The Jordanian pilot

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I've seen photographs showing him being burned alive by those goat farmers ISIS. And I just saw a tweet saying that every prisoner in Jordan will be executed tonight. I'm trying to find a new adjective to describe ISIS besides savages. Anyone help me out here?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I actually saw the full unedited tape on another forum and it was horrifying. I realized I had reacted exactly as ISIS would want people to react and got to think that all the media coverage is probably doing more harm than good:
ISIS is crawling with media whores, they thrive on the attention.
So if we were to completely silence them, put them in a total media black hole, they would lose a lot of their impact.
And of course... Take them out, that goes without saying.
But the publicity they get, that is generated by the media coverage and the understandably horrified reactions of the public is, IMO, playing right into their hands.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I wish that Obama had the huevos (more accurately, the conscience and desire) to do as the Jordanian king did. If these animals want to perform these heinous acts on the world in the name of their god, then I say kill them all. Instead, our president barely interrupts his golf game to make a brief, weak statement when these terrorists behead an American. Fore!

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I wish that Obama had the huevos (more accurately, the conscience and desire) to do as the Jordanian king did. If these animals want to perform these heinous acts on the world in the name of their god, then I say kill them all. Instead, our president barely interrupts his golf game to make a brief, weak statement when these terrorists behead an American. Fore!

Reports of the King flying sorties are only being reported by bloggers..... can't find anything on Fox about it. And you know Fox would absolutely report it if it was true.

Meanwhile, US warplanes have flown thousands of sorties against ISIS. Long before the Jordanian pilot was even captured.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Reports of the King flying sorties are only being reported by bloggers..... can't find anything on Fox about it. And you know Fox would absolutely report it if it was true.

Meanwhile, US warplanes have flown thousands of sorties against ISIS. Long before the Jordanian pilot was even captured.

Flying sorties? I am talking about this (and I cited CNN so you can't scream "media bias" towards):

Jordan executes prisoners after ISIS hostage burned alive - CNN.com

It may not be very effective with these animals, but I'd guess that it's more effective than playing 18 holes of golf.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It may not be very effective with these animals, but I'd guess that it's more effective than playing 18 holes of golf.

Your partisan slip is showing.....

"Ronald Reagan spent 484 days of his two-term presidency – almost a year and a half – at Rancho del Cielo, his 688-acre ranch in California. Worrying that Reagan was spending too much time there, and avoiding his presidential responsibilities, his aides called it “Rancho del Lazio.” (In Spanish, “lazio” means lazy.)

George H.W. Bush spent even longer – 543 days – in just four years at his family compound in Kennebunkport, Maine, where he frequently engaged in one-day sports “quintathalons:” a two-mile jog, two sets of tennis, a speedboat ride, 18 holes of golf, and a fishing expedition. When the first Gulf War began, Mr. Bush was blasted for golfing and boating while American troops were fighting in the Middle East.

Perhaps wary of incurring the same criticism as his father, George W. Bush gave up golf after the Iraq War started in 2003. “I just think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal,” Mr. Bush said.

Instead, he spent 490 days at his ranch in Crawford, Texas, where he donned cowboy boots and cleared brush. In 2005, he stayed at the ranch for a five-week stretch – the longest holiday for any president in 36 years. “He’s in it for the long haul,” joked comedian Jay Leno. “Not Iraq – his five-week vacation.”

-----------------

I assume Hank you had a huge problem with Obama's conservative predecessors doing pretty much the same thing? or is it a one-way street for you?

Last edited:

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

I believe that the word you were looking for is...coj?nes, but i agree with you.:yes:
P.S. I want to steal Obama's prayer rug!!!

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

"Ronald Reagan spent 484 days of his two-term presidency – almost a year and a half – at Rancho del Cielo, his 688-acre ranch in California. Worrying that Reagan was spending too much time there, and avoiding his presidential responsibilities, his aides called it “Rancho del Lazio.” (In Spanish, “lazio” means lazy.)

George H.W. Bush spent even longer – 543 days – in just four years at his family compound in Kennebunkport, Maine, where he frequently engaged in one-day sports “quintathalons:” a two-mile jog, two sets of tennis, a speedboat ride, 18 holes of golf, and a fishing expedition. When the first Gulf War began, Mr. Bush was blasted for golfing and boating while American troops were fighting in the Middle East.

Perhaps wary of incurring the same criticism as his father, George W. Bush gave up golf after the Iraq War started in 2003. “I just think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal,” Mr. Bush said.

Instead, he spent 490 days at his ranch in Crawford, Texas, where he donned cowboy boots and cleared brush. In 2005, he stayed at the ranch for a five-week stretch – the longest holiday for any president in 36 years. “He’s in it for the long haul,” joked comedian Jay Leno. “Not Iraq – his five-week vacation.”

-----------------

I assume Hank you had a huge problem with Obama's conservative predecessors doing pretty much the same thing? or is it a one-way street for you?

I would like to know what branch of the U.S. military(i'm assuming that it was the U.S. military) did you serve in?:confused:

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

"Ronald Reagan spent 484 days of his two-term presidency ? almost a year and a half ? at Rancho del Cielo, his 688-acre ranch in California. Worrying that Reagan was spending too much time there, and avoiding his presidential responsibilities, his aides called it ?Rancho del Lazio.? (In Spanish, ?lazio? means lazy.)

George H.W. Bush spent even longer ? 543 days ? in just four years at his family compound in Kennebunkport, Maine, where he frequently engaged in one-day sports ?quintathalons:? a two-mile jog, two sets of tennis, a speedboat ride, 18 holes of golf, and a fishing expedition. When the first Gulf War began, Mr. Bush was blasted for golfing and boating while American troops were fighting in the Middle East.

Perhaps wary of incurring the same criticism as his father, George W. Bush gave up golf after the Iraq War started in 2003. ?I just think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal,? Mr. Bush said.

Instead, he spent 490 days at his ranch in Crawford, Texas, where he donned cowboy boots and cleared brush. In 2005, he stayed at the ranch for a five-week stretch ? the longest holiday for any president in 36 years. ?He?s in it for the long haul,? joked comedian Jay Leno. ?Not Iraq ? his five-week vacation.?

-----------------

This isn't about Reagan, Bush 41 or Bush 43. It's about a U S President being so callous as to barely take a break from his game of golf when an American citizen was murdered by terrorists.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk v3.2.1 - you know, the version BEFORE they borked it up.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site

-----------------

Your ignorance is showing. These presidents stayed on THIER property and worked. obama has to RENT places to stay, on YOUR DIME, I might add.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Friendly reminder folks.........
[INFO]
P.U.P.P.A.H
(Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)

• Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
  • Be understanding and patient. You may be a power user or developer, but the person you?re talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if you?re posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).
  • Be a pro. Don?t get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you don?t have anything nice to say, don?t say anything at all. In a nutshell, ?think before you post?.
  • Be attentive and helpful. Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a members? problem.
[/INFO]

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Your ignorance is showing. These presidents stayed on THIER property and worked. obama has to RENT places to stay, on YOUR DIME, I might add.

"Presidents pay for their own and their families’ lodging, food and incidentals while on vacation, which may be why they generally prefer to stay at properties they own, as guests of wealthy friends or at the official presidential retreat at Camp David.

But since presidential vacations are always working vacations, taxpayers cover what it takes to keep the commander in chief working. Lodging and meals are an extra cost, but taxpayers pay the salaries of White House staffers and Secret Service agents whether the president stays in Washington or not, so a presidential vacation does not significantly increase personnel costs.

The biggest additional expense is the use of Air Force One and the support aircraft needed to haul all the equipment and ground transportation the president needs. The Congressional Research Service estimated that the cost of operating Air Force One is nearly $180,000 per hour. Ultimately, a presidential vacation can cost taxpayers an additional $1 million or considerably more than if the president had just stayed put in the White House. How significant this is within a $3.5 trillion federal budget is something voters can decide for themselves."

Pretty sure Bush didn't drive to Crawford Texas... he went on A1.

We do not pay Obama's rent.

----------

Are you a controller? If so, what facility? I am retired, worked at MKG ATCT and ZID.

Last edited:

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
This isn't about Reagan, Bush 41 or Bush 43. It's about a U S President being so callous as to barely take a break from his game of golf when an American citizen was murdered by terrorists.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk v3.2.1 - you know, the version BEFORE they borked it up.

So... It was OK for Bush to be clearing brush on his personal property while our troops are getting killed in Iraq?

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

NO... its about cherry picking which president you get peeved at when they all do the same thing. Thats what it exactly is.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
"Presidents pay for their own and their families? lodging, food and incidentals while on vacation, which may be why they generally prefer to stay at properties they own, as guests of wealthy friends or at the official presidential retreat at Camp David.

But since presidential vacations are always working vacations, taxpayers cover what it takes to keep the commander in chief working. Lodging and meals are an extra cost, but taxpayers pay the salaries of White House staffers and Secret Service agents whether the president stays in Washington or not, so a presidential vacation does not significantly increase personnel costs.

The biggest additional expense is the use of Air Force One and the support aircraft needed to haul all the equipment and ground transportation the president needs. The Congressional Research Service estimated that the cost of operating Air Force One is nearly $180,000 per hour. Ultimately, a presidential vacation can cost taxpayers an additional $1 million or considerably more than if the president had just stayed put in the White House. How significant this is within a $3.5 trillion federal budget is something voters can decide for themselves."

Pretty sure Bush didn't drive to Crawford Texas... he went on A1.

We do not pay Obama's rent.

----------

Are you a controller? If so, what facility? I am retired, worked at MKG ATCT and ZID.
I like that bold font. I wish TapaTalk would use it.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
@kilofoxtrot- I can see that you like to run down this country, but i will ask you again...What branch of the U.S. military, or any military, did you serve in?:confused:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative