Flozell, but not Netanyahu?

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Worshipping gods is futile and is nothing more than an ancient primitive custom practiced by weak minded and superstitious people. It has no place in the 21st century. The reason we have life in this world is to experience life in this world, not to spend our entire lives studying an old book, looking up to the sky and worshipping an invisible ruler in another realm.
The main method by which Christians in particular are trapped and deceived is with the messiah or saviour story. This is linked to the 'original sin' story which is designed to impose a large amount of guilt onto the whole of humanity. The believers are then so grateful that they have been saved by the son of God nearly 2000 years before they were born that in some cases they abandon all reason, logic and good judgment to obey and worship this god and his son.
Anyone who believes this story is indeed lost because to believe that a god would send his only son to help us, only to see his son get tortured and murdered, and then instead of unleashing all his wrath, simply absolve us from all crimes past and present, is pure madness to say the least.
Where is the lesson for us in that? What has been achieved? There is no lesson or purpose because it's all about mass psychological enslavement and disempowerment.
The so called god that we are expected to worship is undoubtedly just a dictator strawman concocted by the religious elites for the purpose of controlling the masses ...

You know what's laughable about your reply, and your train of thought in general? You think by being a tiny speck in this universe that you, and other "intelligent" beings on this plant, are able to dictate whether something is there or isn't there. You insult those who worship a god and study an old book, yet you cling so much to another form of thinking also created by humans, science. It's so funny to me how sure you think you are, and how arrogant you come across trying to make your futile point. Humans do not dictate what goes on this universe, we only speculate. Don't give so much credit to our species.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
You know what's laughable about your reply, and your train of thought in general? You think by being a tiny speck in this universe that you, and other "intelligent" beings on this plant, are able to dictate whether something is there or isn't there. You insult those who worship a god and study an old book, yet you cling so much to another form of thinking also created by humans, science. It's so funny to me how sure you think you are, and how arrogant you come across trying to make your futile point. Humans do not dictate what goes on this universe, we only speculate. Don't give so much credit to our species.

They hate us, because they ain't us ...

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
You know what's laughable about your reply, and your train of thought in general? You think by being a tiny speck in this universe that you, and other "intelligent" beings on this plant, are able to dictate whether something is there or isn't there.

That's ironic because that's the same attitude the opposing side has. Just call a spade a spade.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
We could go on all day and accuse each other of the same things here. This is why it's unfortunate that political topics morph into the discussion of religion. Just brings everyone at a standstill.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
What an ignorant comment. Full of arrogance too. I consider myself an atheist and comments like yours make us look bad.

What is an Atheist?
An atheist is anyone who doesn't happen to believe in any gods, no matter what their reasons or how they approach the question of whether any gods exist. This is a very simple concept, but it's also widely misunderstood. For that reason, there are a variety of ways to state this. Atheism is: the lack of belief in gods, the absence of belief in gods, disbelief in gods, not believing in gods.

No, what's laughable is claiming to consider yourself an atheist yet all you've done is try to discredit and disparage me. If you were even remotely an atheist,then you would be supporting my stance, because that would be your own feelings as well. Instead it would seem that you felt that lying about being an Atheist would somehow give creditability to the gibberish that you're spewing i.e. ... "Hey look everybody I'm an Atheist, and I can't stand the guy either"!... Sound familiar?
Yes I believe in science. The difference between science and religion is that the former is always willing to reconsider any of its theories, laws and rules. The catch is that the longer a theory is supported by evidence, the stronger the evidence must be to disprove it.
Ask any religious person whether they would accept any evidence disproving the existence of his/her god(s) and the answer will always be "No."
The basis of any religion is that you must believe something someone else tells you is true, even though your mind tells you it is false and it makes no sense to you. Religious beliefs require you to "simplify" your point of view in order to have "childlike faith".The mortal enemy of faith is knowledge, and science encourages knowledge.
As far as studying that old book of fiction the Bible, where often entire verses, stories, and anecdotes were falsified for the sake of making a point.The Bible has often been used to explain the unexplainable. The Greeks used Poseidon in a similar fashion to explain how earthquakes happen, which we now know is due to the movement of tectonic plates to relieve pressure. Even the concept of the "holy trinity" is a fabrication created not by any god, but for political reasons by a zealot named Theophilus of of Antioch in 412 AD. One could spend decades exploiting all of the plot holes, inconsistencies and illogical and impossible things.
As far as offending someone about their religion, well according to some estimates, there are roughly 4,200 religions in the world, that makes pretty good odds that I would offend somebody no matter what I said ...

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
What is an Atheist?
An atheist is anyone who doesn't happen to believe in any gods, no matter what their reasons or how they approach the question of whether any gods exist. This is a very simple concept, but it's also widely misunderstood. For that reason, there are a variety of ways to state this. Atheism is: the lack of belief in gods, the absence of belief in gods, disbelief in gods, not believing in gods.

No, what's laughable is claiming to consider yourself an atheist yet all you've done is try to discredit and disparage me. If you were even remotely an atheist,then you would be supporting my stance, because that would be your own feelings as well. Instead it would seem that you felt that lying about being an Atheist would somehow give creditability to the gibberish that you're spewing i.e. ... "Hey look everybody I'm an Atheist, and I can't stand the guy either"!... Sound familiar?
Yes I believe in science. The difference between science and religion is that the former is always willing to reconsider any of its theories, laws and rules. The catch is that the longer a theory is supported by evidence, the stronger the evidence must be to disprove it.
Ask any religious person whether they would accept any evidence disproving the existence of his/her god(s) and the answer will always be "No."
The basis of any religion is that you must believe something someone else tells you is true, even though your mind tells you it is false and it makes no sense to you. Religious beliefs require you to "simplify" your point of view in order to have "childlike faith".The mortal enemy of faith is knowledge, and science encourages knowledge.
As far as studying that old book of fiction the Bible, where often entire verses, stories, and anecdotes were falsified for the sake of making a point.The Bible has often been used to explain the unexplainable. The Greeks used Poseidon in a similar fashion to explain how earthquakes happen, which we now know is due to the movement of tectonic plates to relieve pressure. Even the concept of the "holy trinity" is a fabrication created not by any god, but for political reasons by a zealot named Theophilus of of Antioch in 412 AD. One could spend decades exploiting all of the plot holes, inconsistencies and illogical and impossible things.
As far as offending someone about their religion, well according to some estimates, there are roughly 4,200 religions in the world, that makes pretty good odds that I would offend somebody no matter what I said ...

This thread has gone way off topic, and I don't want to be the one who contributes to its derailment. So I will leave with just this.

The best advice I can give you is to remove that bag from your head and explore the real world, not the one you make for yourself. Immerse yourself in a different culture for a period of time. Open your mind to what others do and believe. The real world is not black and white. What you may believe may not be correct, it is only what you can fathom. It would do you some good. I guarantee it. Best of luck.

Last edited:

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
This thread has gone way off topic, and I don't want to be the one who contributes to its derailment. So I will leave with just this.

The best advice I can give you is to remove that bag from your head and explore the real world, not the one you make for yourself. Immerse yourself in a different culture for a period of time. Open your mind to what others do and believe. The real world is not black and white. What you may believe may not be correct, it is only what you can fathom. It would do you some good. I guarantee it. Best of luck.

Play to the crowd much?...