Now that the Democratic senators have released the report on the CIA's "torturing" of high-level terrorists, what are your thoughts on this issue?
    My opinion is that we are dealing with terrorists that like nothing more than killing Americans, whether by the actions of 9/11, beheadings, suicide bombers, etc. Therefore, IMO, we should be able to use any measures available to prevent any further American deaths. Those enhanced interrogations provided our government with a lot of intel that probably thwarted some future attack plans, and also helped to get Bin Laden.
    I mean, what are we supposed to do when Americans die? Do we put the terrorists in "time-out" till they talk? /smh
    12-10-2014 11:26 AM
    The Democrats are aiding and abetting the enemy..plain and simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Premium1 likes this.
    12-10-2014 11:42 AM
    Now that the Democratic senators have released the report on the CIA's "torturing" of high-level terrorists, what are your thoughts on this issue?
    My opinion is that we are dealing with terrorists that like nothing more than killing Americans, whether by the actions of 9/11, beheadings, suicide bombers, etc. Therefore, IMO, we should be able to use any measures available to prevent any further American deaths. Those enhanced interrogations provided our government with a lot of intel that probably thwarted some future attack plans, and also helped to get Bin Laden.
    I mean, what are we supposed to do when Americans die? Do we put the terrorists in "time-out" till they talk? /smh
    I agree with Republican John McCain.

Pappy, you're a devout christian. have you asked yourself, "What would Jesus do?". Would he make detainees stand on broken limbs for hours?, deprived people of sleep for up to 180 hours?, waterboard a person a hundred times?, body slap people? pour cold water on naked people, and let at least one guy die from hypothermia?
    co_mtn_grl likes this.
    12-10-2014 11:56 AM
    I think the timing and release of the documents is awfully convenient for political motivation myself...

...I also think that interrogation tactics are things that society in general was never meant to be privy to, and that there are lots of things our government does, moral or not, that need to be done but also need to be kept in secrecy...unfortunately we live in an age of translucency, and people are going to start seeing how this country has acted almost since it's inception. How the freedoms we enjoy come at a cost that a lot of people may not be ok with.

Ignorance is bliss.
    12-10-2014 12:10 PM

Pappy, you're a devout christian. have you asked yourself, "What would Jesus do?". Would he make detainees stand on broken limbs for hours?, deprived people of sleep for up to 180 hours?, waterboard a person a hundred times?, body slap people? pour cold water on naked people, and let at least one guy die from hypothermia?
    Jesus drowned thousands of Egyptians in the Red Sea to protect his people. I believe in taking the means necessary to keep Americans alive, and safe as possible from terrorists.
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    12-10-2014 12:14 PM
    Amen, Sean!
    12-10-2014 12:15 PM
    Isn't it ironic that the methods "exposed" as torture and offensive in this report are those same methods used to locate, capture and dispose of the terrorist leaders and organizers, including Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden? This smacks of dirty politics and situational ethics in the highest degree.
    12-10-2014 12:19 PM
    As Sean and Hank say, it smacks of politics.
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    12-10-2014 12:22 PM
    Jesus drowned thousands of Egyptians in the Red Sea to protect his people. I believe in taking the means necessary to keep Americans alive, and safe as possible from terrorists.
    Wow! So you believe that Jesus would torture people?
    12-10-2014 12:37 PM
    That didn't take long. Off topic we go.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    12-10-2014 12:39 PM
    He did what was necessary to protect his people. Now, let's not get off topic, please.
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    12-10-2014 12:42 PM
    He doesn't need to - he knows everything.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    shief24 likes this.
    12-10-2014 12:43 PM
    I agree with RINO John McCain.
    There you go. All fixed now.
    12-10-2014 12:44 PM
    Nice thought-ending cliche...
    the_tech_eater and hydrogen3 like this.
    12-10-2014 12:46 PM

Let's look at it from another angle. Just imagine that a group of terrorists kidnapped a close family member of yours, and one of the terrorists was captured. The only way to get that family member back alive is to "torture" the terrorist in custody to get info. Now, you have to ask yourself "what would Palandri do?" .

