Well, here we go again, folks. Shooting up a newspaper office. Oh, and by the way, shooting up a synogogue to kill a Jew or two, even though they had nothing to do with the newspaper. Still don't get the pattern? Wait a minute, it's all a lie, made up by Fox News. What about the Muslim in the White House? He and his buddies are heading down a dark path. I don't want to see a military take over of the government, but it's heading in that direction. Rather than get slammed by all the politically correct wussies that frequent these forums, i'll end my post, while i'm still able to post. Is it still ok to say...God Bless America? OORAH!!!
    Ledsteplin and beeray like this.
    02-15-2015 10:24 AM
    Is it still ok to say...God Bless America? OORAH!!!
    Yes.
    grunt0300 likes this.
    02-15-2015 11:03 AM
    Well, here we go again, folks. Shooting up a newspaper office. Oh, and by the way, shooting up a synogogue to kill a Jew or two, even though they had nothing to do with the newspaper. Still don't get the pattern? Wait a minute, it's all a lie, made up by Fox News. What about the Muslim in the White House? He and his buddies are heading down a dark path. I don't want to see a military take over of the government, but it's heading in that direction. Rather than get slammed by all the politically correct wussies that frequent these forums, i'll end my post, while i'm still able to post. Is it still ok to say...God Bless America? OORAH!!!
    Wonderful, another post about doom and gloom and a Muslim in the White House.

Why don't you try reading Obama's State of the Union Address Transcript: President Obama's State Of The Union Address : NPR instead of listening to Fox News and maybe you won't be so pessimistic. A little optimism will help bond the divide and take you out of your depression.
    02-15-2015 11:53 AM
    Wonderful, another post about doom and gloom and a Muslim in the White House.

Why don't you try reading Obama's State of the Union Address Transcript: President Obama's State Of The Union Address : NPR instead of listening to Fox News and maybe you won't be so pessimistic. A little optimism will help bond the divide and take you out of your depression.

So Fox News is the devil? You mention them every chance you get. I'm not depressed, i'm mad as hell. You didn't address the issue of Copenhagen, did you? I must have missed it while i was watching Fox News. Did they even mention what happened in Denmark, on the news channel that you watch?
    02-15-2015 12:05 PM
    NPR... National Propaganda Radio...
    grunt0300, hydrogen3 and boovish like this.
    02-15-2015 12:30 PM
    So Fox News is the devil? You mention them every chance you get. I'm not depressed, i'm mad as hell. You didn't address the issue of Copenhagen, did you? I must have missed it while i was watching Fox News. Did they even mention what happened in Denmark, on the news channel that you watch?
    Sad, but true. All I see in your post is doom and gloom and a Muslim in the White House. Perception is reality.
    02-15-2015 12:31 PM
    Perception is reality.
    You see what you chose to see, which becomes your reality. I agree, that is sad. And there really is one religion that this Whitehouse seems to be bending over forwards and backwards for... and it ain't the Anglicans... Episcopalians, Baptists or Druids..
    grunt0300 likes this.
    02-15-2015 12:34 PM
    You see what you chose to see, which becomes your reality. I agree, that is sad. And there really is one religion that this Whitehouse seems to be bending over forwards and backwards for... and it ain't the Anglicans... Episcopalians, Baptists or Druids..

It will come out, years from now. Obama has a prayer rug, hidden in the White House.
    02-15-2015 01:01 PM
    I have purposely stayed away from this thread and just enjoyed reading all the biased opinion. Fox News would be proud of all of you followers.

However now I see the moderators taking sides, eg redefining NPR.

I am a super moderator at another wireless forum and a forum junkie, in our forum and most of the others that I frequent a mod remains neutral and is required to.

I have been thinking of leaving this forum for a couple of weeks and today's post was the last straw.

Thanks to all that have helped.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk
    palandri, sanibel, A895 and 1 others like this.
    02-15-2015 03:02 PM
    I have purposely stayed away from this thread and just enjoyed reading all the biased opinion. Fox News would be proud of all of you followers.

I am a super moderator at another wireless forum and a forum junkie, in our forum and most of the others that I frequent a mod remains neutral and is required to.

I have been thinking of leaving this forum for a couple of weeks and today's post was the last straw.

Bye.
    02-15-2015 03:07 PM
    I call it as I see it re NPR... It's very one-sided.
    So long... your loss.
    ajst222 likes this.
    02-15-2015 03:18 PM

Do what you have to do. Bye.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1 - you know, the version BEFORE they totally borked the app.
    02-15-2015 03:47 PM

Mods should absolutely be able to post their opinions, as long as it isn't trolling, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-15-2015 05:22 PM
    When you lose somebody, especially a woman, who's been around since 2008 and the old Palm Treo days, there's obviously a problem that needs to be fixed.
    02-15-2015 05:29 PM
    When you lose somebody, especially a woman, who's been around since 2008 and the old Palm Treo days, there's obviously a problem that needs to be fixed.
    The problem isn't me... and it's not iMore... nor is it Mobile Nations...
    02-15-2015 05:44 PM
    I disagree. If politics are your "thing" all should feel welcome to share their thoughts and opinions. If politics offend you or get you all worked up to the point that you can't function, you should stay away from those sections of the forum. (In other words, exercise some personal discipline and self control - though libs hate being told to "practice self control".)

But for someone who is rarely involved in the politics areas to state that they are leaving because a moderator has voiced his/her opinion, was, IMO, looking for an excuse to leave, and is trying to make an issue where none exists.

Just remember, mods have opinions, too. And they should never be prohibited from posting in any thread - even in the politics area.
    kch50428, Ledsteplin and joemd60 like this.
    02-15-2015 06:39 PM
    Are you for real? She is the problem, and is fixing it.

02-15-2015 07:08 PM

Attachment 77501

02-15-2015 07:13 PM
    I disagree. If politics are your "thing" all should feel welcome to share their thoughts and opinions. If politics offend you or get you all worked up to the point that you can't function, you should stay away from those sections of the forum. (In other words, exercise some personal discipline and self control - though libs hate being told to "practice self control".)

But for someone who is rarely involved in the politics areas to state that they are leaving because a moderator has voiced his/her opinion, was, IMO, looking for an excuse to leave, and is trying to make an issue where none exists.

Just remember, mods have opinions, too. And they should never be prohibited from posting in any thread - even in the politics area.
    So you know for a fact that she left because of that one opinion? Nothing else lead up to it or caused it? Did you talk to her or something? How do you know this as fact?

Here's the problem, you lose somebody, especially a woman, who's been around since 2008 going all the way back to the old Palm Treo days. That's problem.

You have BobLobIaw making this post: http://forums.imore.com/politics/270...ml#post2451829

Now you have a smart arse doing this to her:

Attachment 77501

There's obviously a problem that needs to be addressed and fixed.
    BobLobIaw likes this.
    02-15-2015 07:51 PM
    Grunt..... why did the Muslim in the White House order the strike that killed Osama Bin Laden? Which by the way, violated a Muslim nation's airspace?

How do you explain that? I would love to hear it..... and please, THINK. Don't embarrass yourself.
    BobLobIaw likes this.
    02-15-2015 08:48 PM

So you know for a fact that she left because of that one opinion? Nothing else lead up to it or caused it? Did you talk to her or something? How do you know this as fact?
    Did you read her post? She said as much.
    02-15-2015 09:17 PM

I hope you reconsider because you, at least in my opinion, is an asset to the iMore community. Having said that, you know that the forums at iMore are primarily tech-based, but include sections that are not related to technology. Please do not base your decision to leave based on conversations found in the off-topic section, especially those that contain warnings and/or disclaimers.
    02-15-2015 09:21 PM
    I've never had a problem with Charlyee, and I've always found her to be professional and classy here at iMore. Having said that, if she wants to leave iMore, I respect her choice and decision to leave, but I find it unfortunate that it may be because of political or ideological differences stemming from conversations found in the off-topic section of the forums where we all can choose to not participate in.
    02-15-2015 09:32 PM
    I hope you reconsider because you, at least in my opinion, is an asset to the iMore community. Having said that, you know that the forums at iMore are primarily tech-based, but include sections that are not related to technology. Please do not base your decision to leave based on conversations found in the off-topic section, especially those that contain warnings and/or disclaimers.
    i logged in to thank you for all the support and help you gave when I was a newbie and continued to do so.

I also wanted to clarify that even though the thread is in the off topic forum, it does reflect the attitude of the posters. To me this depicts the vibe of the entire forum. If this thread, the Jordanian pilot thread, and other political threads before it were truly discussing politics, I would absolutely have no problems. That is not the case however, all of these have the same situation, a group of people jumping at a one person whether they be a college student or a navy vet and ridiculing them with personal attacks. Anyone who dares to speak on their behalf is also rediculed.

Like I said the last straw was when a mod ridicules NPR, in a smart a$$ way; why because NPR has the courage to portray humanity the way that very few do, potray the lives of downtrodden who have succeeded against all odds, and many such situations. If one actually listens to NPR with an open mind, they would get an education that no college can give.

Sorry for the long post but I figured I owed you an explanation.
    Not Quite Right and Just_Me_D like this.
    02-15-2015 09:58 PM
    Here's the problem, you lose somebody, especially a woman, who's been around since 2008 going all the way back to the old Palm Treo days. That's problem.
    How does that make a difference?
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    02-15-2015 10:08 PM
79 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD