Today the GOP Take Control of Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Life experience. I thought this was pretty clear from the get go, but apparently a human beings skull is much thicker in their early 20's.

And apparently saying anything straight up is a trait that goes away with age. But I'm glad you didn't miss the chance to insult me.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
There's nothing left to say. We've all been straight up. You're the one who's dancing around trying to get the last word in and be the last one standing in an attempt to save face. With that, I'm going to put my iPhone down, and enjoy the rest of the football game. C-ya

Lol, no you weren't being straight up. It took you multiple replies to even answer my question in any way.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
That may be factual but you seem to get into it with people in just about every discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's because I don't like bullsh*t, and don't mind calling it out. When someone like A895 comes on here and tries to convince someone that a person's words should be taken with equal respect regardless of age, I just laugh. The only people who defend a teenagers "wisdom" are too young to understand how stupid they sound anyways.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
It's because I don't like bullsh*t, and don't mind calling it out. When someone like A895 comes on here and tries to convince someone that a person's words should be taken with equal respect regardless of age, I just laugh. The only people who defend a teenagers "wisdom" are too young to understand how stupid they sound anyways.

That just sounds ignorant. Age shouldn't be the only determining factor. That is plain and simple ageism. Every opinion is equal on an internet forum point blank.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
You're an easy target based on your comments here.

That's fine and everyone will agree with you just because. Nothing will change my mind or alter my perception that is here no matter how you feel.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That's fine and everyone will agree with you just because. Nothing will change my mind or alter my perception that is here no matter how you feel.

Therein lies the problem. Numerous people here in the forums who are NOT your enemies have tried to impart wisdom unto you, but your pride won't allow you to accept any. You seem to think that by accomplishing certain things on your own at a young age puts you on the same level as those of us with far more experience, but you fail to realize that many of us have also accomplished a good deal of things on our own and at a young age. Do you think that just because one learns to ride a horse at a young age, he or she can ride better than someone who's spent far more years in the saddle? You say that nothing will change your mind. That's a lie. Keep on living and watch life's lessons alter your way of thinking. It's guaranteed.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Therein lies the problem. Numerous people here in the forums who are NOT your enemies have tried to impart wisdom unto you, but your pride won't allow you to accept any. You seem to think that by accomplishing certain things on your own at a young age puts you on the same level as those of us with far more experience, but you fail to realize that many of us have also accomplished a good deal of things on our own and at a young age. Do you think that just because one learns to ride a horse at a young age, he or she can ride better than someone who's spent far more years in the saddle? You say that nothing will change your mind. That's a lie. Keep on living and watch life's lessons alter your way of thinking. It's guaranteed.

I said nothing HERE ON IMORE, which is true. Don't twist my words. What are we measuring accomplishments for? You started this by implying I am some young fool, and I am supposed to let it slide. What wisdom did you say exactly that a million other adults couldn't have told me and have told me before? Anyone with a brain knows experience comes with age, but that has Jack zip to do with the topic of the thread.

And not to mention you implied my views are blinded by my age which they aren't. I read the same news as you, same TV shows and have access to the sane internet sources. You may have a different interpretation of what you say or read and that is what an opinion is, but at the end of the day views and perceptions shouldn't be degraded based on age, that isn't right least of all on a damn internet forum.

If we didn't know each other ages you wouldn't think your opinion is worth more than mine, but because you know I am by younger, you and Sean have adamantly tried your damned best to discredit what I say by saying "hurt durr, you're young and protected you don't know anything".

Yet I have argued clear and concise arguments since Day 1 Since I have been a member on this forum, but that doesn't matter because of my age right? My arguments have never been nonsense and linking sketchy and dumb websites to support them like others have, but that doesn't matter right? I try my best to have respectful arguments with members even when they openly mock and disrespect me, including mods and ambassadors here, but that doesn't matter right? I'm too young and stupid to have an equal opinion right?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I said nothing HERE ON IMORE, which is true. Don't twist my words.
What words of yours did I try to twist?
What are we measuring accomplishments for?
in post #126, "you" told us of your personal accomplishments
You started this by implying I am some young fool, and I am supposed to let it slide.
Nope. I did not say or imply that you are a fool. I clearly stated that your pride is not allowing you to receive wisdom from those of us who are not your enemies.
What wisdom did you say exactly that a million other adults couldn't have told me and have told me before?
That question alone proves my point. If all of this is nothing you haven't heard before from other adults then it is obvious that you didn't listen to them either.
Anyone with a brain knows experience comes with age, but that has Jack zip to do with the topic of the thread.
Nope, you're not getting off that easy. You went out of your way in previous posts to point out that age and wisdom were irrelevant.
And not to mention you implied my views are blinded by my age which they aren't.
Nope. Your views on various things are limited by your youth and lack of experience. That is a fact!
I read the same news as you, same TV shows and have access to the sane internet sources.
in regard to the first two, I doubt it, but I could be wrong.
You may have a different interpretation of what you say or read and that is what an opinion is, but at the end of the day views and perceptions shouldn't be degraded based on age, that isn't right least of all on a damn internet forum.
The challenges you received from the views, perception, etc., that you've expressed throughout these forums were challenged because they were either false, factually untrue or clearly expressed with obvious inexperience. Now that we know that you're young, we now understand why you stated certain thing in the manner in which you did.

If we didn't know each other ages you wouldn't think your opinion is worth more than mine, but because you know I am by younger, you and Sean have adamantly tried your damned best to discredit what I say by saying "hurt durr, you're young and protected you don't know anything".
The only person who has a problem with your age is "you". You may not believe this, but knowing you're young is actually somewhat of a relief because, at least in my regard, I can say that various statements you make is because you haven't yet learned otherwise.

Yet I have argued clear and concise arguments since Day 1 Since I have been a member on this forum, but that doesn't matter because of my age right?
You are an active participant in these forums, and we're glad to have you. In regard to your arguments, many of them have been clear and concise, but they've also been factually incorrect or incomplete. Not all of them.
My arguments have never been nonsense and linking sketchy and dumb websites to support them like others have, but that doesn't matter right?
There you go. "Sketchy and dumb websites"? Those are the kind of comments that gets you slammed. Here's a scenario for you. Let's say that someone name Jim is an expert in a particular field of study. All of the top colleges, universities, governments and Fortune 500 companies go to him for advice regarding that particular field. Yet, the masses are unaware of him and his wisdom although he has a blog that only a few people know about. Then one day that subject comes up for debate here in the forums, and you post something that is factually incorrect and the person who brought it to your attention references the factually correct information via Jim's Blog that you've never heard of. Would Jim's blog be considered a sketchy and dumb website?
I try my best to have respectful arguments with members even when they openly mock and disrespect me, including mods and ambassadors here, but that doesn't matter right? I'm too young and stupid to have an equal opinion right?

Dude, no one is mocking and disrespecting you. You are merely having a hard time accepting that you're wrong on some things, and the more you try to argue that you're right, the worse it gets. A wise person would know when to stop. You don't have anything to prove to anyone here at iMore, and no, we don't give a crap about your age. Having said that, if you step up and make a statement that's incorrect or incomplete, you are going to be called out. Period. You spend your time trying to "win" whereas we're spending our time trying to educate you so that you'll be fully informed. See the difference?

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I love it when my nephew says "You wouldn't understand...". He's 18 years old, and thinks he knows the world inside and out. I actually get pleasure in watching him get reality checks.

A895...I'll give you credit on something, you seem to have some intelligence sprouting out of that youthful arrogance, and you can certainly (at times) hold a decently legitimate conversation here on iMore. Unfortunately, that youthful arrogance likes to find balance, kind of like yin and yang. You'll say something that seems like you have an inkling of knowledge on the subject, and then you'll say something so profoundly dumb that it washes (IE: Respecting teenage wisdom and opinion as equal to that of an adult...lol).

At the end of the day, I didn't need you to tell me your age...your words define you as a youngster. All across this forum you try to instill knowledge, and many times it's on things that you really haven't a clue about (IE: the business of Apple's choice to not enter the entry level phone market...that was quite a doozy).

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
A895, I really don't want to offend you here because I think you've taken one hell of a shellacking and I really say this to you just like I have my own friends:

When you respond on a forum with people that can't hear or see you in person, your grammar and spelling really needs to be a lot better. Otherwise (like it or not), we're going to form an almost unconscious opinion that you don't know what you're saying because you couldn't even get the spelling right or know the difference between past and present tense. Nowadays with people openly expressing themselves through forums and social media, their age and education really show themselves. I'm not saying you're uneducated because I believe that you're on your way to learning a lot more like D said, but you need to stop bringing toothpicks to a knife show.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
A895, I really don't want to offend you here because I think you've taken one hell of a shellacking and I really say this to you just like I have my own friends:

When you respond on a forum with people that can't hear or see you in person, your grammar and spelling really needs to be a lot better. Otherwise (like it or not), we're going to form an almost unconscious opinion that you don't know what you're saying because you couldn't even get the spelling right or know the difference between past and present tense. Nowadays with people openly expressing themselves through forums and social media, their age and education really show themselves. I'm not saying you're uneducated because I believe that you're on your way to learning a lot more like D said, but you need to stop bringing toothpicks to a knife show.

No offense, but he isn't the only one on this forum (and thread) that has issues with spelling....

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
No offense, but he isn't the only one on this forum (and thread) that has issues with spelling....

I know you may or not be talking about someone else specific on this thread, but if you are, I know who. I just don't acknowledge that person anymore since that person has presented him (or her) self as nothing but comical.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Alright I'm done with iMore. That's what everyone wanted right? Uninstalling the app now. Mods and ambassadors go out their way to attack members shouldn't be the way a forum conducts itself but iMore is an exception I suppose. But whatever, and FYI if you call yourselves adults for ganging up on me, I dread ever seeing how you conduct yourselves offline, I bet you would be pompous uptight assholes then too.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Alright I'm done with iMore. That's what everyone wanted right? Uninstalling the app now. Mods and ambassadors go out their way to attack members shouldn't be the way a forum conducts itself but iMore is an exception I suppose. But whatever, and FYI if you call yourselves adults for ganging up on me, I dread ever seeing how you conduct yourselves offline, I bet you would be pompous uptight assholes then too.

Dude, that's not the way to "win." Who cares what everyone else thinks? I sure as hell don't. Let it go.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Well, I hope you don't consider yourself a young adult after throwing a hissy fit. If you can't just accept constructive criticism from people then I'd be afraid to see how you conduct yourself offline in the face of adversity.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

lol...poor little victim. Thankfully I avoid people like you "offline" because in reality, I'm much less diplomatic and far more outspoken. Plus, I just don't have time for teenagers and early 20 somethings who feel they have something relevant to teach me. To respond in kind though, I bet you would be the same know it all little twerp you represent here. Given we live in the same state, I can almost feel your youthful angst in the air, lol!

Good luck to you...you'll need it. Your generation, based on what I've observed, is totally f*cked.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

What was it that they said about when you start name calling in a debate? Don’t go away mad, just grow some thicker skin and stick around.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

This is further proof that you are not ready to play with the big boys. It's proof that you do not have the maturity you think you have to engage in a conversation where you are not in control or the smartest person in the thread. We have gone out of our way to try to impart wisdom to you, but instead of being humble, thankful and appreciative, you opt to view any rebuke or attempt to educate you as an attack on you and your character. What a shame because you really are a smart person, but you're not as smart as you think you are. Anyway, if you want to leave iMore and blame me and anyone else who dare opposes anything you say or do, then leave. Having said that, just know that you're leaving on your own accord and due to your own insecurity. No one here is pushing you out.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
This is further proof that you are not ready to play with the big boys. It's proof that you do not have the maturity you think you have to engage in a conversation where you are not in control or the smartest person in the thread. We have gone out of our way to try to impart wisdom to you, but instead of being humble, thankful and appreciative, you opt to view any rebuke or attempt to educate you as an attack on you and your character. What a shame because you really are a smart person, but you're not as smart as you think you are. Anyway, if you want to leave iMore and blame me and anyone else who dare opposes anything you say or do, then leave. Having said that, just know that you're leaving on your own accord and due to your own insecurity. No one here is pushing you out.

Face it a lot of you are mean spirited on here. Is all that so called wisdom gone to your head? Really disappointed by behavior of many of the veterans on here. You are really destroying the great community here by attacking the few on here who disagree with you on non tech subjects. Many smugly chuckling along side egging it all on. Truth is many here just don't respect anyone with a different opinion and the behavior of some is just not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods