Thoughts on the election result?

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
You've been reading, and it looks like believing, all the BS put forward by the ultra right leaning media.

Which is dwarfed by the size of the ultra-left media that put forth more BS than the right. It's time to see what the future holds. If you aren't satisfied, vote him out the next time. That's the way the US Democracy works.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Which is dwarfed by the size of the ultra-left media that put forth more BS than the right.
lol
Of course.

It's time to see what the future holds.

Agreed. I'm pulling for him to do well, which is polar opposite for what the Obama detractors did in wanting him to fail before they would want him to succeed. Doesn't mean I'm optimistic however. He's got a lot of work to do.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Trump? WORK?!?!?! Riiiiiiight... No, he's going to shrug all his responsibilities onto his team, he's picked the most fascist ones of all, including... Bannon. Oh and he wants Sarah Palin as Interior Secretary, whoa, can you wait to see the magnitude what his cabinet alone will be able to screw up? Give him a chance?! He's just shown up exactly what he intends to do: Roll his toxic self all over the White House for photo ops and let his gestapo turn the clock back to 1933, Hey, what could possibly go wrong?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Trump? WORK?!?!?! Riiiiiiight... No, he's going to shrug all his responsibilities onto his team, he's picked the most fascist ones of all, including... Bannon. Oh and he wants Sarah Palin as Interior Secretary, whoa, can you wait to see the magnitude what his cabinet alone will be able to screw up? Give him a chance?! He's just shown up exactly what he intends to do: Roll his toxic self all over the White House for photo ops and let his gestapo turn the clock back to 1933, Hey, what could possibly go wrong?

I know exactly how you feel. Just like I felt when Obama was elected! Lol

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I know exactly how you feel. Just like I felt when Obama was elected! Lol

I often wonder what exactly the fear was of an Obama presidency? What did he do leading to the time of his election that caused fear and worry? On similar levels of those felt by Trump fears.

You've said the fears of Trump were based on ignorance. Were your fears of Obama based on the same?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
You've said the fears of Trump were based on ignorance. Were your fears of Obama based on the same?

Bingo.

How long before Trump supporters realize they've been duped by a con-man? The same kind of con-man that calls old people and swindles them out of their savings.

So much for fixing the system. How about benefiting from it? He's only looking out for one person, not the other 324,999,999.

https://medium.com/senator-bernie-s...g-on-the-establishment-3a6206ccd6b#.d7eajo42t

I'm sure we'll hear this is all lies because Fox News isn't sugar coating covering it.

edit: Maybe he's stuck not realizing how many people he had to hire, beyond getting himself "hired" and he's reaching out to the only people he knows. And maybe he'll still stand to keep those things from happening. Time will tell... I'll still hope he was telling the truth, but won't hold my breath. :)

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Hence why I phrased it the way I did. Seems like it's FOX News and then everyone else is left.

Yea I guess. I do think it's important to recall how Donald Trump supported protests and everything that is being said/done about him when Obama was elected. This too speaks to the character of the man elected, imo. But his supporters don't acknowledge that.

5c0bea215c64590cfde03a24192203c7.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I often wonder what exactly the fear was of an Obama presidency? What did he do leading to the time of his election that caused fear and worry? On similar levels of those felt by Trump fears.

Obama's use of "fundamentally transform America" was a big hint that all would not be well. What, exactly, is the big fear of Trump!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
People have wondered why I haven't replied in this thread as of late. The answer is twofold.

1) I'm busy and will be even busier starting in a couple of days.

2) I've learned that debates/conversations that are fueled primarily by emotion will always end the way they began.

Besides, I don't have patience to deal with the accusations that the Americans who voted for the winner are anything other than Americans who preferred the winner and his vision for America over the loser. The fact that numerous Blacks, Whites, Latinos, Jews, Muslims, and others voted for the winner gets ignored. Furthermore, to hear people claim that their lives have been ruined is ludicrous when in fact the only thing that has been ruined is their victory celebration for the person who eventually lost.

Last edited:

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Obama's use of "fundamentally transform America" was a big hint that all would not be well. What, exactly, is the big fear of Trump!

Those words caused fear? That's interesting. Then I'd imagine you of all people should understand the fear of Trump, even if you don't agree with it. You felt the exact same way about a man you didn't know 8 years ago as you've admitted.

I think this quote is important in my questioning of your fear.

"Now, Mizzou, I just have two words for you tonight: five days. Five days. After decades of broken politics in Washington, and eight years of failed policies from George W. Bush, and 21 months of a campaign that's taken us from the rocky coast of Maine to the sunshine of California, we are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America.

"In five days, you can turn the page on policies that put greed and irresponsibility on Wall Street before the hard work and sacrifice of folks on Main Street. In five days, you can choose policies that invest in our middle class, and create new jobs, and grow this economy, so that everyone has a chance to succeed, not just the CEO, but the secretary and janitor, not just the factory owner, but the men and women on the factory floor."

That is the quote that seemingly cause you "fear". What exactly is said there that is any different than what Trump has been saying? Aside from the words "fundamentally change America". His message was very similar to what people are hearing from Trump. Break down wallstreet, stop lining the pockets of the rich and build the hard working middle class.

I think the big fear of Trump is the climate his campaign has created. I think it is being naive to pretend as though there isn't a large division in this country right now with his election. Some of the hate spewed during his rallies (I know the conspiracy is all of that was created and fake but there was some real hate at times as well). Not at all of his rallies and not by all of his supporters but it was real. And it has been heavily documented. His implication on bringing back stop and frisk during the second debate. His misogynistic rhetoric (blood coming out of her "wherever", grab them by the p****, Rosie is a fat pig, slamming Ted Cruz's wife, etc). His quickness to push conspiracy theory and unsubstantiated statistics as fact (Ted Cruzs dad may have had something to do with JFKs killing, retweeting horribly incorrect stats on black crime from an unfounded website). His total hypocrisy (See my above pic showing tweets from him after Obama was elected promoting the same thing he is now against).

All of that combined scares me. What kind of man did we just put in the office? And what does it say to our kids? You can say and do whatever you please as long as you promise to make our lives better? I like his "vision". That vision offered by any other person would be awesome, imo. But it's the PERSON that I have an issue with.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Apparently he's putting people in concentration camps as soon as he takes office!/s

I get the sarcasm here. But remember people were saying the same thing about Obama. That he will take everyone's guns, institute marshall law and strip us of all our rights as American citizens. It's just funny how when those conspiracies are about someone you support they are humorous. I think both conspiracies are full of ****. But we should definitely acknowledge both sides of the coin here. Not just the one you support.

Obama will only impose martial law if it looks like Trump will win

Another Insider Warns Of Martial Law Before Election!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Furthermore, to hear people claim that their lives have been ruined is ludicrous when in fact the only thing that has been ruined is their victory celebration for the person who eventually lost.

Again, I just think it interesting that Trump was literally saying this exact thing when Obama was elected. The man we put in office literally said, "Lets fight like hell and stop this great and disgusting injustice". We can't pretend like the people who dislike this outcome and are protesting are completely in the wrong here. They are in the wrong to Trump supporters because they disagree. But the man you all voted for was calling on people to do these same exact things. I have zero issues with Trump supporters. I just think we have to look at all angles sometimes.

I agree with your second point. No minds will be changed. But sometimes these conversations are interesting as long as they remain respectful.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen