Thoughts on Senate CIA report

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
That editorial you linked to isn't scripture. How do you reconcile: "In every case, we see that the godly are the victims of torture, never the perpetrators of torture." With the authors conclusions that a government isn't prohibited from using torture in God's name?

I read the author's justification and it is exactly the same B.S that radicals use to justify themselves.

I'm sorry but you think you know me but you don't. And if you think Jesus would approve torture you need to take a hard look at what you believe and what His teachings are about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What in the world are you talking about? Did you visit a website that was different than the one that was linked in the quote I provided you? The author provided scriptural citations to back up the information he/she was providing, as well as expounding that many of the more specific questions asked within this subject were not something the bible even touched on, providing simply that it instills the idea that people of authority would pray on such situations in hopes of guidance with the decision making (which was kind of an obvious statement, but it was stated none the less).

I literally have no idea how you equated this Q&A website (which covers an enormous spectrum of questions, most very distanced from what we're discussing here) to that of a radical's line of thinking.

As far as not knowing you...I never claimed to. This was another weird and baffling comment you made. I became very curious if you were responding to someone else but for some reason quoted my comment/link...because your response is very confusing.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
What in the world are you talking about? Did you visit a website that was different than the one that was linked in the quote I provided you? The author provided scriptural citations to back up the information he/she was providing, as well as expounding that many of the more specific questions asked within this subject were not something the bible even touched on, providing simply that it instills the idea that people of authority would pray on such situations in hopes of guidance with the decision making (which was kind of an obvious statement, but it was stated none the less).

I literally have no idea how you equated this Q&A website (which covers an enormous spectrum of questions, most very distanced from what we're discussing here) to that of a radical's line of thinking.

As far as not knowing you...I never claimed to. This was another weird and baffling comment you made. I became very curious if you were responding to someone else but for some reason quoted my comment/link...because your response is very confusing.

That Q & A was written by someone picking and choosing to support their belief that torture and war by a government can be justified. It all comes from his book on the subject. None of the q & A or his book are scripture.

There is a big pig pile here that because i am not a rank and file Christian my views are hypocritical. You may enjoy parsing words and responses and who originally said what, I am just not interested in that kind of detail. I can just defend against the whole pile and expect we can all follow the thread.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
That Q & A was written by someone picking and choosing to support their belief that torture and war by a government can be justified. It all comes from his book on the subject. None of the q & A or his book are scripture.

There is a big pig pile here that because i am not a rank and file Christian my views are hypocritical. You may enjoy parsing words and responses and who originally said what, I am just not interested in that kind of detail. I can just defend against the whole pile and expect we can all follow the thread.

You are literally full of sh*t. Do you even know who the author is? The pages are reflected as a team effort, not written specifically by any one person within that group. The only book series the site creator has is a group of typical Christian leadership and reflective literature. Can you link to this information you keep clamoring about being radical? Or are you just creating it out of thin air?

As far as your first comment...about picking and choosing scripture to support their belief. That is EXACTLY what you were doing earlier. Hypocritical much? And I think you have a reading comprehension issue...I said the author gave scriptural citation, I never once said the words provided on the site were all scripture.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
You are literally full of sh*t. Do you even know who the author is? The pages are reflected as a team effort, not written specifically by any one person within that group. The only book series the site creator has is a group of typical Christian leadership and reflective literature. Can you link to this information you keep clamoring about being radical? Or are you just creating it out of thin air?

As far as your first comment...about picking and choosing scripture to support their belief. That is EXACTLY what you were doing earlier. Hypocritical much? And I think you have a reading comprehension issue...I said the author gave scriptural citation, I never once said the words provided on the site were all scripture.

You're too abrasive to bother with. Cheers.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
This thread has covered the following:
- having ideals - for me Ben Franklin quote says it all
- a moral argument against torture - enough has been said I think.
- by those that know torture - I'm with John McCain on this one. It is ineffective and wrong.
- a world view that if we misbehave it give the future radicals fuel to recruit. This is the most debatable but the least important IMO.

How about a legal argument - this is just a part of it but let's start with this:
6th amendment:
Sixth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

8th amendment:
Eighth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Who is going to dare come back with the retort: This is interrogation not punishment. In advance I say, give me a break. When the government comes for you or your family in the future using this same justification what will you think then? The cliche 'The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions' is appropriate.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Thought you were done?

If you want to get into a legal argument...it would behoove you to understand what administrative law is, and then understand why your above points are moot.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Thought you were done?

If you want to get into a legal argument...it would behoove you to understand what administrative law is, and then understand why your above points are moot.

How they wrangled it to make it legal disgusts me. In the same way executive orders on immigration disgust people today.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
How they wrangled it to make it legal disgusts me. In the same way executive orders on immigration disgust people today.

Nothing was "wrangled", the system was in place. It's strange to me that you feel these terrorists deserve the same benefits of being Americans as an actual citizen of this country does (in response to your citing constitutional rights above).

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
This thread has covered the following:
- having ideals - for me Ben Franklin quote says it all
- a moral argument against torture - enough has been said I think.
- by those that know torture - I'm with John McCain on this one. It is ineffective and wrong.
- a world view that if we misbehave it give the future radicals fuel to recruit. This is the most debatable but the least important IMO.

How about a legal argument - this is just a part of it but let's start with this:
6th amendment:
Sixth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

8th amendment:
Eighth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Who is going to dare come back with the retort: This is interrogation not punishment. In advance I say, give me a break. When the government comes for you or your family in the future using this same justification what will you think then? The cliche 'The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions' is appropriate.

Your reasoning baffles me, all this would only work in a perfect world.

Sent from my wrapped in leather iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR