Thoughts on Senate CIA report

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Again, this is NOT what the report said. The report specified that the torturing of prisoners did not yield legitimate amounts of IMMINENT threats. At no time does it say that nothing was obtained, or a gauge on the value of the content that was obtained.

And then again, like any logical person who understands how our government works would know...the information provided in this report is the tip of the iceberg. Basically, we still know almost NOTHING about what really happens, and what really is obtained/not obtained from these methods of interrogation.
Of course we don't know everything. But we know for a fact they have lied in the past. We don't need an agency who lies to the people about what they do and what they have learned.

If anything the two doctors who ran this program should be reprimanded for this nonsense. They recieved 81 million dollars for this. In the report itself, it talks about how even people of the CIA were uncomfortable with what they were doing. That is telling in itself.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Lol, anyone who uses "the liberal media" in a sentence can't be taken seriously

So you think the major networks (ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC and NBC, plus the majority of the newspapers in America) are NOT liberal? Note that I left FoxNews out of that because I know how much you hate them.

Sorry if you cannot handle the truth of the situation.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
So you think the major networks (ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC and NBC, plus the majority of the newspapers in America) are NOT liberal? Note that I left FoxNews out of that because I know how much you hate them.

Sorry if you cannot handle the truth of the situation.

No I think it's simply a joke of a statement, the liberal media.... The fact that you complained 1 year later they weren't running endless reruns of the towers collapsing was even funnier.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
As long as we should. You make 9/11 sound like Pearl Harbor or the Lincoln assassination. It was only 13 years ago.
Did you forget everything we have done too? The Drone bombings, the decade long war, the torture, it just goes on and on. Killings thousands to avenge thousands makes zero sense.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Did you forget everything we have done too? The Drone bombings, the decade long war, the torture, it just goes on and on. Killings thousands to avenge thousands makes zero sense.

Warfare has gone on for centuries. It's never going to stop and it won't start here. Again, it only happened 13 years ago. Were we supposed to just do what we did and wipe our hands after that and say it's over?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
A895, we only know so much about warfare as it immediately happens because of the era we live in. Some pretty hasty stuff went on during the previous wars the U.S. was involved in in recent history. Things were kept quiet. You would have had a heart attack if you knew the stuff that was going on if you think what goes on now is bad.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
No I think it's simply a joke of a statement, the liberal media.... The fact that you complained 1 year later they weren't running endless reruns of the towers collapsing was even funnier.

Do not put words in my mouth. I never said anything about "endless reruns" of anything. But they are trying to rewrite history by refusing to ever show it - even on 9/11 as a reminder or memorial. It’s a fact that it happened. It’s part of the American story now.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Warfare has gone on for centuries. It's never going to stop and it won't start here. Again, it only happened 13 years ago. Were we supposed to just do what we did and wipe our hands after that and say it's over?

It is over now, we pulled out of the majority of our troops. Ended that war, and the torture program is done.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
A895, we only know so much about warfare as it immediately happens because of the era we live in. Some pretty hasty stuff went on during the previous wars the U.S. was involved in in recent history. Things were kept quiet. You would have had a heart attack if you knew the stuff that was going on if you think what goes on now is bad.

I doubt anything will shock me like that.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
What else could there possibly be?

You honestly can say to yourself that if the U.S. just all together stops that terrorist organizations such as ISIS would just let things be because all of a sudden the United States has stop engaging in warfare? You're talking about people who think "god" is telling them to eliminate Americans because of foreign policies.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
You honestly can say to yourself that if the U.S. just all together stops that terrorist organizations such as ISIS would just let things be because all of a sudden the United States has stop engaging in warfare? You're talking about people who think "god" is telling them to eliminate Americans because of foreign policies.

I never said that, you are twisting my words. I am saying that two wrongs don't make a right. You can't fight evil with evil. And as far we know collectively, ISIS poses no.imminent threat to the U.S., not only that those weak drone strikes we have been doing have been hurting people.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I never said that, you are twisting my words. I am saying that two wrongs don't make a right. You can't fight evil with evil. And as far we know collectively, ISIS poses no.imminent threat to the U.S., not only that those weak drone strikes we have been doing have been hurting people.

No imminent threat? Tell that to the family of this man. Water boarding is heinous? Tell that to the family of this man!
http://nypost.com/2014/12/11/isis-wants-1m-for-james-foleys-headless-body/

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73