You still have not defined what is real world! Define your definition of it! What is so hard? And stop treating me like some damn child, talk to me right here, don't talk down to me. What is real world to you? Explain.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    You know exactly what Sean is referring to, but you're too stubborn to admit it. In fact, you're still trying to prove that you can hang with the big boys, and that your youth is irrelevant. Yet, each post you make proves your inexperience, your lack of insight and your unwillingness to even consider that you could be either wrong or not fully informed. It's like someone who has studied how to play the game of basketball to the point of being an expert and then believes that he can step on the court and actually beat Lebron James. Those with mere "knowledge" of the game will always fall prey to those with in-game experience.
    kch50428 and the_tech_eater like this.
    01-11-2015 07:20 PM
    ....What is the big difference?

Do you still look at things in the same manner that you did when you were 10 years old? What about when you were 5 years old? When you're 30, you're not going to look at things in the same manner as you do now. Things will become a little bit clearer and you will look back and wonder why you didn't see it before. The same applies when you turn 40 and 50 so on and so forth. That's the difference.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    01-11-2015 07:28 PM
    You know exactly what Sean is referring to, but you're too stubborn to admit it. In fact, you're still trying to prove that you can hang with the big boys, and that your youth is irrelevant. Yet, each post you make proves your inexperience, your lack of insight and your unwillingness to even consider that you could be either wrong or not fully informed. It's like someone who has studied how to play the game of basketball to the point of being an expert and then believes that he can step on the court and actually beat Lebron James. Those with mere "knowledge" of the game will always fall prey to those with in-game experience.
    What is Sean referring too? Can someone be straight up in their response? And really? "Big Boys"?

01-11-2015 07:30 PM
    Do you still look at things in the same manner that you did when you were 10 years old? What about when you were 5 years old? When you're 30, you're not going to look at things in the same manner as you do now. Things will become a little bit clearer and you will look back and wonder why you didn't see it before. The same applies when you turn 40 and 50 so on and so forth. That's the difference.
    That is clearer, but isn't that just having regrets and lamenting pass decisions? Or wondering what could have been? I can see that. But that is why when you have the time when you are younger, you weigh all your options and always weigh what your future will be. I do see some things differently, but I was forced when I was younger to be more mature and be older than I was, so my views haven't changed all that much in retrospect.

01-11-2015 07:35 PM
    What is Sean referring too? Can someone be straight up in their response? And really? "Big Boys"?

There's nothing left to say. We've all been straight up. You're the one who's dancing around trying to get the last word in and be the last one standing in an attempt to save face. With that, I'm going to put my iPhone down, and enjoy the rest of the football game. C-ya
    01-11-2015 07:35 PM
    Unless they publicly lynch Obama, Reid , Pelosi, Kerry and both clintons, this congress will be a complete waste! And yes I'm serious!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    01-11-2015 07:44 PM
    What is the big difference?
    Life experience. I thought this was pretty clear from the get go, but apparently a human beings skull is much thicker in their early 20's.
    01-11-2015 08:18 PM
    Life experience. I thought this was pretty clear from the get go, but apparently a human beings skull is much thicker in their early 20's.
    Sean, do you ever feel like you’re peeing into the wind with these guys?
    01-11-2015 08:34 PM
    Always, lol. But it's kind of humorous at times, and I'm also a glutton for punishment.
    01-11-2015 08:38 PM
    No...there is not. There's a reason why there are so many legalities and regulations that prevent teenagers from entering into legally binding contracts and such until they are 18, and then even more until they are 21. It's because a teenager, by and large, cannot make an educated decision on something given their complete lack of real world experience. You can argue it all day long, but the truth is the truth...just because you have a tough upbringing, and you taste the real world, doesn't change the fact that as a teenager, you're still considered a child...and because of this, are shielded from many of the things adults have to face on a daily basis.
    Nice job with personal attacks and changing the subject as usual. Shrug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A895 and franknasty like this.
    01-11-2015 08:47 PM
    Nice job with personal attacks and changing the subject as usual. Shrug.

Though if you had a semblance of reading comprehension you'd know it was in response to something your buddy said.
    franknasty likes this.
    01-11-2015 08:51 PM

Though if you had a semblance of reading comprehension you'd know it was in response to something your buddy said.
    That may be factual but you seem to get into it with people in just about every discussion.

A895 and franknasty like this.
    01-11-2015 09:04 PM
    That may be factual but you seem to get into it with people in just about every discussion.

And he usually comes out on top!
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    01-11-2015 09:13 PM
    And he usually comes out on top!
    Yep! Always. A professional debater Sean is.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk
    01-11-2015 09:21 PM
    I think people give up in exhaustion and off topic frustration. I guess as long as you agree then it must be okay.

A895 likes this.
    01-11-2015 10:10 PM
    And apparently saying anything straight up is a trait that goes away with age. But I'm glad you didn't miss the chance to insult me.

01-11-2015 10:41 PM
    There's nothing left to say. We've all been straight up. You're the one who's dancing around trying to get the last word in and be the last one standing in an attempt to save face. With that, I'm going to put my iPhone down, and enjoy the rest of the football game. C-ya
    Lol, no you weren't being straight up. It took you multiple replies to even answer my question in any way.

01-11-2015 10:43 PM
    And apparently saying anything straight up is a trait that goes away with age. But I'm glad you didn't miss the chance to insult me.

You're an easy target based on your comments here.
    01-11-2015 10:48 PM

It's because I don't like bullsh*t, and don't mind calling it out. When someone like A895 comes on here and tries to convince someone that a person's words should be taken with equal respect regardless of age, I just laugh. The only people who defend a teenagers "wisdom" are too young to understand how stupid they sound anyways.
    hatchettjack likes this.
    01-11-2015 10:51 PM
    It's because I don't like bullsh*t, and don't mind calling it out. When someone like A895 comes on here and tries to convince someone that a person's words should be taken with equal respect regardless of age, I just laugh. The only people who defend a teenagers "wisdom" are too young to understand how stupid they sound anyways.
    That just sounds ignorant. Age shouldn't be the only determining factor. That is plain and simple ageism. Every opinion is equal on an internet forum point blank.

franknasty likes this.
    01-12-2015 03:40 PM
    You're an easy target based on your comments here.
    That's fine and everyone will agree with you just because. Nothing will change my mind or alter my perception that is here no matter how you feel.

01-12-2015 03:42 PM
    That's fine and everyone will agree with you just because. Nothing will change my mind or alter my perception that is here no matter how you feel.

Therein lies the problem. Numerous people here in the forums who are NOT your enemies have tried to impart wisdom unto you, but your pride won't allow you to accept any. You seem to think that by accomplishing certain things on your own at a young age puts you on the same level as those of us with far more experience, but you fail to realize that many of us have also accomplished a good deal of things on our own and at a young age. Do you think that just because one learns to ride a horse at a young age, he or she can ride better than someone who's spent far more years in the saddle? You say that nothing will change your mind. That's a lie. Keep on living and watch life's lessons alter your way of thinking. It's guaranteed.
    kch50428 likes this.
    01-12-2015 03:57 PM
    Therein lies the problem. Numerous people here in the forums who are NOT your enemies have tried to impart wisdom unto you, but your pride won't allow you to accept any. You seem to think that by accomplishing certain things on your own at a young age puts you on the same level as those of us with far more experience, but you fail to realize that many of us have also accomplished a good deal of things on our own and at a young age. Do you think that just because one learns to ride a horse at a young age, he or she can ride better than someone who's spent far more years in the saddle? You say that nothing will change your mind. That's a lie. Keep on living and watch life's lessons alter your way of thinking. It's guaranteed.
    I said nothing HERE ON IMORE, which is true. Don't twist my words. What are we measuring accomplishments for? You started this by implying I am some young fool, and I am supposed to let it slide. What wisdom did you say exactly that a million other adults couldn't have told me and have told me before? Anyone with a brain knows experience comes with age, but that has Jack zip to do with the topic of the thread.

And not to mention you implied my views are blinded by my age which they aren't. I read the same news as you, same TV shows and have access to the sane internet sources. You may have a different interpretation of what you say or read and that is what an opinion is, but at the end of the day views and perceptions shouldn't be degraded based on age, that isn't right least of all on a damn internet forum.

If we didn't know each other ages you wouldn't think your opinion is worth more than mine, but because you know I am by younger, you and Sean have adamantly tried your damned best to discredit what I say by saying "hurt durr, you're young and protected you don't know anything".

Yet I have argued clear and concise arguments since Day 1 Since I have been a member on this forum, but that doesn't matter because of my age right? My arguments have never been nonsense and linking sketchy and dumb websites to support them like others have, but that doesn't matter right? I try my best to have respectful arguments with members even when they openly mock and disrespect me, including mods and ambassadors here, but that doesn't matter right? I'm too young and stupid to have an equal opinion right?

01-12-2015 04:57 PM
    I said nothing HERE ON IMORE, which is true. Don't twist my words.
    What words of yours did I try to twist?
    What are we measuring accomplishments for?
    in post #126, "you" told us of your personal accomplishments
    You started this by implying I am some young fool, and I am supposed to let it slide.
    Nope. I did not say or imply that you are a fool. I clearly stated that your pride is not allowing you to receive wisdom from those of us who are not your enemies.
    What wisdom did you say exactly that a million other adults couldn't have told me and have told me before?
    That question alone proves my point. If all of this is nothing you haven't heard before from other adults then it is obvious that you didn't listen to them either.
    Anyone with a brain knows experience comes with age, but that has Jack zip to do with the topic of the thread.
    Nope, you're not getting off that easy. You went out of your way in previous posts to point out that age and wisdom were irrelevant.
    And not to mention you implied my views are blinded by my age which they aren't.
    Nope. Your views on various things are limited by your youth and lack of experience. That is a fact!
    I read the same news as you, same TV shows and have access to the sane internet sources.
    in regard to the first two, I doubt it, but I could be wrong.
    You may have a different interpretation of what you say or read and that is what an opinion is, but at the end of the day views and perceptions shouldn't be degraded based on age, that isn't right least of all on a damn internet forum.
    The challenges you received from the views, perception, etc., that you've expressed throughout these forums were challenged because they were either false, factually untrue or clearly expressed with obvious inexperience. Now that we know that you're young, we now understand why you stated certain thing in the manner in which you did.

If we didn't know each other ages you wouldn't think your opinion is worth more than mine, but because you know I am by younger, you and Sean have adamantly tried your damned best to discredit what I say by saying "hurt durr, you're young and protected you don't know anything".
    The only person who has a problem with your age is "you". You may not believe this, but knowing you're young is actually somewhat of a relief because, at least in my regard, I can say that various statements you make is because you haven't yet learned otherwise.

Yet I have argued clear and concise arguments since Day 1 Since I have been a member on this forum, but that doesn't matter because of my age right?
    You are an active participant in these forums, and we're glad to have you. In regard to your arguments, many of them have been clear and concise, but they've also been factually incorrect or incomplete. Not all of them.
    My arguments have never been nonsense and linking sketchy and dumb websites to support them like others have, but that doesn't matter right?
    There you go. "Sketchy and dumb websites"? Those are the kind of comments that gets you slammed. Here's a scenario for you. Let's say that someone name Jim is an expert in a particular field of study. All of the top colleges, universities, governments and Fortune 500 companies go to him for advice regarding that particular field. Yet, the masses are unaware of him and his wisdom although he has a blog that only a few people know about. Then one day that subject comes up for debate here in the forums, and you post something that is factually incorrect and the person who brought it to your attention references the factually correct information via Jim's Blog that you've never heard of. Would Jim's blog be considered a sketchy and dumb website?
    I try my best to have respectful arguments with members even when they openly mock and disrespect me, including mods and ambassadors here, but that doesn't matter right? I'm too young and stupid to have an equal opinion right?

Dude, no one is mocking and disrespecting you. You are merely having a hard time accepting that you're wrong on some things, and the more you try to argue that you're right, the worse it gets. A wise person would know when to stop. You don't have anything to prove to anyone here at iMore, and no, we don't give a crap about your age. Having said that, if you step up and make a statement that's incorrect or incomplete, you are going to be called out. Period. You spend your time trying to "win" whereas we're spending our time trying to educate you so that you'll be fully informed. See the difference?
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 01-12-2015 at 07:56 PM.
    kch50428 likes this.
    01-12-2015 05:48 PM
    I love it when my nephew says "You wouldn't understand...". He's 18 years old, and thinks he knows the world inside and out. I actually get pleasure in watching him get reality checks.

A895...I'll give you credit on something, you seem to have some intelligence sprouting out of that youthful arrogance, and you can certainly (at times) hold a decently legitimate conversation here on iMore. Unfortunately, that youthful arrogance likes to find balance, kind of like yin and yang. You'll say something that seems like you have an inkling of knowledge on the subject, and then you'll say something so profoundly dumb that it washes (IE: Respecting teenage wisdom and opinion as equal to that of an adult...lol).

At the end of the day, I didn't need you to tell me your age...your words define you as a youngster. All across this forum you try to instill knowledge, and many times it's on things that you really haven't a clue about (IE: the business of Apple's choice to not enter the entry level phone market...that was quite a doozy).
    01-12-2015 05:55 PM
166 ... 4567