It wasn't linked to security. It was at their discretion. It could be political, not paying the high fees larger companies could pay or just because they didn't like them. How that would have played out is anyone's guess.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    You're right, it was anyone's guess, but so far the issue really hasn't been a problem (admitted earlier in this thread). The biggest blockers of content on the Internet are governments, not companies. Even if one company blocked content, there are ways around it (VPN, wireless ISP, cell phones, satellite, Tor, etc, etc, etc). Even China has trouble blocking content because there are ways around it. There is also legal avenues (one company can sue another for preventing traffic to their site). There is also the issue of PR and public outcry. There are options. That is why many people are worried about the FCC getting involved with an issue that really didn't exist. I love the Internet, I love that there is so much free expression on it. That explosion of freedom happened once the Internet was commercialized in the early '90's.... it was a good thing. And now even companies that were for Net Neutrality are a little nervous with the new (rather old) FCC rules.

The only thing I want it more competition at the last mile. This FCC ruling doesn't help that. I read that the other FCC rule that was voted on did allow other companies to use local telcom poles in cities, but local city governments are still big blockers. Choice, not the FCC, can prevent the issue of controlling content. I would much rather see focus on that rather than the FCC stepping in.

I'm happy that Google is one of the companies making a difference there. Instead of just whining about it, they put their money where their mouth is and are rolling out city-wide fiber.
    03-03-2015 11:34 PM
    03-19-2015 01:12 PM
    Come on guys!

Attachment 78183
    I think you're needed here

Net Neutrality Is Challenged! Yay! - Page 6 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

where, by the way, the same CB poster who has been agitating here is also posting....

....there exists an old saying about glass houses....
    mikeo007 likes this.
    03-27-2015 12:23 PM
    I think you're needed here

Net Neutrality Is Challenged! Yay! - Page 6 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

where, by the way, the same CB poster who has been agitating here is also posting....

....there exists an old saying about glass houses....
    Thanks for the heads up, but the team appears to be on top of it. Perhaps shoot me an email next time.
    Ecm and Elite1 like this.
    03-27-2015 02:52 PM
    Yup. The mods in this thread are on top of the one here. You needn't worry about iMore mods.
    This thread is the politics subforum where it is understood that things will get heated and certain allowances are made.
    03-27-2015 04:23 PM
    Yup. The mods in this thread are on top of the one here. You needn't worry about iMore mods.
    This thread is the politics subforum where it is understood that things will get heated and certain allowances are made.
    Yea I thought that was a jab. Please keep them to yourself next time!
    Ecm, Elite1 and BigBadWulf like this.
    03-27-2015 04:45 PM
    Yea I thought that was a jab. Please keep them to yourself next time!
    You're making things personal that needn't be. Bit oversensitive. There is nothing to keep to myself.
    And I am posting in iMore under the jurisdiction of iMore mods. Two of whom, in addition to Ambassadors, are in this thread. In the Politics subforum in iMore.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    03-27-2015 06:06 PM
    Looks like this thread has run its course... Closing it... At least for a time out...
    pkcable and BigBadWulf like this.
    03-27-2015 06:23 PM
183 ... 678