I said i was horrified that people living in the states would make their wives dress like they are from the thirteenth century. I never said I was horrified that there are Muslims close to home.

How can you say that the Koran isn't the root cause? If you look at pretty much every single Muslim country, they still follow the Koran to the T. They blame the women for being raped, often canning her in public, they cut thieve's hands off. They restrict and suppress women. You say the Koran isn't the root cause but the murders in Paris clearly were following it when they killed all those people. I would recommend that you read the book I posted. I'm not coming up with my view of Islam out of thin air. I'm getting it from a former professor at THE most prestigious Islamic university in the world, founded in 970. That's right, 970. He realized that to be true to his religion he had to practice jihad. Again, I'm not coming up with this stuff.

I can't fathom how you could be standing up for a religion that at the very least has been misinterpreted causing so much killing and suffering all through history and especially here in the last 20 years. Like Sean said, there are nut case Christians, but they are only offensive, not violent. But as the author of the book I pointed out says, and he knows more than any of us, it has not been misinterpreted.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk
    I am standing up for any religion. I already made analogies to other faiths and some of the outdated teachings that you discount or ignore so not going to repeat myself.

You're assuming that the clothing is a problem. Jews have similar rules. Do I understand it? No. But I am all for their right and don't judge things like that.

Terrorists are the problem period. I would be equally upset with them if they used JC as an excuse. Their evil is their failing. Not the faith the way all other Muslims practice.

That's the difference.

We are all aware of what acting against a whole culture out of fear and anger leads to. Don't let fear lead to a big mistake on our part.

Hydro thats why the WH chooses its language to focus on terrorism. Can you imagine how bad it would sound to so many Muslim's throughout the world if the WH said or implied in any way that it was their faith was helping terrorists? As a matter of fact if that did happen, and there was anger from other places in the world, don't you just bet that Faux News would be all over that saying how awful that was and yet another bad decision from the WH etc. etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-14-2015 06:57 PM
    I am standing up for any religion. I already made analogies to other faiths and some of the outdated teachings that you discount or ignore so not going to repeat myself.

You're assuming that the clothing is a problem. Jews have similar rules. Do I understand it? No. But I am all for their right and don't judge things like that.

Terrorists are the problem period. I would be equally upset with them if they used JC as an excuse. Their evil is their failing. Not the faith the way all other Muslims practice.

That's the difference.

We are all aware of what acting against a whole culture out of fear and anger leads to. Don't let fear lead to a big mistake on our part.

Hydro thats why the WH chooses its language to focus on terrorism. Can you imagine how bad it would sound to so many Muslim's throughout the world if the WH said or implied in any way that it was their faith was helping terrorists? As a matter of fact if that did happen, and there was anger from other places in the world, don't you just bet that Faux News would be all over that saying how awful that was and yet another bad decision from the WH etc. etc.

Again, read the book. I don't think you understand Islam or the Koran. I certainly don't understand everything there is to understand about either, but I know enough. Terrorism is definitely the problem, but what breeds it? What makes them think it's okay? What makes them think they'll get all those women in "heaven"?

Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-14-2015 07:07 PM
    Again, read the book. I don't think you understand Islam or the Koran. I certainly don't understand everything there is to understand about either, but I know enough. Terrorism is definitely the problem, but what breeds it? What makes them think it's okay? What makes them think they'll get all those women in "heaven"?

I am more interested asking - Why do only islamic terrorists interpret the text that way?

It's pretty obvious. There are terrorist leaders (men not any kind of scripture) teaching it to them. Like I have said, plenty have used the Bible as excuse to do terrible things. This is no different.

01-14-2015 07:41 PM
    I am more interested asking - Why do only islamic terrorists interpret the text that way?

It's pretty obvious. There are terrorist leaders (men not any kind of scripture) teaching it to them. Like I have said, plenty have used the Bible as excuse to do terrible things. This is no different.

Please read what a former teacher of Islamic history has to say on the matter. I trust him more than a liberal on an Internet forum.

01-14-2015 07:54 PM
    Like Sean said, there are nut case Christians, but they are only offensive, not violent.

Come on, man. Did you really just say this? How many abortion clinics have been bombed? How many abortion clinic doctors and nurses have been murdered? I don't have statistics, but can pretty much guarantee that most....probably all were done by Christians. I don't agree with giving all Muslims a pass, but Christians absolutely are a violent group as well.

01-14-2015 08:23 PM
    Come on, man. Did you really just say this? How many abortion clinics have been bombed? How many abortion clinic doctors and nurses have been murdered? I don't have statistics, but can pretty much guarantee that most....probably all were done by Christians. I don't agree with giving all Muslims a pass, but Christians absolutely are a violent group as well.

Example or news article?

01-14-2015 08:41 PM
    Example or news article?

Are you serious?

01-14-2015 08:43 PM
    I just want to make it clear that I never said radical Christian fundamentalists were non-violent...I said the Westboro Baptist Church people were more offensive, but not violent. There are so many examples of violent Christian faith based actions it's not even funny...especially if we delve into history.
    01-14-2015 09:17 PM
    Are you serious?

If these abortion bombings you talk about that supposedly were carried out by Christians happened, and it's documented that the person was a Christian and did it because of their religion, there should be news articles readily available. I want a source. Is that some foreign thought?

01-14-2015 09:19 PM
    I just want to make it clear that I never said radical Christian fundamentalists were non-violent...I said the Westboro Baptist Church people were more offensive, but not violent. There are so many examples of violent Christian faith based actions it's not even funny...especially if we delve into history.
    I do apologize for taking your words out of context. I could have worded what I was trying to convey better. There definitely have been cases where Christians have done horrible things, just as bad as Islamic terrorists. I was meaning to reference what you said about Westboro baptist church.

01-14-2015 09:27 PM
    Are you serious?

I do agree that Christians have been violent, but I seriously would like to see some news articles about these abortion clinic bombings.

01-14-2015 09:28 PM
    I'm going to bow out of this thread... I just learned that my sister most probably has cancer... That really takes the desire to debate and argue out of a person.

01-14-2015 09:31 PM
    There are so many examples of violent Christian faith based actions it's not even funny...especially if we delve into history.
    Examples: The Crusades (Beginning 1095), The Inquisition (Beginning 1184), Reformation (circa 1518), Witch Hunts (beginning circa 1480 in Europe), The Holocaust (beginning circa 1933), The Christian Identity Movement (circa 1915).
    ~ sources: Wikipedia & JaySays.com
    Les74 likes this.
    01-14-2015 09:33 PM

Christianity has one of the most violent histories. The colonial conquests (over 15 million native americans slaughtered), The crusades, the slave trade, Bosnia during the early to mid 90's, oh and let's not forget the countless number of hangings committed by christians in the United States.
    Les74 likes this.
    01-14-2015 10:02 PM
    If these abortion bombings you talk about that supposedly were carried out by Christians happened, and it's documented that the person was a Christian and did it because of their religion, there should be news articles readily available. I want a source. Is that some foreign thought?

Planned Parenthood Clinic in Brookline, MA...bombed by a Christian fundamentalist group called "Army of God".
    Les74 likes this.
    01-14-2015 10:38 PM
    I'm going to bow out of this thread... I just learned that my sister most probably has cancer... That really takes the desire to debate and argue out of a person.

I'm sorry to hear about your sister. My thoughts are with her in a speedy recovery.

As far as the news articles go, I will find them, but am shocked that I would need to do this. Isn't it common knowledge? I mean, I don't need to go outside to know that the sky is blue.....

hydrogen3 and the_tech_eater like this.
    01-15-2015 06:30 AM

Prayers to your sister and your family that all works out well.

the_tech_eater likes this.
    01-15-2015 07:30 AM
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your sister.
    01-15-2015 08:09 AM

Thoughts and prayers for sister and family.
    01-15-2015 08:12 AM

Very sorry to hear this...positive vibes and prayers sent to you and your family, especially your sister. Thankfully we live in a world of technology and medicine combining forces, and people are beating cancer more often than ever these days!
    01-15-2015 11:42 AM
    Examples: The Crusades (Beginning 1095), The Inquisition (Beginning 1184), Reformation (circa 1518), Witch Hunts (beginning circa 1480 in Europe), The Holocaust (beginning circa 1933), The Christian Identity Movement (circa 1915).
    We need to rid our selfs of evil from time to time.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk
    01-16-2015 06:52 PM

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk
    And bad grammar for that matter.
    01-16-2015 09:33 PM
    I can usually pretend that misspellings are phone typos or poor eyesight - that's where my mistypes come from. But this time I don't see any possible excuse.

01-16-2015 09:47 PM
    Look out. Al Sharpton, going after Hollywood.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    01-17-2015 09:47 AM
    Since your comment was in response to mine: Please explain what you mean.
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    01-17-2015 10:20 AM
199 ... 23456 ...