Today the GOP Take Control of Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Fox often does find a patsy to shout at. You are right - they are unique in doing that. And its more evidence of their clear agenda. You love their point of view. Why pretend the bias doesn't exist?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did I say that bias didn't exist? I didn't. And if you want to call the liberal talk show hosts, and Democratic congressmen "patsies", then have at it. About the only time that you will see a Republican commenting on MSNBC is on "Morning Joe".
So, if Fox has an agenda by having opposing opinions on their shows, then what is MSNBC's agenda when they only have liberals?
Plus, Fox News' anchors at least can report news, unlike those id**ts on MSNBC such as Sharpton, Chris Matthews, and the one who said ON AIR that he wished that D**k Cheney would die, Ed Schultz. He is a real winner, huh?

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Where did I say that bias didn't exist? I didn't. And if you want to call the liberal talk show hosts, and Democratic congressmen "patsies", then have at it. About the only time that you will see a Republican commenting on MSNBC is on "Morning Joe".
So, if Fox has an agenda by having opposing opinions on their shows, then what is MSNBC's agenda when they only have liberals?
Plus, Fox News' anchors at least can report news, unlike those id**ts on MSNBC such as Sharpton, Chris Matthews, and the one who said ON AIR that he wished that D**k Cheney would die, Ed Schultz. He is a real winner, huh?

Sure you did. You said their reporting was fair. Not. As a matter of fact most of the Fox bla isn't reporting at all.

I wouldn't know about MSNBC as I don't watch it ever and I don't read HuffPo either.

Just as not all conservatives agree with all radical views of some extreme leaders in GOP. I already said what's wrong with FOX. Not going to repeat myself except to say that the shear volume of biased punditry and editorial that is mixed in with the brief actual news reporting makes the whole thing a big wash of political hot air.

3 talking heads shouting against one on a talk show isn't news and it certainly isn't fair. Its a political ad at best and a hate machine at worst.

The news everywhere is filled with drama of GOP vs the President. The idea that most media is a tool for liberalism is just ridiculous. When Fox has a point of view that everyone else doesn't report on, just maybe it's because it's an absurd point of view. Example climate denial. And thats just the tip of the iceberg [sic].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Getting offended while discussing politics? LOL What planet are you from? Just proves their point that you need to grow up. This world isn't a warm and welcoming place. Fyi.

This just proves the point you don't need to be an *** talking to people. Unfortunately I have too much patience because maybe if I was rude as everyone else, I would fit right in I suppose. And you think I was offended discussing politics? No. It was other topics. But go ahead and disregard what I say as everyone else does. No ones age opinion puts their value on their opinion point blank.

I have met super smart 16 year olds and dumb 50 year olds. Age does not determine wisdom, I learned a while ago. But some here still thing age is a better value than what people actually say. Because to be such grown adults I have seen some idiotic statements from some here. I will step off my soap box, but it pisses me off that people here do this constantly.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Have you ever even tried watching Fox News for more re than 20 seconds? The way you talk about sounds like you?ve never even watched it. Your opinion on the the matter is very skewed, Fox News is one of the few national news stations that gives both sides. The anchors on at the time may weigh in and tell what they believe in but by no means are they ?Trying to you convince you how to think, what to think and who to hate?. Fox News gives you a lot of freedom to make your own decisions based on the FACTS.

Whatever. Global warming is a political agenda and Fox News does no wrong with you. What else is new?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Global warming is a political agenda
That it is... Because "climate change" has been happening since the dawn of time... And human activity can't do thing one about it. Collectively, humanity is a fallible lot. If human activity could alter the climate, none of us would be here as the climate would have been screwed up beyond habitability long before now...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Some people are exceedingly bright and knowledgable. They have a gift that allows them to retain an abundance of information. A good deal of young people have that gift, and when they cross paths with people who do not know all that they have learned, they find it difficult to respect them or to accept their viewpoint as being valid. Those smart young people haven't yet learned that a good deal of what they were taught and had retained were false, misleading and oftentimes incomplete. An example of this is how numerous kids were led to believe that simply getting a college degree would guarantee them a high paying job. Well, the real world taught them that what they were led to believe was untrue for a majority of them. Millions of people with college degrees are jobless, working part-time and are working for minimum wage. Many of them have discovered that their degrees are utterly useless. The few who succeed do so by "learning" from those with experience and wisdom. Now, to the young who may read this post, take a moment and consider the fact that what you know may not be all there is to it.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
That it is... Because "climate change" has been happening since the dawn of time... And human activity can't do thing one about it. Collectively, humanity is a fallible lot. If human activity could alter the climate, none of us would be here as the climate would have been screwed up beyond habitability long before now...

That's your opinion and that's fine. But climate change is a real thing and human activity has definitely had an impact. You think 7 billion+ people would have no impact?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
But climate change is a real thing and human activity has definitely had an impact. You think 7 billion+ people would have no impact?
Human activity can't make a meaningful difference... If it could, it would have happened by now, and none of us would be here.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
This just proves the point you don't need to be an *** talking to people. Unfortunately I have too much patience because maybe if I was rude as everyone else, I would fit right in I suppose. And you think I was offended discussing politics? No. It was other topics. But go ahead and disregard what I say as everyone else does. No ones age opinion puts their value on their opinion point blank.

I have met super smart 16 year olds and dumb 50 year olds. Age does not determine wisdom, I learned a while ago. But some here still thing age is a better value than what people actually say. Because to be such grown adults I have seen some idiotic statements from some here. I will step off my soap box, but it pisses me off that people here do this constantly.

Teenagers have almost ZERO real life experience outside of some real world flirtation. Now sure, there are a lot of adults of all ages that have been protected in a bubble and have very little actual real world experience, but ALL teenagers fall into this category, and that is where the line must be drawn. You could have a seriously tough up bringing as a child and teenager, but the real world will still kick you right in the teeth if you run out into it like you're prepared.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
That's your opinion and that's fine. But climate change is a real thing and human activity has definitely had an impact. You think 7 billion+ people would have no impact?

Have humans effected the climate by being here? Absolutely...but so does cow sh*t, volcanos, methane gas pockets in the ocean and about a million other things. At the end of the day, we can certainly hold ourselves responsible for controlling and limiting the things that COULD effect the earth negatively, but there's also a point where you have to accept that natural occurrences have and still will cause damage to the earth (as we consider "damage") that we can't do anything about...and if you invest into the scare tactics used to get you to buy into the story of how humans are destroying the planet...well, I don't think you're giving yourself a fair chance to really look at the totality of the problem.

Should we do more to decrease our foot print? Absolutely...but we should do that anyways, even if nothing was evident in the earths day to day functions that someone can attribute to human activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen