She didn't lose for one reason and one reason only. I'd imagine we all know that.
    Now that's a fact!

The article you posted cited the increase in middle class white voters who jumped ship from Obama and went with Trump. The "rest of you" aren't the reason he won. Sure, it certainly helped. But middle class white people were the group he took the majority of votes from. Again, I thought we all knew that? The articles were everywhere afterwards.
    That may have indeed been the case, but to say that they were the reason for then candidate Trump's victory is demeaning to anyone who voted for him that didn't fit the mold of being middle class white "men". The image of that particular segment of the population has been under siege for quite some time now.
    05-01-2017 03:16 PM
    Yep, that and who they perceive to be "uneducated".
    "Uneducated" must be the politically correct way to say "stupid," or so it seems from the way it's used.

Amen to that, but I don't see that happening any time soon...
    One can always dream though!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-01-2017 03:18 PM
    She didn't lose for one reason and one reason only. I'd imagine we all know that.
    Do tell
    05-01-2017 03:19 PM
    Y'all are so deeply tucked in your bubble. Reality will find you eventually fellas. It always does.
    I just hate when the bubble forces people to only see one side of the coin.
    05-01-2017 03:20 PM
    Yea...people these days really have no idea what "racist" is. I thought Donald Trump ushered in an era of toughness and did away with that "politically correct" nonsense?
    The "politically correct nonsense" as you call it does need to be done away with.
    05-01-2017 03:20 PM
    The "politically correct nonsense" as you call it does need to be done away with.
    Apparently it's not when the statement "middle class white people voted for Trump in large numbers" is deemed racist....
    05-01-2017 03:22 PM
    Left leaning media? He won 58% of the white vote.
    Okay. Now list the percentages of every other demographic who voted for him. Are they not important? Do they not have a voice?

There's nothing left or leaning about that. Obama also won the majority of the white vote when he was running.
    It is left or leaning when you focus on a particular demographic and point blame.

Overall voter turnout was down as a whole either way.
    Meh
    05-01-2017 03:22 PM
    There were a lot of blacks who voted for Obama because he was black. There's nothing racist about that. Do you know what racist means???
    Yeah because it was all over my Facebook news feed from my friends back then.

I know what racist means because it happens to me all the time. Just ask TSA about my last flight. "Randomly selected" I'm sure.
    05-01-2017 03:24 PM
    Now that's a fact!

That may have indeed been the case, but to say that they were the reason for then candidate Trump's victory is demeaning to anyone who voted for him that didn't fit the mold of being middle class white "men". The image of that particular segment of the population has been under siege for quite some time now.
    Dude...nobody wins without the middle class white vote. That isn't demeaning in the least bit...

That is the largest segment in the United States.

"The image of that particular segment of the population has been under siege"?
    I'm going to bite my tongue on this one...
    05-01-2017 03:26 PM
    Apparently it's not when the statement "middle class white people voted for Trump in large numbers" is deemed racist....
    That statement is racist. If it were obama instead of Trump and black instead of white you all on the left would be screaming racism.
    05-01-2017 03:26 PM
    Dude...nobody wins without the middle class white vote. That isn't demeaning in the least bit...

That is the largest segment in the United States.
    You just made my point. If Whites make up the largest voter segment and it is common knowledge then why bring attention to it, especially when a bigger story would have been in how many non-white votes he received?
    05-01-2017 03:30 PM
    Exactly! I'm not middle class nor white and find that to be offensive and downright racist.
    05-01-2017 03:31 PM
    Okay. Now list the percentages of every other demographic who voted for him. Are they not important? Do they not have a voice?

It is left or leaning when you focus on a particular demographic and point blame.

Meh
    Pointing blame for what? This is what I don't understand. We are talking facts and numbers. Trump won the white vote. Period. There is no disputing that. Why is it "offensive" to point that out?

Whites made up 70% of voters and of those 58% of them went with Trump. With those numbers...it's easy to see a large reason of why he won.

Yes...your minority voice matters. #AllVoicesMatter . But that doesn't change the reality of the election results. Nor does it make pointing those numbers out offensive.
    05-01-2017 03:33 PM
    Exactly! I'm not middle class nor white and find that to be offensive and downright racist.
    Dude...cut it out. You have proven you don't know what "racist" means.
    05-01-2017 03:33 PM
    That statement is racist. If it were obama instead of Trump and black instead of white you all on the left would be screaming racism.
    And they would also be just as wrong as you are...
    05-01-2017 03:34 PM
    Pointing blame for what? This is what I don't understand. We are talking facts and numbers. Trump won the white vote. Period. There is no disputing that. Why is it "offensive" to point that out?

Whites made up 70% of voters and of those 58% of them went with Trump. With those numbers...it's easy to see a large reason of why he won.

Yes...your minority voice matters. #AllVoicesMatter . But that doesn't change the reality of the election results. Nor does it make pointing those numbers out offensive.
    Don't misunderstand me. I get what you are saying. Having said that, when I say "pointing blame", I'm referring to the media and what they have been stating and the manner in which they have been using the aforementioned demographic. They've used it in an 'it's their fault that HRC lost' manner. I hope that made sense.
    05-01-2017 03:37 PM
    You just made my point. If Whites make up the largest voter segment and it is common knowledge then why bring attention to it, especially when a bigger story would have been in how many non-white votes he received?
    So is your point on what would be a bigger story or that mentioning the white vote is offensive?

Because the bigger story that was getting the most coverage was the fact that Trump lost the popular vote. But many supporters of Trump HATED that story being pushed around. So then we/they talk about the votes he DID win..

I think we/they were told "He won...get over it..."

Which kind of brings us back to this topic being brought forth by someone who supports Trump.
    05-01-2017 03:38 PM
    Anyone who took any entry level marketing class knows you target the largest group.
    05-01-2017 03:40 PM
    Dude...cut it out. You have proven you don't know what "racist" means.
    I highly doubt you know what racism means. And I'm not your dude
    05-01-2017 03:41 PM
    Don't misunderstand me. I get what you are saying. Having said that, when I say "pointing blame", I'm referring to the media and what they have been stating and the manner in which they have been using the aforementioned demographic. They've used it in an 'it's their fault that HRC lost' manner. I hope that made sense.
    I've seen Twitter commenters and others "pointing blame". But I honestly and truly haven't gotten the impression that the media is "placing blame" on any for Trumps win.

The term "placing blame", to me, implies that wrong was done. Sure...those who don't support Trump probably feel that way. But this is an election...he won. Its nobody's "fault". His voters spoke loud and clear. I don't see anything wrong with discussing the percentages and highlighting the areas he was stronger in. He only took 13% of the black vote...that is an area he could pay more attention to next time. He won 29% of the Hispanic vote...he could pay more attention to them next time. THAT is why these numbers are important. You identify your base...his base is absolutely middle class white people.
    I highly doubt you know what means. And I'm not your dude
    My apologies.
    So is your point on what would be a bigger story or that mentioning the white vote is offensive?
    My point has already been stated.

Because the bigger story that was getting the most coverage was the fact that Trump lost the popular vote. But many supporters of Trump HATED that story being pushed around. So then we/they talk about the votes he DID win..
    Hated it? Nah. Many of his supporters, just like everyone else, knows that it was irrelevant.

I think we/they were told "He won...get over it..."
    They were actually repeating what BHO had stated to McCain after his victory.

Which kind of brings us back to this topic being brought forth by someone who supports Trump.
    .....and that topic is "You mean it wasn't the Russians?"....
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 05-01-2017 at 08:17 PM.
    05-01-2017 03:43 PM
    Anyone who took any entry level marketing class knows you target the largest group.
    So you're saying Trump targetted middle class whites? Which is EXACTLY what I'm saying? Lol.

So we finally agree on something. I can sleep well tonight.
    05-01-2017 03:44 PM

.....and that topic is "You mean it wasn't the Russians?"....
    Awww phooey. You know what you're doing with that topic lol. Of course it wasn't JUST the Russians.
    05-01-2017 03:46 PM
    I've seen Twitter commenters and others "pointing blame". But I honestly and truly haven't gotten the impression that the media is "placing blame" on any for Trumps win.

The term "placing blame", to me, implies that wrong was done. Sure...those who don't support Trump probably feel that way. But this is an election...he won. Its nobody's "fault". His voters spoke loud and clear. I don't see anything wrong with discussing the percentages and highlighting the areas he was stronger in. He only took 13% of the black vote...that is an area he could pay more attention to next time. He won 29% of the Hispanic vote...he could pay more attention to them next time. THAT is why these numbers are important. You identify your base...his base is absolutely middle class white people.
    Well stated, but....a good deal of people on the left did and do place blame as to why candidate Trump won the Presidency. They went as far as to blame the Russians. You know I'm not lying. 13% of the Black vote is HUGE when blacks as a whole overwhelmingly vote Democrat. In the context of the overall population, 13% and 29% are low, but in the context within the respective demographics, they are not.
    05-01-2017 03:50 PM
109 1234 ...