12-10-2014 02:20 PM
    palandri, are you goofing on the Lord? Hey, dude, Are you losing touch?
    12-10-2014 02:33 PM
    My thoughts courtesy of Ivan Drago,

if he dies, he dies!
    12-10-2014 03:32 PM
    Let's look at it from another angle. Just imagine that a group of terrorists kidnapped a close family member of yours, and one of the terrorists was captured. The only way to get that family member back alive is to "torture" the terrorist in custody to get info. Now, you have to ask yourself "what would Palandri do?" .

I don't think the argument is whether we should torture or not, the issue is torture doesn't work, steady according to the report in terms if the info we received.
    12-10-2014 03:33 PM
    I'm not really into politics, but my opinion is.. Its only fair. Terrorist behead, suicide bomb, kidnap Americans all the time. So I see its only right we torture the f*** out of them in return for Intel. As it was stated by the OP, giving em "time out" doesn't solve s***. Its kinda like how when we take P.O.W's, we're suppose to treat them nice while their comrades are shooting at american troops in attempt to kill them. We know damn well if they take an American soldier hostage, they're beheading em on national TV.
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    12-10-2014 03:46 PM
    I'm not really into politics, but my opinion is.. Its only fair. Terrorist behead, suicide bomb, kidnap Americans all the time. So I see its only right we torture the f*** out of them in return for Intel. As it was stated by the OP, giving em "time out" doesn't solve s***. Its kinda like how when we take P.O.W's, we're suppose to treat them nice while their comrades are shooting at american troops in attempt to kill them. We know damn well if they take an American soldier hostage, they're beheading em on national TV.
    Again, the assumption is that torturing means you'll get credible and useful information. The studies show he opposite, most anyone under torture will say whatever you want them to say.

Moreover, you are assuming hey are guilty , it's a very slippery slope.
    shief24 likes this.
    12-10-2014 04:18 PM
    Again, the assumption is that torturing means you'll get credible and useful information. The studies show he opposite, most anyone under torture will say whatever you want them to say.

So, the CIA torturing captured terrorists to get useful information is wrong. But Obama ordering drone strikes that kill entire households or even entire villages is ok when the result is annihilation of a bad guy leader? For the sake of political correctness, let’s call that a "subtle inconsistency". Either the end justifies the means or it doesn't.
    Last edited by HankAZ; 12-10-2014 at 04:43 PM.
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    12-10-2014 04:28 PM

It is a very slippery slope, but ya gotta start somewhere to get where you're headed. Like hank said, Obama is bombing Syria killing innocent ppl to stop ISIS. Why not go in & capture a few em & torture them ? My whole outlook is an eye for an eye. You kill one of ours, we kill several of yours. I don't condone the killing of the innocent Syrian ppl though. We did it in Iraq, Afghanistan, & Pakistan. So, why not go in Syria & take em into custody & get the Intel. We're already basically at war or in a better term still at war with terrorism.
    12-10-2014 04:42 PM
    I don't think the argument is whether we should torture or not, the issue is torture doesn't work, steady according to the report in terms if the info we received.
    According to what report? The Senate report did not even interview any CIA people, so how would they know that it doesn't work. The Intel that we got came from somewhere.

12-10-2014 04:43 PM
    He's referencing a media report that the information received, many times, through these types of interrogation tactics are drawn more so from the person being tortured saying whatever they need to to make the torture stop, and not actually giving hard evidence. The "report" he's referencing is basically trying to say if you torture 100 guys, and they all give you whatever you want to hear to make the torturing stop, you'll eventually get information that probably would have been available to you anyways without torturing them, or that the info you received wasn't actually something they "knew", but more so the tortured prisoner giving you random info that happens to coincide with actual happenings.

I personally think it's a load of BS and that we get plenty of information from torturing people...and sometimes we don't...and that it's always been like that because that is the nature of human beings. Some will break, some will bend and some will die with their secrets.
    12-10-2014 05:00 PM
    Senate Democrats released the report and it's a Propaganda Bonanza.. It's political discourse and hatred. Dianne Feinstein is throwing in with the enemy.

The real question. Who benefits from the release of this report? The techniques described were mostly terminated by the Bush administration in 2007, so the situations detailed are at least 7 years old, if not older. Are they going to press charges? If not, then what is the purpose of releasing this information? To whose benefit? The Democrats that's who!
    12-10-2014 05:19 PM
351 123 ...