Copenhagen

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I have purposely stayed away from this thread and just enjoyed reading all the biased opinion. Fox News would be proud of all of you followers. :)

However now I see the moderators taking sides, eg redefining NPR.

I am a super moderator at another wireless forum and a forum junkie, in our forum and most of the others that I frequent a mod remains neutral and is required to.

I have been thinking of leaving this forum for a couple of weeks and today's post was the last straw.

Thanks to all that have helped.

So you know for a fact that she left because of that one opinion? Nothing else lead up to it or caused it? Did you talk to her or something? How do you know this as fact?

Did you read her post? She said as much.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have purposely stayed away from this thread and just enjoyed reading all the biased opinion. Fox News would be proud of all of you followers. :)

I am a super moderator at another wireless forum and a forum junkie, in our forum and most of the others that I frequent a mod remains neutral and is required to.

I have been thinking of leaving this forum for a couple of weeks and today's post was the last straw.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

I hope you reconsider because you, at least in my opinion, is an asset to the iMore community. Having said that, you know that the forums at iMore are primarily tech-based, but include sections that are not related to technology. Please do not base your decision to leave based on conversations found in the off-topic section, especially those that contain warnings and/or disclaimers.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When you lose somebody, especially a woman, who's been around since 2008 and the old Palm Treo days, there's obviously a problem that needs to be fixed.

I've never had a problem with Charlyee, and I've always found her to be professional and classy here at iMore. Having said that, if she wants to leave iMore, I respect her choice and decision to leave, but I find it unfortunate that it may be because of political or ideological differences stemming from conversations found in the off-topic section of the forums where we all can choose to not participate in.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I hope you reconsider because you, at least in my opinion, is an asset to the iMore community. Having said that, you know that the forums at iMore are primarily tech-based, but include sections that are not related to technology. Please do not base your decision to leave based on conversations found in the off-topic section, especially those that contain warnings and/or disclaimers.
i logged in to thank you for all the support and help you gave when I was a newbie and continued to do so.

I also wanted to clarify that even though the thread is in the off topic forum, it does reflect the attitude of the posters. To me this depicts the vibe of the entire forum. If this thread, the Jordanian pilot thread, and other political threads before it were truly discussing politics, I would absolutely have no problems. That is not the case however, all of these have the same situation, a group of people jumping at a one person whether they be a college student or a navy vet and ridiculing them with personal attacks. Anyone who dares to speak on their behalf is also rediculed.

Like I said the last straw was when a mod ridicules NPR, in a smart a$$ way; why because NPR has the courage to portray humanity the way that very few do, potray the lives of downtrodden who have succeeded against all odds, and many such situations. If one actually listens to NPR with an open mind, they would get an education that no college can give.

Sorry for the long post but I figured I owed you an explanation. :)

hatchettjack

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Npr is a joke! Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya! I'm sure elpresidente is on his carpet as we speak!

Sent from my  6+

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
came here to discuss what happened in Copenhagen. What's even more frustrating than the inane brawl that ensued is the fact that the OP must think Copenhagen and Paris are the same places, as everything he writes refers to the Charlie Hebdo shootings in France... not that anyone cared.

knighty2112

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
came here to discuss what happened in Copenhagen. What's even more frustrating than the inane brawl that ensued is the fact that the OP must think Copenhagen and Paris are the same places, as everything he writes refers to the Charlie Hebdo shootings in France... not that anyone cared.

Whilst the OP may have blurred events in Copenhagen with Paris, the main point was that another cartoonist has been killed during a debate on Islam and free speech.

Whilst the right and the left argue back and forth about radical Islam in the west, these terrorists care nothing about free speech, or even democracy. In their world view all none Muslims must bow before Allah and accept him as their god, or except the consequences (death or enslavement). The fact that home grown Muslim citizens in the west, and not just Middle eastern Islamic terrorists or immigrants, are committing these attacks is all the more worrying.

If we bury our head in the sand insisting that there is no problem and argue over the politics of this, then I am reminded of the phrase from Roman history of Nero fiddling whilst Rome burned.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
How about the left-wing bias of ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, and CNN? They are all mouthpieces for the White House.

I watch many sources for news... including Fox. I can accept their bias as well as ABC, NBC etc etc.

"The News" is always biased. No matter what you espouse to politically. Left, Right or Center.

What I have experienced for myself, again only for myself, is that many of my conservative friends and colleagues use Fox as their sole source of news. That is a mistake I fear.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
What I have experienced for myself, again only for myself, is that many of my conservative friends and colleagues use Fox as their sole source of news. That is a mistake I fear.
I fear more that people think John Stewart's show was really news and those who think Brian Williams is a paragon of honesty...

Fox News is different from the rest because they're not as overtly liberal as the rest - as has been documented by more than one college study that you won't bother to look up because it goes against the meme...

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

Well, let's see. Paris is in France, and Copenhagen is in Denmark. Do you need a geography lesson? I'm not always referring to Charlie Hebdo, and obviously you don't care what goes on in the world. Just put your head back down in the sand, and carry on.:rolleyes:

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site

What?! I was under the impression that we were discussing what brand of chew wore a hole in the back pocket of his Wrangler Jeans. Ppfftttt What a let down ...
5277993943_3a787bec0e_z.jpgtumblr_mf8y1ocREp1s0hzgfo1_400.jpg

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm still amazed at the 'Fox News vs whatever other media outlet' argument. Just like what you like and let others like what they like and stop arguing about which is more biased than the other. What in the world does anyone gain out of trying to prove that? "Fox News this, MSNBC that, NPR this, Fox that...." jesus, who gives a sh*t?