Thoughts on Senate CIA report

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Bringing the thread back towards reality and sanity... I'll observe the peope now whining the CIA went too far would be blaming the CIA for not doing enough had there been a large scale terrorist attack...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Rectal Rehydration? Beatings? Forcing food up someones *** is painless? near Drownings? Sleep Deprivation? None of that is painless.

I don't recall anything about beatings. I was referring to water boarding and other means. I didn't say "painless". You said that. I said it does no physical harm.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I don't recall anything about beatings. I was referring to water boarding and other means. I didn't say "painless". You said that. I said it does no physical harm.

It does doe physical harm. All of that does. That is why it is called torture in the first place.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site

If it did no physical harm, then what is the point of this entire discussion? I don't have a hard stance on either side of the fence, but that statement made zero sense.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
It does doe physical harm. All of that does. That is why it is called torture in the first place.

I'll ask you the same that I asked Palandri. If your family member was in the hands of terrorists, and this interrogation was the only way to get info to get them back alive, would you agree to the enhanced interrogation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I'll ask you the same that I asked Palandri. If your family member was in the hands of terrorists, and this interrogation was the only way to get info to get them back alive, would you agree to the enhanced interrogation?

No, because I am not one for revenge. If anything I would want them to rot in prison for life, but torture? That is something no one deserves.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
No, because I am not one for revenge. If anything I would want them to rot in prison for life, but torture? That is something no one deserves.

So, you would let them die? Unbelievable. You are a left-winger of the highest degree.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
No, it does not. It's just an uncomfortable feeling. What physical harm is done? Many who have administered it have had it done to them so they would know what it's like.

Not to take up or support A895, but you're wrong about this...lol. The torturing that occurred definitely did cause physical harm...and usually does. Even waterboarding can cause damage to the esophagus and lungs (just like almost drowning can)...

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
So, you would let them die? Unbelievable. You are a left-winger of the highest degree.

I'm sorry if torture doesn't appeal to me. And we can negotiate with them, as evidenced in the past. It doesn't have to come down to torturing someone.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
We have negotiated captives returns from terrorists before.

Negotiating "captives" is one tiny little piece of the pie bud...this CIA report wasn't even really about info on captives, it was about attacks on the US homeland and US interests. Can't really negotiate that kind of info out...kind of defeats the purpose for them.

Smply_Rcklss

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site

Nothing against u, but if someone kidnapped my 3yr old daughter, raped her & did other sick **** to her. I'm torturing that person to death slowly. I might even take it a step further & kidnap a loved one of there's also. In some cases I don't believe going to prison is an option for some as punishment. I just can't wrap my head around why u would. The justice system has failed many before, so what if that person gets 15 years or so & gets out & does it again. You could've been the one to stop it from happening again.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Negotiating "captives" is one tiny little piece of the pie bud...this CIA report wasn't even really about info on captives, it was about attacks on the US homeland and US interests. Can't really negotiate that kind of info out...kind of defeats the purpose for them.

I was referring back to how we used to negotiate for captives. But for security Intel, we need better ways to find out Intel from the unwilling.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Nothing against u, but if someone kidnapped my 3yr old daughter, raped her & did other sick **** to her. I'm torturing that person to death slowly. I might even take it a step further & kidnap a loved one of there's also. In some cases I don't believe going to prison is an option for some as punishment. I just can't wrap my head around why u would. The justice system has failed many before, so what if that person gets 15 years or so & gets out & does it again. You could've been the one to stop it from happening again.
For prison sentences for terrorists they serve life period. I can't justify personally torturing someone.

Smply_Rcklss

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
For prison sentences for terrorists they serve life period. I can't justify personally torturing someone.

I'm not talking about terrorist though. I'm speaking of torture. Someone asked if a loved one was kidnapped, would u be able to still not justify it ?

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm not talking about terrorist though. I'm speaking of torture. Someone asked if a loved one was kidnapped, would u be able to still not justify it ?
Nope. Torture itself may not be one of the Main reasons middle eastern organizations hate us it does tarnish our image as a land of being free.

Torture could further provoke these people to take action against us. This us way we need better ways of interrogation or learning information.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Torture itself may not be one of the Main reasons middle eastern organizations hate us it does tarnish our image as a land of being free.

Torture could further provoke these people to take action against us. This us way we need better ways of interrogation or learning information.

You are sick.
Or either a 20 year-old college student that has been brainwashed by liberal professors.
Or both.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro