Rep Steve Scalise of LA, # 3 Republican in the House, addressed a group of white supremacists in '02

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Rep Steve Scalise of LA, # 3 Republican in the House, addressed a group of wh...

That may be true.... but what was the result of those 81 visits? What favor from the "Dear Leader" did Sharpton garner from those visits?

It *is* true, and the result of the meetings is irrelevant. People with no influence have little to no access to Dear Leader. It was said that Sharpton had little clout, and I am saying that he does, and having access to BHO as much as he does is proof of his clout.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
No, and no one stated that he used his clout to influence BHO. The point is that he has clout. Period!

No he doesn't. Stop giving him more importance than he has, if he has any power it is from the right bringing him up ALL the time.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No he doesn't. Stop giving him more importance than he has, if he has any power it is from the right bringing him up ALL the time.

Sharpton doesn't have any importance whatsoever in "my" life, and I assume it is the same in yours. Having said that, there are a good deal of people who view him as an important figure in the black community. The media also views him in that manner. He sees himself in that manner, in my opinion. Trayvon, Ferguson, NYPD assassination and others all reference Sharpton in one way or another. Do a google search of the "left-wing" media sites and see for yourself.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Sharpton doesn't have any importance whatsoever in "my" life, and I assume it is the same in yours. Having said that, there are a good deal of people who view him as an important figure in the black community. The media also views him in that manner. He sees himself in that manner, in my opinion. Trayvon, Ferguson, NYPD assassination and others all reference Sharpton in one way or another. Do a google search of the "left-wing" media sites and see for yourself.

Just'D .... he's the mouse that roared.

There isn't much difference between notorious and important. History will probably paint him with the former.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just'D .... he's the mouse that roared.

There isn't much difference between notorious and important. History will probably paint him with the former.

You could very well be right in regard to history, however, in the present time, that "mouse" is getting a great deal of exposure and inclusion, and that equates to clout.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

Exactly, the media keeps seeing a black man at questionably things that may deal with race, and then they want to say this and that about how he is leading the black community to do stupid things when the black community at large pays him no mind.

Whenever I am around other black people and we discuss these events, never have I ever heard Sharptons name come up, because in retrospect the very community that media tries to portray as his audience very in large part pay him no attention, that is why I said he has no real power but the power the media has given him.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
You could very well be right in regard to history, however, in the present time, that "mouse" is getting a great deal of exposure and inclusion, and that equates to clout.

Exposure from the media, that isn't real power or clout. You are giving him that importance, when anyone can see he isn't that important. He does nothing for anyone but himself nowadays. That isn't power that is narcissism. He leads no one, he only is there for the cameras and moves on to the next. That isn't clout.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Exactly, the media keeps seeing a black man at questionably things that may deal with race, and then they want to say this and that about how he is leading the black community to do stupid things when the black community at large pays him no mind.

Whenever I am around other black people and we discuss these events, never have I ever heard Sharptons name come up, because in retrospect the very community that media tries to portray as his audience very in large part pay him no attention, that is why I said he has no real power but the power the media has given him.

I understand what you're saying and I agree to a point, however, there are far too many situations and communities that will follow his lead. He can walk into various neighborhoods and draw a crowd simply because of his fame, and you and I both know that too many people will believe every word that falls from his lips.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Exposure from the media, that isn't real power or clout. You are giving him that importance, when anyone can see he isn't that important. He does nothing for anyone but himself nowadays. That isn't power that is narcissism. He leads no one, he only is there for the cameras and moves on to the next. That isn't clout.

In theory, you are correct, but in reality, it does, and his fame alone provides it.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I understand what you're saying and I agree to a point, however, there are far too many situations and communities that will follow his lead. He can walk into various neighborhoods and draw a crowd simply because of his fame, and you and I both know that too many people will believe every word that falls from his lips.

I disagree on that. He doesn't take lead, he just shows up, and people assume someone is following him. He goes where the cameras go.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
In theory, you are correct, but in reality, it does, and his fame alone provides it.

That is because the media focuses on him too much. If a camera is one someone all the time of course they will have fame. If someone brings him up in every conversation about race in America, of course he will have fame.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

A huge percentage of blacks no longer believe in the NAACP. Does that mean that it has no clout?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That is because the media focuses on him too much. If a camera is one someone all the time of course they will have fame. If someone brings him up in every conversation about race in America, of course he will have fame.

Well, the two things you mentioned happen all the time with him, thus giving him fame and clout.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
81 WH visits, and Obama's right-hand advisor on black issues and situations, and he has no clout? /smh

Can you prove he has done something that proves he has power or are you just going by your assumptions and opinions?

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
A huge percentage of blacks no longer believe in the NAACP. Does that mean that it has no clout?

I don't know. I don't even know who runs the thing now. Some things lose their purpose or significance, Sharpton is one of those things. To keep bringing him up like he has done something that proves he has power is stupid when he hasn't done anything significant.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods