Rep Steve Scalise of LA, # 3 Republican in the House, addressed a group of white supremacists in '02

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
They weren't speaking at klansmen rallys were they?
Actually, any Democrat that had anything to do with Robert Byrd were indeed dealing with an actual KKK member...Recruiter even...but I digress...

The logic you display above, that Scalise should be no longer allowed to serve because of prior bad acts and/or association with the group he spoke to should apply equally... you have ZERO credibility until you are able, and willing to apply your logic to others who have committed equal, or even more heinous previous bad acts and ghastly associations.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: Rep Steve Scalise of LA, # 3 Republican in the House, addressed a group of wh...

Chuckles. He did. Clinton served two four year terms.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using 100% recycled electrons and of course Tapatalk

He did. I had a brain fart.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Actually, any Democrat that had anything to do with Robert Byrd were indeed dealing with an actual KKK member...Recruiter even...but I digress...

The logic you display above, that Scalise should be no longer allowed to serve because of prior bad acts and/or association with the group he spoke to should apply equally... you have ZERO credibility until you are able, and willing to apply your logic to others who have committed equal, or even more heinous previous bad acts and ghastly associations.

If I had known, yes. But I know absolutely zero about this Robert Byrd.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
He left the Klan decades ago though.

So? You've asserted Scalise is no longer fit to serve due to prior bad acts/associations... are you going to assert that the amount of time that has lapsed is a mitigating circumstance?

Laughable... you're incredible.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
So? You've asserted Scalise is no longer fit to serve due to prior bad acts/associations... are you going to assert that the amount of time that has lapsed is a mitigating circumstance?

Laughable... you're incredible.

Scalise spoke in 2002 at a rally Byrd left the Klan and has actually done things you would never see a Klansman do like support and back Obama and vote for various Civil Rights bills. He has been a Senator for over 50 years, I think we can let him slide.

What makes Scalise bad is not only he spoke at the rally, is he denied he didn't know it was a known Klansman he was dealing with. Would you rather someone that ignorant or dumb stay in office? At least Byrd owned up to it.

franknasty

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
Scalise spoke in 2002 at a rally Byrd left the Klan and has actually done things you would never see a Klansman do like support and back Obama and vote for various Civil Rights bills. He has been a Senator for over 50 years, I think we can let him slide.

What makes Scalise bad is not only he spoke at the rally, is he denied he didn't know it was a known Klansman he was dealing with. Would you rather someone that ignorant or dumb stay in office? At least Byrd owned up to it.

WWJD?

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

The comments are horrible on that article. And it is only touching on very few things. Why did they not address how various members of the GOP constantly fan their ignorance or how they constantly slip and reveal how out of touch they are with reality.

I am in no way condoning what Democrats do, but the GOP is not what America needs right now.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

So you are yelling me he spoke in front of EURO members unknowingly but still chose to affiliate himself with Knight, a known KKK affiliate and friend of Duke? Lol. Then he has the nerve to remember all these other details but can't remember any other speakers at a "Civic Association Meeting". Sounds suspicious and coordinated.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
So you are yelling me he spoke in front of EURO members unknowingly but still chose to affiliate himself with Knight, a known KKK affiliate and friend of Duke? Lol. Then he has the nerve to remember all these other details but can't remember any other speakers at a "Civic Association Meeting". Sounds suspicious and coordinated.
Again, you miss the real point... the media is making something out of nothing here while they make nothing where there's something they (the media) deliberately chose to cover up... and you're still being hypocritical in failing to hold Democrats to the same standard you want Scalise held to... incredible.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Again, you miss the real point... the media is making something out of nothing here while they make nothing where there's something they (the media) deliberately chose to cover up... and you're still being hypocritical in failing to hold Democrats to the same standard you want Scalise held to... incredible.

Scalise is the third highest ranking Republican in the House, I'll be damned if they let him get a pass. I am holding the same standard, what do you want? For me to say Byrd should be fired? Because he has held office for over 50 years, we can't do anything now he is ancient. As compared to Scalise who has done something more recent and has done nothing notable to even counteract the fact he spoke at a rally or was affiliates with a KKK member.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox