The Massacre in Paris

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
They, should be denouncing the teachings of a radical faction of Islam. It's every Muslim's responsibility to denounce the actions of whackos?

Is it every Christians responsibility to denounce whackos too?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Is it every Christians responsibility to denounce whackos too?

Yes. Most Christians and myself included do all the time. We denounce whackos like the church Sean mentioned. I even think a lot of tea party members are too radical and say stupid things.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
That's absolutely right! Because if we don't denounce evil acts by those who claim to be part of our religion, how will people know what our religion stands for?

By definition radical Muslims are Muslims their methods are just too extreme for the modern world.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

I personally don't find any major media outlet credible...but I find it funny that you'd qualify something so specific as to be outraged by the idea of someone sourcing Fox News, as if you feel there is a better news source. Care to share where you gather your "fair and balanced" information? Because people who attack Fox News or CNN so specifically usually naively dance on the opposite sides of the fence.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Disgusting acts committed by radicals. The real question boils down to this though...in our world of picking and choosing which parts of a religion you deem worthy of representing, what do true fundamentalists represent?

It would seem in our modern society, it's easy to look at Islam and stereotype because amongst the violent religious sects, Islam is right in your face consistently, and it also brings with it a very vaguely understood set of practices to the western world.

A good example of radical Christian fundamentalists would be Westboro Baptist Church. They tend to be less violent, and more offensive...but the response is absolutely defined...they are considered outcasts, radicals and nut jobs. I like to think that the same can be said about the sects of the Islamic faith, and that people view them similarly...but over the years, I have seen some contrary attitudes from people who I would normally view as pretty "level headed" in terms of morality to your fellow man, regardless of religious belief. Instead of showing disdain towards such actions, they simply isolate themselves from such and say they would never do that...indicating to me that they don't necessarily see it as something "wrong", but as something they wouldn't or couldn't do independently.

But at the end of the day...there are radical groups in every religion. Even Buddhists, long considered to be the most peaceful of religious lifestyles, have their groups...

A Coordinated Extremist Buddhist Network Is Sowing Hatred Across Asia

Prejudice is a nasty thing...unfortunately there's plenty of fuel to perpetuate the action.

Probably your best post ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I agree. Having said that, do you, as a Muslim, view what happened in France as a bad thing, and if so, would your view be received positively by those who follow the Koran to the letter?

Why would you expect anyone to care what a radical thinks of them? Not a fair question at all. It implies responsibility by the normal person for the radical. Substitute your religion (if you have one not presuming here) and ask yourself the same question. It won't feel right.

Just like hydrogen's list of attacks and he called them Muslims instead of just radicals- even better terrorists. The White House calls them terrorists Hydrogen why are you calling them Muslims. And Just'm why are you trying to affiliate them?

All religions have wackos throughout history. We don't need to create a list and associate the faith's to them. It's just not right.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Why would you expect anyone to care what a radical thinks of them? Not a fair question at all. It implies responsibility by the normal person for the radical. Substitute your religion (if you have one not presuming here) and ask yourself the same question. It won't feel right.

Just like hydrogen's list of attacks and he called them Muslims instead of just radicals- even better terrorists. The White House calls them terrorists Hydrogen why are you calling them Muslims. And Just'm why are you trying to affiliate them?

All religions have wackos throughout history. We don't need to create a list and associate the faith's to them. It's just not right.

Where have I attacked anyone? Read Post #17. President Obama has pointedly refused to use the phrase "radical Islam." There bending over backwards not to use the "radical Islam" label. Call it what it is a "radical fraction of the Islamic religion".

Why would I "associate with, unite with, combine with, join (up) with," Radical Islamic terrorist."

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Why would you expect anyone to care what a radical thinks of them?
To be frank, it's none of "your" business.
Not a fair question at all.
The question was neither fair or unfair because I didn't have any hidden agenda behind asking it.
It implies responsibility by the normal person for the radical. Substitute your religion (if you have one not presuming here) and ask yourself the same question. It won't feel right.
Bullcrap! It is not a problem for me to say that deliberately killing people who had no intent of harming anyone is wrong. Period. Furthermore, I don't care what anyone else thinks.

Just like hydrogen's list of attacks and he called them Muslims instead of just radicals
Oh, I see. You're one of the people who are afraid of honesty. Were those "radicals" of the Muslim faith? Did those "radicals" commit an act of terrorism?
even better terrorists. The White House calls them terrorists Hydrogen why are you calling them Muslims.
I know I don't have to speak for Hydrogen, but I assume he is calling them Muslims because that is what they are.
And Just'm why are you trying to affiliate them?
I am trying to do no such thing. Re-read my reply to the OP, but this time, read it as-is and not in the manner you're trying to spin it.

By saying that all religions have wackos, aren't YOU implying that the "radicals" were religious and thus giving credence to them being Muslim terrorists? Let me answer that for you ..... Yep!

Last edited:

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I was horrified yesterday when driving through Tallahassee Florida there were multiple Muslim women walking on the sidewalk in full garb. Come on, is this the thirteenth century? And their husbands were dressed regularly. Why isn't amnesty international whining about the wife abuse there? Now before anyone says that Amish do the same thing, there are two big differences: 1. The men dress like they came from the Middle Ages too. 2. They are extremely peaceful people, wouldn't hurt anyone, and generally would help anyone with anything. And their life isn't in danger if they want to leave, unlike Muslims.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I was horrified yesterday when driving through Tallahassee Florida there were multiple Muslim women walking on the sidewalk in full garb. Come on, is this the thirteenth century? And their husbands were dressed regularly. Why isn't amnesty international whining about the wife abuse there? Now before anyone says that Amish do the same thing, there are two big differences: 1. The men dress like they came from the Middle Ages too. 2. They are extremely peaceful people, wouldn't hurt anyone, and generally would help anyone with anything. And their life isn't in danger if they want to leave, unlike Muslims.

Are you assuming that the people you saw are capable of hurting people based on nothing but their clothing?