Thoughts on the election result?

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
What are you talking about?! I haven't even disrespected you. The term "my man" is an endearing term where I'm from. If you're not a man, I apologize. It just sounds weird for me to say "my woman".

This is hilarious.

Who rioted when Obama got elected? Many did.

http://www.revelist.com/politics/am...the-ultimate-acceptance-of-a-presidentelect/1

But I know, you've got a reason why those riots don't count.

This has to be what trolling looks like, no?

And what is my reason that the alleged riots you mention don't count?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
You liberals have no respect for anyone. That's the reason I feel the US should have mandatory military service, to teach you all respect and how to not be the bunch that you all are. Seriously your criminal candidate lost so you all want to riot? Who ever rioted when obama got elected?
I'm so glad that I don't have to wear a uniform under another president that I despise!

Even Trump called for riots.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.inqu...-calls-the-protests-unfair/amp/?client=safari

I bet he would have been out there but let's be honest...he makes a damn nice suit. I wouldn't be out protesting in one of those either.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
And what is my reason that the alleged riots you mention don't count?

Honestly, you're way too complex for my mind to grasp. My examples are probably liberal media propaganda spread by paid shills to discredit the conservative movement and paint hard working Americans as equally barbaric as the supporters of Killary Klinton, who is a criminal by the way.

#MAGA

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Is there a camera somewhere? Am I being punked? What is happening right now?

Childish name calling? Is this real? Where did I childishly call anyone a name? False accusations? I literally pointed you to a situation where a group of people asked for Trumps commitment to them and they were instead disrespected and demanded to apologize. That is exactly how a group of people develop feelings of neglect.

Seriously...what is happening right now?! Lmao.

Please dissect that response. Point me to the childish name calling first please. Others in here are doing exactly that yet there is no finger pointing their way.

So the point in this thread were you said he was being misogynistic and where his vice was anti-gay was all made up then? Seriously?

Am I being punked? I actually had to go through the thread because I thought for a brief moment that I quoted the wrong man. You might want to have that head of yours checked out before it gets any worse.

I know you guys think labeling someone with those terms is standard these days. But here's the thing, it's childish and rude when you know nothing of them personally. Surprised. Well I'm not. As the other gentleman above said, you guys are so used to being rude it's common practice for you now isn't it?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
So the point in this thread were you said he was being misogynistic and where his vice was anti-gay was all made up them? Seriously?

Am I being punked? I actually had to go through the thread because I thought for a brief moment that I quoted the wrong man. You might want to have that head of yours checked out before it gets any worse.

I know you guys think labeling someone with those terms is standard these days. But here's the thing, it's childish and rude when you know nothing of them personally. Surprised. Well I'm not. As the other gentleman above said, you guys are so used to being rude it's common practice for you now isn't it?

Trumps misogyny:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...d-has-repeatedly-targeted-women?client=safari

Pence anti LGBT:

http://www.towleroad.com/2016/07/mike-pence-wanted-divert-hivaids-money-fund-conversion-therapy/

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2016/07/mike-pences-top-seven-homophobic-moments-many/

You sure you're not a Trump supporter? There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I just don't agree with that support. But you sound like a supporter.

Calling a man who allowed Howard Stern to call his daughter a "piece of ***" or boasted about what women let him do a misogynist isn't childish. I'm surprised that anyone can say he isn't misogynistic. Sure, people can say many men are but that doesn't make Trump less of one. What are labels if they can't be used to describe individuals who satisfy the prerequisites of them?

Pointing out the anti LGBT attitudes Pence holds isn't childish. In fact, it's common knowledge of anyone who has looked at some of his statements and positions.

How is any of that childish or rude??

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
So the point in this thread were you said he was being misogynistic and where his vice was anti-gay was all made up then? Seriously?

Pence literally said that gay couples signaled a "societal collapse". I'm childish for saying he's anti-LGBT based on HIS words?! I'm rude for that? Ok dude. Y'all got it. If views oppose yours the opposing side is childish and wrong. Let's ignore the insults tossed my way simply because y'all agree with each other. You right. I'll get my head checked. Lol.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I understand what you're trying to say. I never said I supported the guy. I didn't vote for him. But calling him certain names and demeaning him and his staff before they even start makes your look childish. To me anyway. People did it with Obama didn't they? I would have called them out as well. That's all I'm saying.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Friendly reminder...

[INFO]
P.U.P.P.A.H.
(Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)​
Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
Be understanding and patient. You may be a power user or developer, but the person you're talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if you're posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).
Be a pro. Don't get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. In a nutshell, think before you post.
Be attentive and helpful. Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a member's problem.
[/INFO]

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Let's be careful here not to make assumptions about what I'm saying or how I feel. Nobody is downplaying anything. My blood boiled watching that video. Just like my blood boiled after Dylan Roof. So there is no downplaying horrific acts going on. One can be offended by two or more things simultaneously.
Fair enough, but what's the point of prefacing your post with it just to turn right around make an election of a particular non criminal a bigger issue?

Huma Abedin was called a terrorist for writing on a site associated with Islamic Terror groups despite having no direct connection with those groups nor writing anything herself.
HRC called a entire section of the populace a basket of deplorables of whom she had no "direct connection with".
Steve Bannon oversees a website that he calls the "platform for the alt right movement", which has continued to show itself as a white supremacist organization, and you among others don't bat an eye.
Let's say that it is EXACTLY as you've stated. What has Bannon and the "white supremacists" done to "you"? Heck, what have they done to me? Not a darn thing!
That's a problem.
How?
I don't care how you rationalize it.
Oh, I see. I'm irrational for seeing what I see and believing what I believe, but you're rational for doing the same thing.
It's a double standard that many Trump supporters are ok with.
Are you kiddin' me? Hypocrisy and double standards run rampant on the left, and have been for as long as I've been breathing. Let's see. Mishandling of classified information by one person sends that person to prison, but not the other. Hmmmm Double standard?

When Obama was called out for his association with Rev Wright, he disassociated himself from him. Now Rev Wright doesn't like Obama. Obama didn't give him a cabinet position. You can bet your tail if he had there would have been a huge outcry.
Yes, had BHO given Wright a cabinet position there would have been an outcry, and he would have been unable to justify it. Having said that, I don't believe for one second that he has completely disassociated himself from Wright, but I could be wrong. Time will tell.
Trump appoints Bannon, who although may not have said hateful things in public ear provided a platform for these things to be said, and nobody cares. Reoccurring theme here.
Do you hear yourself? TiPB was created primarily to be a website about Apple products and services and yet, here we are talking politics in it, and although Rene haven't spoken sensitive political things, he "provided a platform" where those conversations can take place.

If you're going to sit there and excuse racism, misogyny and xenophobia because everyone knows someone like that or everyone associates with people like that then your a direct part of the problem.
This is what you stated in an earlier post: "The climate in which he won is kind of troublesome. But all I can do is hope that all of us who were critical and skeptical of him are wrong. I hope that what his supporters see in him translates into something positive for the whole country." Was that a lie? I mean, since I'm allegedly excusing racism, misogyny and xenophobia.
"You are absolutely right...I have associated with people like that. And I correct them as soon as I hear it. I'm part of a marginalized group and so I for damn sure won't stand idly by and allow anyone to disrespect another group."
where was your venom when HRC called a section of the populace a basket of deplorables? Where was your venom when she allegedly threatened and bullied the women who were sexually assaulted by her husband? Where was your venom when BHO and almost the entire Democrat leadership repeatedly lied to ALL OF US in regard to the Affordable Care Act?
So yes, if you put people with a history of marginalization in power I absolutely will paint a negative image of you. Because if it weren't for people bold enough to stand up for these things this country would be where it is.
Then paint that negative picture for the leadership throughout ALL of the Democrat history.
That mentality is very unfortunate. We as a people should never excuse a behavior because others have exhibited that behavior. R Kelly was one of my favorite singers. Then he peed on a little girl. I no longer purchase R Kelly albums.
Are you perfect? Do you make mistakes? Are you ever wrong? If so, then you, too, need and seek forgiveness. The question is will you give it in return?
You stated earlier that the climate in which the President-elect won is troubling. Well, I find the climate after HRC's defeat more troubling. Anyway, take care and have a great weekend...

Last edited:

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Pence literally said that gay couples signaled a "societal collapse". I'm childish for saying he's anti-LGBT based on HIS words?! I'm rude for that? Ok dude. Y'all got it. If views oppose yours the opposing side is childish and wrong. Let's ignore the insults tossed my way simply because y'all agree with each other. You right. I'll get my head checked. Lol.

That sounds like Pence's religious beliefs to me. You know the funny thing to me is that liberals embrace Islam, who throws gays off of buildings...talk about double standards!

craigrn16

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
That sounds like Pence's religious beliefs to me. You know the funny thing to me is that liberals embrace Islam, who throws gays off of buildings...talk about double standards!

"Liberals" don't embrace Islam anymore than they embrace Christianity. Believing that you shouldn't generalize a whole religion on the acts of a few is what"Liberals" are trying to get through some people's thick prejudice skulls.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
"Liberals" don't embrace Islam anymore than they embrace Christianity. Believing that you shouldn't generalize a whole religion on the acts of a few is what"Liberals" are trying to get through some people's thick prejudice skulls.
You must not have reading comprehension skills, and you must be a liberal yourself. Nothing I said was untrue, whereas you're absolutely wrong because the liberals embrace Islam but condemn Christianity.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
[WARN]

REMINDER:

The Politics forums can at times become a heated place where sensitive subjects are often discussed....Keep your language clean and appropriate. Refrain from personal attacks or insults to other members. Constructive discussions, debates and free speech are encouraged in the forums. However, it is not constructive to criticize or insult another member because their opinion differs from yours. Discrimination or harassment is not tolerated. Be courteous to other forum members regardless of their race, age, nationality, country of residence, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, political views or religious beliefs.

In summary, if you can't take the heat, we prefer that you get out of the kitchen. If you find yourself becoming heated or overheated, please leave the kitchen. We don't want anyone having a melt down. Capisce?
[/WARN]

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
So we shouldn't strive for better? I made jokes about women in high school. I then grew up, got married and had a daughter. I now see women in a completely different way.

Good for you.

Edit: I am not being sarcastic.

Growing up I've traveled and worked and associated with people of all colors and walks of life. I can honestly say I actively work to embrace all walks of life. Bigotry serves no purpose in my life.

There is a difference with making stereotypical jokes among your own family/friends as opposed to straight bigotry. The other day I sat in a room with a bunch of buddies of mine. You had a black guy, a pacific islander, two white guys, a mexican, a jew, and lebanese dude. We let the expletives and funny racial jokes fly. Nobody takes it personally. It's okay to laugh at ourselves. That's the purpose it serves to joke around.

Here is an example. Atlanta Hawks GM Makes Joke About Angry Black Women At Fan Event

He made a little tongue in cheek joke, and here comes the "outrage". I have made countless and worse jokes about mexicans and I MARRIED A MEXICAN-AMERICAN.

Otherwise this country will never progress and that whole "MAGA" nonsense will only apply to certain individuals and not the whole.

I'd argue that in the past 30 years this country has progressed quite rapidly.

The other day I sat in a room with a bunch of buddies of mine. You had a black guy, a pacific islander, two white guys, a mexican, a jew, and lebanese dude.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's just that there are groups of people that want their way to be the way and nothing else. I really don't have much issue with anyone's sexual orientation, but I find it ridiculous to have 20+ genders that should be "recognized". It is getting ridiculous.

My sons school teaches them that "character counts". You're all reaffirming that in actuality it doesn't. When the majority is guilty of poor character we shouldn't call for better.

Character does count. How do you think Trump got elected? Why do you think nobody relates to Hillary? She has no character whatsoever and couldn't carry even a small bucket of her husband's charisma. Like I said, it's okay to laugh at ourselves sometimes. It doesn't mean we have poor character.

You're essentially saying that type of character that isn't held to your standard is poor character. Just because you may be more squeaky clean than another person who doesn't hold the same set of standards as you doesn't make him/her a bad person. It is exactly what you're saying.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
....I'd argue that in the past 30 years this country has progressed quite rapidly. It's just that there are groups of people that want their way to be the way and nothing else. I really don't have much issue with anyone's sexual orientation, but I find it ridiculous to have 20+ genders that should be "recognized". It is getting ridiculous....

BOOM!...You've nailed it!

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
There's always someone who will get offended by just about anything. Even though it has nothing to do with them. White Knight and all that.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I also forgot how great it is that we have a president who is an atheist!

Trump has never said he's an atheist and I highly doubt he will say such a thing. He attended a church service this morning. Not to mention he picked Mike Pence, an extreme Christian, as his VP. I don't think I'd get too excited if I were you, lol. He can write off any chances of a second term if he even so much as dances with the idea of being an atheist.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox