Flozell, but not Netanyahu?

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
So Obama will meet with Flozell, but not with Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu on his U.S. visit. What's up with that?
Opinions?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
He'll go to Saudi Arabia on a side trip on the way to/from India to pay respects on the passing of the King... when Maggie Thatcher passed away?? He didn't go pay any respects for that...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Makes one wonder.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Really? You have to wonder when it comes to what Obama does or does not do? He usually tells us why. Like him not going to France in support of Free Speech and Je Suis Charlie. He told us here:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422122614.516759.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

palandri

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Really? You have to wonder when it comes to what Obama does or does not do? He usually tells us why. Like him not going to France in support of Free Speech and Je Suis Charlie. He told us here:

You're as misinformed as Fox News.

This statement is a rewording of a passage from page 261 of The Audacity of Hope, in which Barack Obama spoke of the importance of not allowing inflamed public opinion to result in innocent members of immigrant groups being stripped of their rights, denied their due as American citizens, or placed into confinement, as was done with Japanese-Americans during World War II. The original contains no specific mention of "Muslims":

Here's what he actually said:

In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific reassurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.

From snopes

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
He'll go to Saudi Arabia on a side trip on the way to/from India to pay respects on the passing of the King... when Maggie Thatcher passed away?? He didn't go pay any respects for that...

Bush skipped Ford's state funeral and he didnt even have to leave the country to attend.

It would appear both parties are guilty.

But..... thats not what you want to hear is it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So Obama will meet with Flozell, but not with Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu on his U.S. visit. What's up with that?
Opinions?

I am so glad you brought this up........ from the fair and balanced network, Fox News

http://youtu.be/eHWbqwh4PB0

"Fox News is not exactly known as an ally of the Obama administration, especially when it comes to disputes between Obama and House Speaker John Boehner, or disputes between Obama and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

Yet two prominent Fox News hosts, Chris Wallace and Shepherd Smith, harshly criticized Boehner and Netanyahu on Friday for secretly arranging a Netanyahu speech to Congress that is transparently aimed at undermining President Obama, and set up without the White House's knowledge.

The White House, State Department, and many foreign policy observers, including prominent former US ambassador to Israel Martin Indyk, expressed outrage over the move. And, in a sign of just how many lines Boehner and Netanyahu crossed, so did Fox News hosts Chris Wallace and Shepherd Smith."

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I am so glad you brought this up........ from the fair and balanced network, Fox News

"Fox News is not exactly known as an ally of the Obama administration, especially when it comes to disputes between Obama and House Speaker John Boehner, or disputes between Obama and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

Yet two prominent Fox News hosts, Chris Wallace and Shepherd Smith, harshly criticized Boehner and Netanyahu on Friday for secretly arranging a Netanyahu speech to Congress that is transparently aimed at undermining President Obama, and set up without the White House's knowledge.

The White House, State Department, and many foreign policy observers, including prominent former US ambassador to Israel Martin Indyk, expressed outrage over the move. And, in a sign of just how many lines Boehner and Netanyahu crossed, so did Fox News hosts Chris Wallace and Shepherd Smith."

It doesn't matter. He should still meet with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site

You know FOX NEWS is just another liberal apologist news channel. HUH Keith? ...

Engire

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I can believe that Mr. Obama's quotes in the book were altered to fit a particular political agenda. It happens on both sides of the fence, especially if the media is on board. That being said I don't like the mans politics and vision of how the world should be. The interview with the green lipped woman was nothing more than a well publicized PR stunt geared to show he is in touch with the little folks. Very similar to a king setting down with a serf in a public area so all can see the human side of a ruler. In fact didn't he say he would be ready to "Rule" on day one? Has he forgotten that the P.O.T.U.S. "Serves" the people of the United States of America? I think we all knew what to expect from his leadership but were afraid to say it for fear of our opinion being confused with racism.

And yes he should meet with Netanyahu regardless of how he got to our country. After all he did have an illegal alien (Dreamer) as a honored guest at the state of the union address.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I can believe that Mr. Obama's quotes in the book were altered to fit a particular political agenda. It happens on both sides of the fence, especially if the media is on board. That being said I don't like the mans politics and vision of how the world should be. The interview with the green lipped woman was nothing more than a well publicized PR stunt geared to show he is in touch with the little folks. Very similar to a king setting down with a serf in a public area so all can see the human side of a ruler. In fact didn't he say he would be ready to "Rule" on day one? Has he forgotten that the P.O.T.U.S. "Serves" the people of the United States of America? I think we all knew what to expect from his leadership but were afraid to say it for fear of our opinion being confused with racism.

And yes he should meet with Netanyahu regardless of how he got to our country. After all he did have an illegal alien (Dreamer) as a honored guest at the state of the union address.

The "stand with Muslims" quote was in reference to the Arab and Pakistani. He never said "Muslims". But that's beside the point anyway.

Engire

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
The "stand with Muslims" quote was in reference to the Arab and Pakistani. He never said "Muslims". But that's beside the point anyway.

I hope you don't think my first sentence was directed at you, I rather liked you earlier post.