk he was doing to get their vote, in my opinion. He told us nobody would be more presidential than him. He told us nobody knew more about ISIS than him.
    The issue is that his hardcore supporters actually believe it should be that easy so this just goes right past them.

Last edited by BreakingKayfabe; 05-02-2017 at 09:08 AM.
    05-02-2017 08:57 AM
    And this thread is why I stay out of the politic sub forum! lol

nikkisharif likes this.
    05-02-2017 11:46 AM

Oh jump in. The water is fine!!

Politics can be an important thing to discuss as long as it remains civil. We as a people are too hesitant to discuss the "taboo" topics. (Politics, religion etc.) These conversations explore our diversity, which is great if respect is at the forefront. A society with the inability to express their differences without fear of backlash really isn't as advanced as we may think, in my opinion.
    05-02-2017 12:03 PM
    It's just discussion like any of the other sub forums here. If a few insults are thrown here and there it doesn't really make me uncomfortable. Some people are different, I guess.
    05-02-2017 02:05 PM
    I have a feeling that poor 'D overdid it on the breadsticks at Olive Garden and is out of commission.
    05-02-2017 02:06 PM
    I have a feeling that poor 'D overdid it on the breadsticks at Olive Garden and is out of commission.
    Nah!...poor 'D is a working man with responsibilities aside from those here at iMore......I always participate when I can and when I want to, and I won't participate when I can't or when I don't want to. As for the breadsticks at the Olive Garden yesterday, dude, they were downright delicious...
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    05-02-2017 03:52 PM
    As for the breadsticks at the Olive Garden yesterday, dude, they were downright delicious...
    Aren't they always?
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-02-2017 03:54 PM
    Aren't they always?
    Yes, they are!...(laughing)
    05-02-2017 03:55 PM
    Yes, they are!...(laughing)
    They are delicious, but I don't have an Olive Garden nearby, sadly
    05-02-2017 03:56 PM
    This says something, lol. His supporters should hate that comment after all the talk he was doing to get their vote, in my opinion. He told us nobody would be more presidential than him. He told us nobody knew more about ISIS than him. He made many grand statements about how great he would be. The last thing I want to hear is him say "I thought it would be easier".

I fully understand the weight of the presidency being a lot. But his words told the story of someone who knew what he was getting into and promised us he was going to handle it better than anyone else. Instead, we get someone who constantly reminds us of the "mess he inherited", the "dishonest media" and how they lie about him, and how Obama failed us. Not what I personally care to hear about, honestly.

Bush had shoes thrown at him, Obama had monkeys being drawn in his likeness. Trump better toughen his skin lol.
    Every President, in my opinion, has underestimated the amount of responsibility that comes with being POTUS. BHO stated something similar to 'until you've sat in this office as the POTUS, you have no idea what it's like'. That is no different than "I thought it would be easier". BHO went on and made the adjustment and so will President Trump. The man has only been in office 100 days and he has been demonized relentlessly, and yet, he keeps pushing forward with the people's business. I'd say his skin is tougher than he's given credit for.
    05-02-2017 04:34 PM
    The man has only been in office 100 days and he has been demonized relentlessly, and yet, he keeps pushing forward with the people's business. I'd say his skin is tougher than he's given credit for.
    And @Just_Me_D just hit the nail on the head! President Trump is a true gentleman and he's not caving to the liberal media. He does keep pushing forward despite the media being against him and I hope that allah blesses President Trump with great success as POTUS.
    Just_Me_D and Evilguppy like this.
    05-02-2017 04:38 PM
109 12345