Thoughts on the election result?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
As an American/Canadian living abroad I will get to eventually see how this affects me from both sides. I will not give an opinion for now.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Issuing emails for the safety of those students is not an acknowledgment of any crimes. In fact, it can be viewed as a call to harm them for the purpose of furthering a narrative. For some people, especially activists, nothing is off limits or out of bounds. Anyway, I hope things remain civil in your area.

I hope things remain civil everywhere. There are some anecdotes of some incivility if you look for them, so far, but I don't think it reflects on the entire country. This country has always persevered.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone seen what has happened with the Dow? After reality set in, it has reached a record high. The outcome of the election has already made money for a good deal of Americans. This is exceptional news for those with 401Ks and other employment-related retirement savings.

Altergeist

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
In my city and other cities in the south since his election are starting to see race crimes more than ever(especially against muslims). I expect him to have multiple assassination attempts but I'm over it, maybe now something can get done in America.

I really hope that increased race crime doesn't happen. Tbh, racism completely baffles me.

As for the assassination... Well let's hope it doesn't happen. Whatever one thinks of Trump, violence is rarely then answer to any question, though I don't doubt that between elements of the secret state and various wealthy interests that don't like him (many of them had thrown their support behind Hillary) and disgruntled citizens, there are probably quite a few people thinking about it. And the US has a long tradition of political assassinations.

From over here in the UK, many of us are worried about Trump's comments on race etc, but hopeful that he will at least pursue a less interventionist and more peaceful policy in the Middle East and elsewhere, and work to reduce tensions with Russia.

lepetitoiseau

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
Well, I'm not an American citizen, but I have been watching the elections fairly closely. I prefer a Trump presidency. Hillary just seems too sly and deceptive to me.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Are you saying that in a little over 24 hours, crimes against Muslims have risen to the "more than ever" level?

To the point where my old and current universities have issued emails for the safety of those students all I can do is assume so. BUT it is the south so not much surprise.

Issuing emails for the safety of those students is not an acknowledgment of any crimes. In fact, it can be viewed as a call to harm them for the purpose of furthering a narrative. For some people, especially activists, nothing is off limits or out of bounds. Anyway, I hope things remain civil in your area.

https://twitter.com/ManikRathee/status/796408766518292480
https://twitter.com/VAL2D2/status/796476988974239745
'Sieg Heil,' swastikas, racist Trump graffiti appear in South Philly

This Is Not Fine

I'd like to give him a chance, but he's already called for registering all Muslims (and then saying he didn't say it) so we're not off to a good start. I'm hoping he'll see the chaos his election has caused and call for peace and civility. Even if he didn't outright say for people to paint swastikas on buildings and throw bottles at people, etc., something about him is calling for that from a [hopefully minor] few and he needs to call for a stop to it immediately.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
https://twitter.com/ManikRathee/status/796408766518292480
https://twitter.com/VAL2D2/status/796476988974239745
'Sieg Heil,' swastikas, racist Trump graffiti appear in South Philly

This Is Not Fine

I'd like to give him a chance, but he's already called for registering all Muslims (and then saying he didn't say it) so we're not off to a good start. I'm hoping he'll see the chaos his election has caused and call for peace and civility. Even if he didn't outright say for people to paint swastikas on buildings and throw bottles at people, etc., something about him is calling for that from a [hopefully minor] few and he needs to call for a stop to it immediately.

His election, as if it's his fault, didn't cause the chaos. The chaos was caused by numerous people's reluctance to accept that HRC lost and lost overwhelmingly in a fair and square election. Instead of being adults about it, they threw a temper tantrum using things he said while campaigning as if HRC was just a sweet and Heavenly angel throughout the entire campaign process.

Last edited:

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
His election, as if it's his fault, didn't cause the chaos. The chaos was caused by numerous people's reluctance to accept that HRC lost and lost overwhelmingly in a fair and square election. Instead of being adults about it, they threw a temper tantrum using things he said while campaigning as if HRC was just a sweet and Heavenly angel throughout the entire campaign process.

HUH? What does HRC have to do with the Trump swastikas? The guy called "Apu" and told he'd have to leave now? The gay man hit in the bottle because there's a new president? Are you blaming that on HRC? Wow.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
HUH? What does HRC have to do with the Trump swastikas? The guy called "Apu" and told he'd have to leave now? The gay man hit in the bottle because there's a new president? Are you blaming that on HRC? Wow.

Of course, not, and it's not the fault of Trump either. The gay man hit with a bottle is the fault of the person who hit him. What does Trump have to do with the swastikas? The people who put out the swastikas are to blame for that, but who's to say that those people weren't activists supporting HRC? It's not uncommon for activists to create a situation that makes it looks as if the opposition is to blame. The guy called "Apu" was not told to leave by Trump.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Of course, not, and it's not the fault of Trump either. The gay man hit with a bottle is the fault of the person who hit him. What does Trump have to do with the swastikas? The people who put out the swastikas are to blame for that, but who's to say that those people weren't activists supporting HRC? It's not uncommon for activists to create a situation that makes it looks as if the opposition is to blame. The guy called "Apu" was not told to leave by Trump.
Never mind :)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Never mind :)

I hear you. The article you posted contained links to articles dated Nov. 2015. At that point in time numerous people were still jockeying for nomination on both sides of the political aisle. A good deal of the rhetoric therein has changed, in my opinion. Anyway, enjoy your day, sir...

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I don't blame Hillary for some of the same type stuff you mentioned that goes the other way. And there's plenty of it. Most of the violence is being done by the young Democrats. Perpetuated by Soros's money and moveon.xxx.

I would say most of them have no idea about politics let alone have a party affiliation. You should have seen the morons here in Los Angeles blocking the 101 freeway. Just a bunch of young kids on their phones recording stuff because they think it's cool. The type of people in their early 20's who don't have a job and have no idea how to even register to vote. There really isn't a message. I have yet to get a clear-cut and underlying answer as to what these protests and "demonstrations" are aimed to accomplish. People were saying over and over how if Trump lost the election that his supporters would be doing these things because they couldn't accept a loss. Whether or not that would have happened, we will never know. But they're portraying the same behavior they accused others of when it didn't even happen.

Edit: Spelling error

Last edited:

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I have yet to get a clear-cut and underlying answer as to what these protests and "demonstrations" are aimed to accomplish.

It's simple. To be heard. Which is something they have the right to. Whether you agree with it or not. They certainly have the right to be heard.

They do not have the right to damage property, harm others who disagree or disrespect others. But I won't speak down on anyone exercising their right to protest.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It's simple. To be heard. Which is something they have the right to. Whether you agree with it or not. They certainly have the right to be heard.

They do not have the right to damage property, harm others who disagree or disrespect others. But I won't speak down on anyone exercising their right to protest.

There are plenty of things I have a right to do. I won't do them because it's a waste of my time. Same for them.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
All you wanted to know is what they hope to accomplish. The answer is nothing more than to let it be known they disagree.

I mean absolutely no disrespect here, but unless you're out there, what position are you in to speak for them by saying that's their underlying reason? If they've already voted because they disagree then isn't all of this just redundant and being done in vain? Seems like quite the waste of time on top of wasting resources. How about replenish, regroup, and put all this energy towards an effort in 2018 during mid-terms? Feels like this all adds to the modern liberal narrative that everyone must get a trophy and if we don't we will whine and pout about it. It's a terrible example to showcase in front of younger minds.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal