Flozell, but not Netanyahu?

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
This is what happens when you elect a weak willed person tp [pwer just because of their skin color. And also, he's too much of a baby to go up to Isreal and tell them where to shove it. You can't let people take advantage of us, the 2nd most powerful country in the world.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
And yes he should meet with Netanyahu regardless of how he got to our country.

Why??? .... so he can spit in Obama's face just like he did in Bush's face?

"Both Smith and Wallace, in expressing outrage at Netanyahu, pointed out that the Israeli leader had defied President George W. Bush's demand that Israel cease settlement growth in the West Bank, and had resisted Bush's efforts at an Israel-Palestine peace deal. The issue, for them, was not principally one of partisan politics, but of this ostensible ally repeatedly mistreating the United States and its president, regardless of political party."

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
If he's not going to cooperate, I think we should start bringing half the navy and air force with us to negotiations. Irrationality doesn't answer to rationality.

palandri

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I can believe that Mr. Obama's quotes in the book were altered to fit a particular political agenda. It happens on both sides of the fence, especially if the media is on board.....

Anyone, right, left or middle, who fabricates (lies) a quote like the one in the picture that Keith posted will lose 100% of my respect. I have -0- respect for anyone who lies.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Let's refrain from posting internet memes as sources and factually incorrect ones at that. It reminds me of my grandmother posting Obama memes with swastikas all over him or him photoshopped to look like a demon. Anyway, the Constitution provides each branch with basically equal power in foreign affairs and historically they always bash heads. During the Reagan presidency(since people here seem to respect him more/believe him to be some sort of conservative god), House Speaker Jim Wright meddled with the Sandinista government/Contra negotiations and Reagan was pretty pissed off about that. Nothing ever came of that despite the N.S.C. wanting to use the Logan Act to make Wright stfu. However just like your sons and daughters need to let both parents know wtf is going on, it is the same here. It is an act of disrespect if you don't. It is an act of disrespect in regards to home life and everywhere. Hell, I was even watching a Fox segment that said as much. The President is the one that is granted the power to make treaties, not Congress. With all this talk of unconstitutionality, I would think Rep. Boehner would be respectful of the Executive Branch's traditional power.

These conservative, evangelical christians frothing at the mouth screaming "support israel, it is god's chosen people" is worrisome. In case people have forgotten, Saudi Arabia is one of our main allies in the middle east. Despite being a terrible country, it would be kind of bad if we let relations fall through with them which is why, in my mind, Obama went to pay his respects; you know, because part of his office is upholding treaties.

Also, in regards to the rally in Paris, I don't seem to recall conservatives rallying behind France for having the freedom and balls to say "No" when Bush wanted to invade Iraq(BTW, Saudi Arabia was part of the Coalition of the Willing, remember that fantastic term?). In my opinion, with all those countries participating in genocides of their own, it was a farce. However, just like the majority of the republican rhetoric nowadays is to do the opposite of whatever Obama wants, it is the same here. To find little faults and blow them way out of proportion. I guess it says loads that they have no choice but to focus on such a small issue. The Executive Branch has been trying to get Iran and Israel to calm the **** down for awhile now and just like you don't want to accidentally show favoritism when mediating an argument between friends, it is the same here. Middle East relations is a mine field of catastrophe waiting to happen. One wrong step and bad **** happens. There is literally nothing Boehner wants that I can see other than to snub Obama and to undo peace talks. War is not always the answer people. I would have thought he would have learned his answer by now after the fall of Saddam and the rise of ISIL but nope.

Why the hell are they always pushing for war?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
These conservative, evangelical christians frothing at the mouth screaming "support israel, it is god's chosen people" is worrisome.
Why?...

Also, in regards to the rally in Paris, I don't seem to recall conservatives rallying behind France for having the freedom and balls to say "No" when Bush wanted to invade Iraq
Could it be because they disagreed with France's stance? ...
However, just like the majority of the republican rhetoric nowadays is to do the opposite of whatever Obama wants, it is the same here. To find little faults and blow them way out of proportion.
Now you're being ignorant of why many conservatives oppose BHO, and it has nothing to do with rhetoric. ...
The Executive Branch has been trying to get Iran and Israel to calm the **** down for awhile now and just like you don't want to accidentally show favoritism when mediating an argument between friends, it is the same here. Middle East relations is a mine field of catastrophe waiting to happen. One wrong step and bad **** happens.
What wrong step did the victims of the France incident take that caused them to be murdered? ....

Why the hell are they always pushing for war?
Why the heck are "they" always the last to recognize a real threat? Fellow citizens with opposing views are not "real" threats, by the way...:)

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Because the majority are evangelical christians. Any world leader that is seen to go against Israel is automatically the anti-christ even if there has yet to be a peace treaty enacted(i.e. Revelation). This goes back to the other topic; this is a where it is a war of religions. The people representing the United States are dripping with prophetic non-sense. If you want protect the Palestinians from getting shafted anymore you are a "Muslim lover." This is ridiculous. Dogma shapes our foreign policy. In my opinion, Israel has every right to exist as a free nation but it doesn't have a right to be huge dicks to everyone else. Fine protect yourself but for ****s sake, stop giving your enemies fuel for their hatred.

In the end it was all about freedom though and not allowing violence or bigoted thinking oppress that freedom.

Then they need to do a better job at showing us what they stand for then. All I see is a temper tantrum that cost the gov't billions of dollars, opposition of anything that even remotely helps the people and support for a pipeline that according to most recent estimates will give 35 permanent jobs and a whole **** load of money to the Koch brothers and environmental disasters. There are no coherent plans to do anything so until I hear anything, I will take look at the Republicans in the Legislature to see what the republican message is. So far it is horrendous. As for Joni Ernst, all I heard was a bunch of bread bags and blaming Obama and not any actual plans. I guess it is something that republicans finally see the wealth inequality as an issue, so we got that going for us, which is nice.

That part was not in regards to the disaster in France; it was in regards to Israel and Iran.

We have seen what war does. America still has not learned. "Threat" is the rhetoric of the war hungry. There was a threat of nuclear bombs in Iraq despite ZERO evidence and France had the balls to call that out and then after trillions of dollars, thousands of military killed and innocent civilians killed a new threat took its place arguably worse than Saddam. There is a threat of nuclear material in Iran, so I guess the question is, how does America make this worse? We already installed the Iranian government and now all this time later, we are having to deal with it. Not to mention the Afghani government.

Foreign policy is more than just, "Oh hey, I like you. Why don't you come on over to 'Murica and we can have some brews. I don't like the other guy so I am going to make it seem like he doesn't like Israel." It is irresponsible to use the Israel/Iran/Palestinian crap to snub the other guy when so much is on the line, not to mention innocent lives. Can some one honestly tell me what Rep. Boehner wants out of this other than to snub the President? I honestly don't get how people are blaming the President for not knowing the damn Israeli Prime Minister was coming because Rep. Boehner privately invited him and Netanyahu didn't tell him either. That they cannot see that playing favoritism when they are in the midst of peace talks is a bad thing? Would you all come crawling to speak with someone who didn't make it known they were on their way and was invited by your significant other who also didn't tell you anything? This is honestly like how my younger sister invited my younger brother to go do things and didn't invite me just to get back at me when we were younger. It is that immature.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Because the majority are evangelical christians. Any world leader that is seen to go against Israel is automatically the anti-christ even if there has yet to be a peace treaty enacted(i.e. Revelation). This goes back to the other topic; this is a where it is a war of religions. The people representing the United States are dripping with prophetic non-sense. If you want protect the Palestinians from getting shafted anymore you are a "Muslim lover." This is ridiculous. Dogma shapes our foreign policy. In my opinion, Israel has every right to exist as a free nation but it doesn't have a right to be huge dicks to everyone else. Fine protect yourself but for ****s sake, stop giving your enemies fuel for their hatred.

In the end it was all about freedom though and not allowing violence or bigoted thinking oppress that freedom.

Then they need to do a better job at showing us what they stand for then. All I see is a temper tantrum that cost the gov't billions of dollars, opposition of anything that even remotely helps the people and support for a pipeline that according to most recent estimates will give 35 permanent jobs and a whole **** load of money to the Koch brothers and environmental disasters. There are no coherent plans to do anything so until I hear anything, I will take look at the Republicans in the Legislature to see what the republican message is. So far it is horrendous. As for Joni Ernst, all I heard was a bunch of bread bags and blaming Obama and not any actual plans. I guess it is something that republicans finally see the wealth inequality as an issue, so we got that going for us, which is nice.

That part was not in regards to the disaster in France; it was in regards to Israel and Iran.

We have seen what war does. America still has not learned. "Threat" is the rhetoric of the war hungry. There was a threat of nuclear bombs in Iraq despite ZERO evidence and France had the balls to call that out and then after trillions of dollars, thousands of military killed and innocent civilians killed a new threat took its place arguably worse than Saddam. There is a threat of nuclear material in Iran, so I guess the question is, how does America make this worse? We already installed the Iranian government and now all this time later, we are having to deal with it. Not to mention the Afghani government.

Foreign policy is more than just, "Oh hey, I like you. Why don't you come on over to 'Murica and we can have some brews. I don't like the other guy so I am going to make it seem like he doesn't like Israel." It is irresponsible to use the Israel/Iran/Palestinian crap to snub the other guy when so much is on the line, not to mention innocent lives. Can some one honestly tell me what Rep. Boehner wants out of this other than to snub the President? I honestly don't get how people are blaming the President for not knowing the damn Israeli Prime Minister was coming because Rep. Boehner privately invited him and Netanyahu didn't tell him either. That they cannot see that playing favoritism when they are in the midst of peace talks is a bad thing? Would you all come crawling to speak with someone who didn't make it known they were on their way and was invited by your significant other who also didn't tell you anything? This is honestly like how my younger sister invited my younger brother to go do things and didn't invite me just to get back at me when we were younger. It is that immature.

Oh I see. You appear to be under the following impression:

1. America is hated because they did something to initiate that hatred.
2. The terrorists' quest to rid the world of infidels is not based on their religion.
3. If us evil hate-filled Christians would just shut up, the world would be such a peaceful place.
4. If Israel would just not exist, everyone would be happy.
5. BHO is the greatest, smartest and most endearing leader this world has ever known, and only hate-filled racists are blind to it.

Does that about sum it up?...;)

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Anything's possible, but that is not the context in which the OP presented his question. ;)

The context of the OP's question is an inferred criticism of Obama .... and I have yet to see any conservative in this thread admonish Bohner for what he did behind Obama's back. Not one of you.......

But that is how it goes in partisan politics. Eh?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The context of the OP's question is an inferred criticism of Obama .... and I have yet to see any conservative in this thread admonish Bohner for what he did behind Obama's back. Not one of you.......

But that is how it goes in partisan politics. Eh?

First, let's be clear that Boehner is not high on the list of Conservatives' favorites. Secondly, if you're referring to him privately inviting PM Netanyahu to address Congress and arguably snubbing BHO, let me say that I'm not a fan of our elected leaders doing things like that. Having said that, I'm also not a fan of seeing the face of our nation snub Congress because he arguably does not want anyone questioning his motives or exposing the fallacies associated them. I'm also not a fan of the face of our nation arguably snubbing and not taking serious the concerns of the face of our most trusted ally.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
First, let's be clear that Boehner is not high on the list of Conservatives' favorites. Secondly, if you're referring to him privately inviting PM Netanyahu to address Congress and arguably snubbing BHO, let me say that I'm not a fan of our elected leaders doing things like that. Having said that, I'm also not a fan of seeing the face of our nation snub Congress because he arguably does not want anyone questioning his motives or exposing the fallacies associated them. I'm also not a fan of the face of our nation arguably snubbing and not taking serious the concerns of the face of our most trusted ally.

Netanyahu has openly defied Bush and Obama, I guess its a one way street. Why?? ..... saying Israel is "our most trusted ally" is a disrespect to Britain in so many ways... its frankly laughable.

But when one blends religion with government.... then I can see why one would think so.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Netanyahu has openly defied Bush and Obama, I guess its a one way street. Why??
Defy? Openly disagreeing is not the same as openly defying.
..saying Israel is "our most trusted ally" is a disrespect to Britain in so many ways... its frankly laughable.
I don't have a problem with you or anyone else who sees Britain as America's most trusted ally nor do I think it's "laughable". I simply see it for what it is....an opinion...;)

But when one blends religion with government.... then I can see why one would think so.
Here's a bit of truth that you will probably have a problem with, but it's still the truth nonetheless. Religion, in one form or another, will always play a role in one's life, both privately and in government. Furthermore, don't kid yourself into believing that "secularism" isn't a form of religion. In fact, those who practice secularism often despises all other religions, especially those that mandate personal accountability in regard to things that are universally & historically viewed as right or wrong.

Last edited: