Apple Broken Promisses

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatsever

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I like to know how people think about there iPhone 6 knowing that people in a factory work till they drop dead or just replaced for other fools.

I'm member of Amnasty International and I know people Always get stress at work but this is not the same.

It's modern slavery like on foxconn and still Apple is doing it all over again.

Also the YouTube movies are gone and only BBC promotion is still there to found after a week.

How do you feel sponsering a product like Apple.

[video]http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04vs348[/video]

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I like to know how people think about there iPhone 6 knowing that people in a factory work till they drop dead or just replaced for other fools.
First of all, this is basically a blanket statement with no proof, but let's say it's 100% true. Is it Apple's fault or the fault of the individuals for allowing him or herself to work to that point or the supervisor/manager/controller of the individuals who worked them to that point?

I'm member of Amnasty International and I know people Always get stress at work but this is not the same.

It's modern slavery like on foxconn and still Apple is doing it all over again.
Prostitution with a pimp manager here in the U.S. is slavery. Manipulating a crowd into a frenzy with a false injustice narrative is arguably slavery. Working in the summer heat or winter cold an entire shift for minimum wage can be viewed as slavery. People claim that Walmart, UPS, FedEx and others work their employees like slaves, still, it doesn't mean it's true.

Also the YouTube movies are gone and only BBC promotion is still there to found after a week.

How do you feel sponsering a product like Apple.

[video]http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04vs348[/url]
I actually feel great about my Apple products. I don't care how Apple's engineers devised them or who put them together as long they works the way they are suppose to work. Listen, some people will always work harder than others, especially outside of the U.S.. Some people work harder because they want to whereas others work harder because they have to. It's not right or wrong. It's life.

Last edited:

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Don't buy the products if you don't like them. I'm sure Samsung and every other cellphone manufacturing company use them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
1. Shouldn't this be under the subforum for "News" or "General" or perhaps even "Politics"? It does not belong in the device subforum.
2. It's "their iPhone" not "there iPhone".
3. I don't "sponser" (sponsor) Apple. I purchase their products. Note that "Apple" is not a product.
4. If one believes all the reports out there, many factories for lots of companies operate under less than ideal conditions. People can chose to work elsewhere. Comparing it to slavery is an insult to people who are/were exactly enslaved.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
1. Shouldn't this be under the subforum for "News" or "General" or perhaps even "Politics"? It does not belong in the device subforum.
2. It's "their iPhone" not "there iPhone".
3. I don't "sponser" (sponsor) Apple. I purchase their products. Note that "Apple" is not a product.
4. If one believes all the reports out there, many factories for lots of companies operate under less than ideal conditions. People can chose to work elsewhere. Comparing it to slavery is an insult to people who are/were exactly enslaved.

If we’re picking nits and being the grammar Nazis, the organization that the OP referenced is "Amnesty International", not "Amnasty International".

The fact of the matter is that Apple has these products manufactured overseas because of cheap/inexpensive labor costs. Apple has done quite a bit already to ensure better working conditions, however, as a company who contracts the manufacturing process, they are not ultimately responsible for the working conditions put in place my the Foxconns of the world.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
You do realize that Apple has taken great strides to improve conditions for them, right?

http://appleinsider.com/articles/12...n-forces-improved-working-conditions-in-china

http://www.cnet.com/news/apple-touts-better-working-conditions-as-factory-audits-jump/

https://www.apple.com/supplier-responsibility/#mn_p

Also, Apple isn't the one to manufacture these products, Foxconn is. If you want to blame someone, blame Foxconn. You might also want to point the blame on other manufacturers such as Sony, Samsung, LG, Microsoft, and Amazon, who all use Foxconn to build their devices overseas.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Here's a list of some of the companies that use Foxconn...but for some reason you want to point out Apple as if they are a lonely guilty party? OP, you're a joke...

Acer Inc.
Amazon.com
Apple Inc.
BlackBerry Ltd.
Cisco
Dell
Google
Hewlett-Packard
Microsoft
Motorola Mobility
Nintendo
Nokia
Sony
Toshiba
Vizio

...you want to start pointing your little amnesty finger at someone who is guilty? Why not spend your effort going after...i dunno...FOXCONN?

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
For the "Amnasty International" crowd, Apple can do no right. In anything.

About the only people amnesty stands up for are cruel murderers facing the death penalty.

On the(ridiculous) topic on hand: the OP makes the most ridiculous claim I've heard in awhile. Those workers aren't forced to work there. They may need to work, but they aren't forced. I have to work to pay bills, does that make me a slave? No. If I didn't want to work. I could sell my phone, car, and any other thing that requires money and I could bum off my parents. I am not forced to work, but I need to. I don't see any difference between me and those workers. Further more, so Sean pointed out, apple is not the only company to use FOXXCONN. By the OP's argument, We need to stop using technology all together.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
That's like those people who yell out "Global warming is killing us all!"

All the while they drive a gas powered car, use regular non-solar electricity in their homes, and probably use a fair share of products that leave waste that will be burned into the atmosphere.

Oh the conundrum.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Here's a list of some of the companies that use Foxconn...but for some reason you want to point out Apple as if they are a lonely guilty party? OP, you're a joke...

Acer Inc.
Amazon.com
Apple Inc.
BlackBerry Ltd.
Cisco
Dell
Google
Hewlett-Packard
Microsoft
Motorola Mobility
Nintendo
Nokia
Sony
Toshiba
Vizio

...you want to start pointing your little amnesty finger at someone who is guilty? Why not spend your effort going after...i dunno...FOXCONN?

Oh no!!! My wife and I both have iPhones, a Wii, 2 Playstations, and a Vizio Tv. However shall I go on.......

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
That's like those people who yell out "Global warming is killing us all!"

All the while they drive a gas powered car, use regular non-solar electricity in their homes, and probably use a fair share of products that leave waste that will be burned into the atmosphere.

Oh the conundrum.

To be fair, to completely go green, it isn't cheap at all. It is one of the main reasons a lot of people don't do it.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
To be fair, to completely go green, it isn't cheap at all. It is one of the main reasons a lot of people don't do it.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

I'm sure it's not cheap to build all these devices and reach the demand. It's just that going the cheaper, easier route, that's usually the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice