Copenhagen

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
So you know for a fact that she left because of that one opinion? Nothing else lead up to it or caused it? Did you talk to her or something? How do you know this as fact?

Here's the problem, you lose somebody, especially a woman, who's been around since 2008 going all the way back to the old Palm Treo days. That's problem.

You have BobLobIaw making this post: http://forums.imore.com/politics/270331-read-before-posting-politics-forum.html#post2451829

Now you have a smart arse doing this to her:

There's obviously a problem that needs to be addressed and fixed.

No matter what I or you say, we're going to ruffle some feathers. I see a lot of arguments from both sides and I don't feel compelled to reply to everything. I take what some people say with a grain of salt and so should you and others. If the discussions get a little heated, you best bring a portable air conditioner.

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Quite frankly, I don't care for Islam. It's a hypocritical religion. Muhammad had poets killed just because they wrote ill of him, and the reclaiming of Mecca was not a peaceful one, blood was spilled, and it didn't have to. Then you have these Wahhabist extremists. If they were going back to doctrinal Islam, than they wouldn't be shooting up synagogues, rather they would just be taxing them along with christians, (Also hypocritical, but at least Jesus only flipped out once, and he didn't even kill anyone in that temple). "Peaceful Religion" my ****. On top of that, I don't see why they think that Sharia law has any place in today's society. There is a reason Europe regained power during the renaissance, it's because instead of focusing on mainly theological studies, they chose to study things like space, gravity, and, of course, enlightened government ideals. I mean, before wahhabist groups, places like Iraq and Iran were beautiful, now because of infighting between 2 stupid groups, who by the way, Shiites should be gone by now as there is LITERALLY NO ONE OF ALI's BLOODLINE LEFT, are still having issues of succession. And now just because they think they're so great still, they think that they have a right to put out freaking hits on people who draw pictures of their hypocrite prophet, as well as instigate fights with Israel. At this point, I think we should just leave them alone and let them kill each other off.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Screen Shot 2015-02-16 at 11.52.15 PM.png

This really bothers me. I've been considering leaving the forum for a while, but this is the last straw. If you're going to like one post...you need to like ALL posts or none at all (as a moderator). I'm a super duper ultra mega turbo moderator on another forum, and also, a heroin junky...and EVERYONE I know pats each other on the back while circle jerking like the get along gang...but of course only in a neutral manner.

I think you should consider yourself in a very influential position as a moderator on iMore...and consider the ripple effect your actions have in the universe itself. For all we know, the real reason we don't have flying cars yet is probably because of your biased agenda in life.

It's disgusting.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 77548

This really bothers me. I've been considering leaving the forum for a while, but this is the last straw. If you're going to like one post...you need to like ALL posts or none at all (as a moderator). I'm a super duper ultra mega turbo moderator on another forum, and also, a heroin junky...and EVERYONE I know pats each other on the back while circle jerking like the get along gang...but of course only in a neutral manner.

I think you should consider yourself in a very influential position as a moderator on iMore...and consider the ripple effect your actions have in the universe itself. For all we know, the real reason we don't have flying cars yet is probably because of your biased agenda in life.

It's disgusting.

LOL! Well said!

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
That covers most left-wingers.

Really? Trickle down economics is absurd and historically destructive to every economy that comes within 10 feet of it. The republican chicken hawks get us into wars they can't win and can't get us out of. Hell Isis is gw's great legacy. Well that and giving us the biggest recession since the great depression. You claim you want small government but then tell everyone who to worship, who and how to ****, and who to marry. In order to think the right has any clue or positive bearing on this society, you have to have your head so far buried in the sand that you can see China.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
The republican chicken hawks get us into wars they can't win and can't get us out of.

Both parties agreed to the wars.

Obamanomics is great for the stock market, but not for the middle-class, whose annual income has dropped considerably since he took office.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

Obamanomics is great for the stock market, but not for the middle-class, whose annual income has dropped considerably since he took office.

Let's look at that more closely. Which party won't raise the minimum wage? Which party won't give tax cuts to the middle class but fight for them for the wealthy? Who is in charge of the wallet of America? You're orange friend boehner and the tea party. Seriously, how much do you have to lie to yourself to believe this stuff. Its amazing.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Bush brought the Iraq war to the table. Had it been Obama that had done it, you would flip-flop on the war faster than you can blink an eye.

Bush was at the helm during the 2nd greatest economic catastrophe this nation has ever faced. You cant get around that... unless you are willfully trying to ignore it.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I fear more that people think John Stewart's show was really news and those who think Brian Williams is a paragon of honesty...

Fox News is different from the rest because they're not as overtly liberal as the rest - as has been documented by more than one college study that you won't bother to look up because it goes against the meme...

My point is.... when you get your news from only one source it is not a good thing. Because you are vetting your news sources based on what you want to hear.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No matter what I or you say, we're going to ruffle some feathers. I see a lot of arguments from both sides and I don't feel compelled to reply to everything. I take what some people say with a grain of salt and so should you and others. If the discussions get a little heated, you best bring a portable air conditioner.

...and therein lies the problem. Some people don't know when to stop reading or know when to exit. They are so caught up in their belief or ideology that they feel compelled to defend it here in a private forum as if the world will come to an immediate end if they don't. Their tunnel vision blinds them to the fact that there are others with alternative views, and instead of accepting that fact, they despise it. They often cast the first stone, and then cry foul when the stone is caught and thrown back at them. For some reason, they never see their own comments and replies as offensive to those with alternative views, but have no problem calling the comments and replies of others as being offensive to them. Then they hit the report button to have a mod come in and punish the reported person, but then get ticked off when we look at the totality of the situation and find that they were the instigators. Having said that, here's a reminder: There is a warning/disclaimer at the top of threads like this that basically states -participate at your own risk-. In laymans terms, that means there is a good chance that something contained therein will offend or tick you off. You can decide to read the comments and replies therein or select another topic to read. The choice is always "YOURS" to make. If you opt to enter, wear your big boy and big girl pants and understand that the things you state may be vigorously challenged and you may even be ridiculed for it. If you don't have the discipline or inner strength to deal with stuff like that, do everyone, including yourself, a favor and stay away from threads that have warnings and/or disclaimers associated with them.

Last edited:

franknasty

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
You guys ran off a old timer since 2008. You hate liberals long live NPR. I hope it chaps your ***

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You guys ran off a old timer since 2008. You hate liberals long live NPR. I hope it chaps your ***

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Wrong! No one was run off. That person decided to leave. As for 'hating' liberals, well, I know a lot of liberals, and I don't hate any of them. Do we disagree on things? Of course, we do, but I also disagree with conservatives on some things. Finally, in regard to your parting shot, I see it as casting the first stone.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It's funny what the last straw for some people is. Call them out for bad spelling and grammar. "OMFGBBQ I'm out of here!" Or when someone criticizes a news outlet that they like they can't stand it and decide they're going to "leave." Really? At least some of the people who have opposing sides to what the conservative side here has to say continue to have a conversation and don't make like jellyfish.

People want to act like they can't ever discuss an iPhone with someone who thinks NPR or Fox News sucks. Maybe it just me, but I can absolutely still throwback a couple of beers with the most hardcore Christian even if I think he's completely nuts. There's nothing wrong with everyone not agreeing with my viewpoint.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox