What "poor" are we talking about here? The honest, hard working people who just can't seem to get ahead, even though they try? Or, the sit at home, won't even look for a job, but let the Govt. take care of them, kind. The third or fourth generation "poor", who sit at home and watch their t.v., and talk on their free Govt. phone? How about using food stamps to buy beer and cigarettes. That "poor"?
    Grunt... whats the difference between a "poor" person who gets a free Govt phone and a farmer who gets a government subsidy and drives a $40,000+ pickup truck?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    01-22-2015 01:42 PM
    Grunt... whats the difference between a "poor" person who gets a free Govt phone and a farmer who gets a government subsidy and drives a $40,000+ pickup truck?

Not much. Still a "redistribution of wealth." Both are wrong.
    01-22-2015 01:46 PM
    It doesn't matter if I'm okay with it or not. It is what it is. Far too many people spend a good deal of time focusing on what the haves have in comparison to the have-nots with a skewed view. They don't want to hear the truth about why *many* of the have-nots don't possess what the haves possess. They conclude that they should be able to have what the haves have, but *many* of them do not want to put in the work to get it. They complain to elected officials and activists who, with the help of the media, create stories and images that reflect the sentiments of those complaining. In other words, they exploit the complainers and character assassinate anyone who dares stand up and voice any common sense that exposes that exploitation or refutes their misconceptions. On the other hand, you have those who will gain wealth by exploiting the haves' reluctance to be viewed in a negative manner. Race pimps are good at this. Now, without making this a religious conversation, it is said that the poor will always be among us. If true, and thus far it is, then that also means that there will always be those who aren't poor. It also means that the pipe dream in regard to creating a society where "everyone" is equal is just that, a pipe dream.
    The Truth?? ... if I was a hedgefund manager I would be laughing behind your back, while saying at'ta boy to your face.

01-22-2015 01:46 PM
    Not much. Still a "redistribution of wealth." Both are wrong.
    Agreed... but for some reason, many conservatives only have a problem with the free phone.

01-22-2015 01:48 PM
    The Truth?? ... if I was a hedgefund manager I would be laughing behind your back, while saying at'ta boy to your face.

Where in my previous reply did I not tell the truth?
    01-22-2015 01:48 PM
    Where in my previous reply did I not tell the truth?
    Here's the truth... the poor getting a free ride is small potatoes compared to where the money is really going.

Making the poor a scapegoat for this nation's financial ills is a joke.
    Scatabrain likes this.
    01-22-2015 02:15 PM
    Here's the truth... the poor getting a free ride is small potatoes compared to where the money is really going.

Making the poor a scapegoat for this nation's financial ills is a joke.
    No, do not respond with things you know darn well I didn't state or imply. Answer my question as it was asked. Where in my previous reply did I not tell the truth? I did not mention or imply anything in regard to the poor getting a free ride nor did I state or imply anything in regard to making the poor a scapegoat, and you know it. If you dislike the things I said in my previous reply, fine. Say so. If you choose to substitute the word, "many" with "everyone", that's on you., but that doesn't make what I stated false.
    hydrogen3 and BreakingKayfabe like this.
    01-22-2015 02:58 PM
    No, do not respond with things you know darn well I didn't state or imply. Answer my question as it was asked. Where in my previous reply did I not tell the truth? I did not mention or imply anything in regard to the poor getting a free ride nor did I state or imply anything in regard to making the poor a scapegoat, and you know it. If you dislike the things I said in my previous reply, fine. Say so. If you choose to substitute the word, "many" with "everyone", that's on you., but that doesn't make what I stated false.
    Your asterisks surrounding "many" absolves you. My apologies. I stand corrected.
    01-22-2015 03:26 PM
    Your asterisks surrounding "many" absolves you. My apologies. I stand corrected.
    Thank you, sir.
    01-22-2015 03:28 PM
    Ha ha

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk
    01-22-2015 07:48 PM

It's more than the phone, and you know it. The farmer who gets the govt. subsidy is a WORKER. He'll be out in the fields planting and harvesting something else. The bozo who sits at home doesn't want to work. Why should he, when the govt. takes care of all his needs. That cycle has to be broken. It's been going on for too long, thanks to the Democrats.
    01-22-2015 08:00 PM
    It's more than the phone, and you know it. The farmer who gets the govt. subsidy is a WORKER. He'll be out in the fields planting and harvesting something else. The bozo who sits at home doesn't want to work. Why should he, when the govt. takes care of all his needs. That cycle has to be broken. It's been going on for too long, thanks to the Democrats.
    You're right... he deserves the 40k pickup that you and I paid for.
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    01-22-2015 09:10 PM
    You're right... he deserves the 40k pickup that you and I paid for.

Right, and the couch potato deserves all the beer he can drink, and all the cigarettes he can smoke. All thanks to food stamps. Kennedy Liberalism at it's finest.
    01-22-2015 09:32 PM
    Right, and the couch potato deserves all the beer he can drink, and all the cigarettes he can smoke. All thanks to food stamps. Kennedy Liberalism at it's finest.
    Ever have a problem seeing the forrest for the trees?
    01-22-2015 09:44 PM
    Ever have a problem seeing the forrest for the trees?

Forest is spelled with one "r".
    01-22-2015 09:51 PM
    I did that so you could be right about one thing at least.

(not really, but I had to have a comeback..... its the internet you know)
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    01-22-2015 09:59 PM
    I did that so you could be right about one thing at least.

(not really, but I had to have a comeback..... its the internet you know)
    Unless he meant to say forrest....
    01-23-2015 08:10 AM
    Unless he meant to say forrest....

As in Gump?
    01-23-2015 09:08 AM
    As in Gump?
    He had a forrest?
    01-23-2015 09:10 AM
    He had a forrest?

Yup, a Nathan Bedford Forrest. A double loser, who fought for the Confederacy, and started up the Ku Klux Klan.
    01-23-2015 09:16 AM
    Yup, a Nathan Bedford Forrest. A double loser, who fought for the Confederacy, and started up the Ku Klux Klan.
    Is that true

01-24-2015 09:03 AM
    Is that true

Look it up, yourself. That particularly nasty organization was founded in Pulaski, Tn., and they voted Forrest, their first president. I'm just guessing here, but probably, most of those idiots rode with Forrest during the Civil War. History is my passion.
    01-24-2015 09:45 AM
    [WARN]DO NOT make the debate personal. Discuss the topic, NOT the other members posting in the thread.[/WARN]
    01-24-2015 12:44 PM
    I am no expert in farm subsidies, but I was living in a very rural area in the late 70's when FL of the DFL was threatening to break off from the DFL. I went to a few Farmer–Labor Party meetings. I don't know how accurate this information is on farm subsidies, but I was told it wasn't the hard working family farmer getting the subsidies, rather it was the large agribusiness men that were. They would get paid not to plant crops to prevent the market from getting flooded produce and keeping the price up.
    01-24-2015 01:50 PM
199 ... 678