Thoughts on Senate CIA report

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I mean if you're going to recommend that there are better ways, why not offer examples?

I am against torture. I believe in our due process. I believe in having allies. I believe in The Geneva Conventions. I believe we can be better then our enemies. Your challenge that torture is the only way is false. I don't need to rise to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
John McCain come on, they probably beat the **** out of him just to shut him up. He should not even be a state Senator and to run for president, what a waste of an election year. His judgement is clouded by what he went through in Vietnam.

Sent from my wrapped in leather iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

You're repulsive.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
John McCain come on, they probably beat the **** out of him just to shut him up. He should not even be a state Senator and to run for president, what a waste of an election year. His judgement is clouded by what he went through in Vietnam.

McCain is a war hero. If anyone knows the definition of torture, he does.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using 100% recycled electrons and of course Tapatalk

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
McCain is a war hero. If anyone knows the definition of torture, he does.

And that is the way he should have stayed remembered, not a bleeding heart liberal. I do respect him for his service in the military didn't mean to be so harsh.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
And that is the way he should have stayed remembered, not a bleeding heart liberal. I do respect him for his service in the military didn't mean to be so harsh.

A liberal? Because of one thing you disagree on you cast him aside?

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
A liberal? Because of one thing you disagree on you cast him aside?

John McCain is a Politician and that leaves him open for bashing good or bad, I never agreed with his politics in the past.

I just don't feel a man who went through what he did can make the right judgment in these matters; there is a conflict of interest. When he was nominated the republican candidate I cringed at the thought of him being President.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
John McCain is a Politician and that leaves him open for bashing good or bad, I never agreed with his politics in the past.

I just don't feel a man who went through what he did can make the right judgment in these matters; there is a conflict of interest. When he was nominated the republican candidate I cringed at the thought of him being President.

That's consistent with me being okay if he had won.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
That's consistent with me being okay if he had won.

:) Okay, I also cringed when the other guy won, but I do give him credit for trying to take on health care, I wish the republicans had put as much effort into fixing health care as they did trying to keep Obama out of office.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Off with their heads. Do on to others as they do on to you

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I am against torture. I believe in our due process. I believe in having allies. I believe in The Geneva Conventions. I believe we can be better then our enemies. Your challenge that torture is the only way is false. I don't need to rise to it.

Except I never said that, you put those words into my mouth because you have no legitimate answer to my question...it's ok to say "I don't know."

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I voted for Obama yet I think your statement is unfair towards Sen. McCain, especially on matters of torture. Furthermore, he was elected to be a senator via a democratic process.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
:) Okay, I also cringed when the other guy won, but I do give him credit for trying to take on health care, I wish the republicans had put as much effort into fixing health care as they did trying to keep Obama out of office.

The only problem.. We didn't succeed. Praise the lord the country is being torn apart

As I said before the Democrats want to destroy this country

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I voted for Obama yet I think your statement is unfair towards Sen. McCain, especially on matters of torture. Furthermore, he was elected to be a senator via a democratic process.

Maybe unfair and a little harsh, but I felt the same way when Ross Perot had Admiral Stockdale as a running mate. I felt bad for the man he had no business being there; I feel the same about John McCain.

I just feel that when a man goes through what they did there competence in decisions as these are in question. You may think I’m wrong, but that’s how I feel.

Believe me I’m not for torturing people, but I am for stopping all threats against my Country.

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I just feel that when a man goes through what they did there competence in decisions as these are in question. You may think I’m wrong, but that’s how I feel.

Believe me I’m not for torturing people, but I am for stopping all threats against my Country.

That's fine, you're entitled to express your opinions. I simply disagree with you on Sen. McCain: His opinion on torture seems very coherent and competent.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
That's fine, you're entitled to express your opinions. I simply disagree with you on Sen. McCain: His opinion on torture seems very coherent and competent.

We are at war with a serious group of people that want to kill you just for having the freedom of our opinions and way of life. All the reasoning and talking is not going to change the way they think. The people like John McCain, Dianne Feinstein are not wartime senators we don’t need our dirty laundry air to our enemy’s. Neither do we have a wartime President.

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
We are at war with a serious group of people that want to kill you just for having the freedom of our opinions and way of life. All the reasoning and talking is not going to change the way they think. The people like John McCain, Dianne Feinstein are not wartime senators we don’t need our dirty laundry air to our enemy’s.

And because you disagree with McCain he's not worthy of being a senator? He'd done plenty for his constituents and his country. Again, my dispute with you is not about torture per se but about a senator who has expressed his feelings (and opinions) publicly. More power to him.
Besides, we cannot elect senators in peacetime and then unseat them in wartime. They've been elected via democratic process and if you believe in democracy than that's the way it works.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
And because you disagree with McCain he's not worthy of being a senator? He'd done plenty for his constituents and his country. Again, my dispute with you is not about torture per se but about a senator who has expressed his feelings (and opinions) publicly. More power to him.
Besides, we cannot elect senators in peacetime and then unseat them in wartime. They've been elected via democratic process and if you believe in democracy than that's the way it works.

"McCain he's not worthy of being a senator?" No.

I just answered why I think he is not worthy of being a senator.