Rep Steve Scalise of LA, # 3 Republican in the House, addressed a group of white supremacists in '02

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
If you don't know, then why did you say that it's hard to believe? A history lesson for you...Besides hating Blacks and Jews, the Klan also hates Catholics. Scalise is an Italian name, and most Italians are Catholic. The man was guilty of being stupid, not of being a racsist. Had he known that group's agenda, he never would have shown up.:p

So what you are saying he is stupid to not see a White Supremacist group?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Why wouldn't it, if they are telling the truth. Contrary to what you may believe about me, I am very racially open to people. Had white friends, had Hispanic girlfriends, had a lot of Asian friends, plenty of black friends. I am actually one of the more popular people back from my school as I made it my mission to meet and get to know people, as I love people as a whole.

To think, you assumed so much about me from a few paragraphs on the internet is not that shocking.

It was easy to deduct from all of your racial posts.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
It was easy to deduct from all of your racial posts.

Nothing I have actually said is racist. If anything I have seen a few posters here and on ACs politics section say blatantly ignorant things. Nothing I have said would indicate I am racist, you don't have to agree with what I say, but make no mistake in assuming my actual character.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Nothing I have actually said is racist. If anything I have seen a few posters here and on ACs politics section say blatantly ignorant things. Nothing I have said would indicate I am racist, you don't have to agree with what I say, but make no mistake in assuming my actual character.

Ok. Go back and read your posts on here and AC. You attempt to inject race into every thread, and your racism has been called out many times.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Ok. Go back and read your posts on here and AC. You attempt to inject race into every thread, and your racism has been called out many times.

No what happens is someone else brings up race, I comment like everyone else and then people jump on me because they don't like what I say. Again, you can call me what you want online, I don't care, but I am no racist. I mean read the OP, that is what I am commenting on, nothing more nothing less. I will not continue to venture OT with you because again, you don't like what I have to say.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
GOP backing Scalise it seems, citing that he did not know they were actually legally recognized as a hate group. I am finding this extremely unlikely, I mean a lawmaker not knowing this sounds either ignorant, or he knew but does not want to admit it.

http://news.yahoo.com/republican-leaders-back-lawmaker-spoke-white-supremacist-event-211239508.html

In this day and age, if he didn't "know," then he's the biggest doofus walking the earth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
In this day and age, if he didn't "know," then he's the biggest doofus walking the earth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly what this person said:

Some conservative pundits have condemned Scalise, and even called for him to step down. "How the hell does somebody show up at a David Duke organized event in 2002 and claim ignorance?"*wrote Erick Erickson*of Redstate. Former Bush aide*Peter Wehner tweeted,*"Rep Scalise should resign his leadership post. The party of Lincoln shouldn't have as its #3 a keynoter at a white supremacist convention."

From this article:

http://www.vox.com/2014/12/30/7468979/steve-scalise-david-duke

A good read on the whole thing.

franknasty

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
No what happens is someone else brings up race, I comment like everyone else and then people jump on me because they don't like what I say. Again, you can call me what you want online, I don't care, but I am no racist. I mean read the OP, that is what I am commenting on, nothing more nothing less. I will not continue to venture OT with you because again, you don't like what I have to say.

Wonders, why do they turn on you? Lack of substance? Nothing but fluff.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Wonders, why do they turn on you? Lack of substance? Nothing but fluff.

Again these personal attacks don't further the current topic. I don't care what you think, this constant OT discussion about what you think of me is irrelevant.

franknasty

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
Again these personal attacks don't further the current topic. I don't care what you think, this constant OT discussion about what you think of me is irrelevant.

I have no opinion of you. You just like to "shock and aww" people to get a response. That my friend is fact.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I have no opinion of you. You just like to "shock and aww" people to get a response. That my friend is fact.

Lol, "shock and aww". No. I have been a avid reader of mobile nations for over 2 years, to say I want some reaction is absurd, I don't know how you can tell me what I want. Your assumptions are your own opinion, not reality.

franknasty

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
Lol, "shock and aww". No. I have been a avid reader of mobile nations for over 2 years, to say I want some reaction is absurd, I don't know how you can tell me what I want. Your assumptions are your own opinion, not reality.

Seriously. "Shock and aww." you, only like to discuss race issues. Besides, it's covered by the First amendment.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Seriously. "Shock and aww." you, only like to discuss race issues. Besides, it's covered by the First amendment.

Oh my god, lol. This thread is about someone going to a racist groups assembly. Are you serious? Lol