Al Queda has done their share of beheadings. You sure are misinformed about a lot of things. And you make a lot if assumptions. Al Queda was responsible for the beheading of Daniel Pearl and many others. They have recently tried to improve their image by denouncing the ISIS beheadings. Or so Al Queda leader, Nasr bin Ali al-Ansi, says. Like we're supposed to buy into that. Go sit around a desert campfire and sing Kumbayah with a camel breathing down my neck. Nope! What they do is real torture. And they do it mostly to their own. And any Christians they can round up. There's a huge difference in the techniques the US used and real torture committed by those desert barbarians. But you go ahead and believe what you will. I'll leave it at that.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    Real torture? So forcing food up someone *** isn't torture? Or waterboarding? Or the beatings? Or the forced isolation in small confinements?

And no, I never freaking said Al Queda didn't do beheadings that is twisting my words which you and others do constantly. I am saying Al Queda isn't known for public brutality like ISIS. I mean ISIS whole shtick is using social media and putting out beheading videos. That is something Al Queda didn't do.

U.S. used horrible torture techniques period, point blank. There is no excusing doing things such as that. There is a point where it goes from trying to get Intel to being brutal just for the hell of it.
    As per the reports contents they were being brutal just because. As I said, I am glad this program is now done and over with. Unless we can find more humane ways to gather Intel, I don't think we should do any more interrogation.
    12-13-2014 12:50 AM
    And no, I never freaking said Al Queda didn't do beheadings that is twisting my words which you and others do constantly. I am saying Al Queda isn't known for public brutality like ISIS. I mean ISIS whole shtick is using social media and putting out beheading videos. That is something Al Queda didn't do.
    Let's clarify one thing here...al QAEDA, lol.

Secondly...your exact words were "Al Queda wasn't known for brutality"...so I know I for one wasn't twisting your words around at all. Al Qaeda was known for the exact same brutal and violent methods that ISIS is, and mainly because the same people in ISIS were leaders in al qaeda as well, so the methods would be some what linear. Al qaeda used to stop caravans of supply runners in Iraq, drag the drivers out of the cars, line them up...some of them are hacked to death, others are shot to death and then all of them along with their trucks were set on fire (many of the trucks being filled with food and water for various villages). They would then air this on television and put it online in their various networks.

They were JUST as violent as ISIS, JUST as brutal...and did it for attention in the same way by putting it in the public eye. The only difference we really have right now is that ISIS is doing more in the spotlight. I hate to say it, but I truly think al qaeda is back building while ISIS takes so much attention away.
    12-13-2014 01:14 AM
    U.S. used horrible torture techniques period, point blank.
    You'll have to forgive me, but I wasn't aware there were "nice" torture techniques. Kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it? Torture is supposed to be shocking and despicable, otherwise we'd just call it intense interrogation.
    12-13-2014 01:16 AM
    Let's clarify one thing here...al QAEDA, lol.

Secondly...your exact words were "Al Queda wasn't known for brutality"...so I know I for one wasn't twisting your words around at all. Al Qaeda was known for the exact same brutal and violent methods that ISIS is, and mainly because the same people in ISIS were leaders in al qaeda as well, so the methods would be some what linear. Al qaeda used to stop caravans of supply runners in Iraq, drag the drivers out of the cars, line them up...some of them are hacked to death, others are shot to death and then all of them along with their trucks were set on fire (many of the trucks being filled with food and water for various villages). They would then air this on television and put it online in their various networks.

They were JUST as violent as ISIS, JUST as brutal...and did it for attention in the same way by putting it in the public eye. The only difference we really have right now is that ISIS is doing more in the spotlight. I hate to say it, but I truly think al qaeda is back building while ISIS takes so much attention away.
    When I think of Al Qaeda, I don't think of nor remember anything like ISIS is doing. Though I do agree with the world attention on ISIS, Al Qaeda can have something going on behind the scenes. I hope the govt is still keeping eyes on then.
    12-13-2014 01:18 AM
    You'll have to forgive me, but I wasn't aware there were "nice" torture techniques. Kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it? Torture is supposed to be shocking and despicable, otherwise we'd just call it intense interrogation.
    Lol, what is funny is there have been people who have been calling it enhanced interrogation all week.
    12-13-2014 01:19 AM
    When I think of Al Qaeda, I don't think of nor remember anything like ISIS is doing. Though I do agree with the world attention on ISIS, Al Qaeda can have something going on behind the scenes. I hope the govt is still keeping eyes on then.
    Just do a simple google search on "al qaeda" and put words like "brutal" "violent" or "torture" and you'll get more stories than you could ever read about their tactics, most times against their own people (which is disgusting, but not surprising, since they wanted to cause shock value first and foremost to generate press).

As far as the government keeping eyes on them...the US government is almost constantly in missions taking down the leaders of these groups. There isn't a second of the day where our government isn't monitoring and actively pursuing everything we know about these groups and other groups that you never heard about because they aren't as appetizing for the media to consume.
    12-13-2014 01:32 AM
    Lol, what is funny is there have been people who have been calling it enhanced interrogation all week.
    That's what it is! It doesn't actually do physical harm. Does it make them uncomfortable? Yes! It's supposed to. You've apparently never watched a video of a beheading. I'm talking the whole thing from beginning to end. I have. I wish I had not. But having seen what those sand barbarians do, I would hope our people would do anything necessary to save our own. If that includes water boarding, which does absolutely no harm, then so be it.

12-13-2014 08:35 AM
    That's what it is! It doesn't actually do physical harm. Does it make them uncomfortable? Yes! It's supposed to. You've apparently never watched a video of a beheading. I'm talking the whole thing from beginning to end. I have. I wish I had not. But having seen what those sand barbarians do, I would hope our people would do anything necessary to save our own. If that includes water boarding, which does absolutely no harm, then so be it.

Doesn't do physical harm? You are kidding right?
    12-13-2014 08:40 AM
    Doesn't do physical harm? You are kidding right?
    No, it does not. It's just an uncomfortable feeling. What physical harm is done? Many who have administered it have had it done to them so they would know what it's like.

12-13-2014 08:53 AM
    No, it does not. It's just an uncomfortable feeling. What physical harm is done? Many who have administered it have had it done to them so they would know what it's like.

Rectal Rehydration? Beatings? Forcing food up someones *** is painless? near Drownings? Sleep Deprivation? None of that is painless.
    12-13-2014 08:58 AM
    Bringing the thread back towards reality and sanity... I'll observe the peope now whining the CIA went too far would be blaming the CIA for not doing enough had there been a large scale terrorist attack...
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    12-13-2014 09:12 AM
    Rectal Rehydration? Beatings? Forcing food up someones *** is painless? near Drownings? Sleep Deprivation? None of that is painless.
    I don't recall anything about beatings. I was referring to water boarding and other means. I didn't say "painless". You said that. I said it does no physical harm.

12-13-2014 09:39 AM
    I don't recall anything about beatings. I was referring to water boarding and other means. I didn't say "painless". You said that. I said it does no physical harm.

It does doe physical harm. All of that does. That is why it is called torture in the first place.
    12-13-2014 09:47 AM

If it did no physical harm, then what is the point of this entire discussion? I don't have a hard stance on either side of the fence, but that statement made zero sense.
    12-13-2014 10:38 AM
    It does doe physical harm. All of that does. That is why it is called torture in the first place.
    I'll ask you the same that I asked Palandri. If your family member was in the hands of terrorists, and this interrogation was the only way to get info to get them back alive, would you agree to the enhanced interrogation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-13-2014 10:57 AM
    I'll ask you the same that I asked Palandri. If your family member was in the hands of terrorists, and this interrogation was the only way to get info to get them back alive, would you agree to the enhanced interrogation?

No, because I am not one for revenge. If anything I would want them to rot in prison for life, but torture? That is something no one deserves.
    12-13-2014 11:00 AM
    No, because I am not one for revenge. If anything I would want them to rot in prison for life, but torture? That is something no one deserves.
    So, you would let them die? Unbelievable. You are a left-winger of the highest degree.

12-13-2014 11:05 AM

Not to take up or support A895, but you're wrong about this...lol. The torturing that occurred definitely did cause physical harm...and usually does. Even waterboarding can cause damage to the esophagus and lungs (just like almost drowning can)...
    A895 likes this.
    12-13-2014 11:13 AM
    So, you would let them die? Unbelievable. You are a left-winger of the highest degree.

I'm sorry if torture doesn't appeal to me. And we can negotiate with them, as evidenced in the past. It doesn't have to come down to torturing someone.
    12-13-2014 11:24 AM
    Wow, just wow. You are one cold-hearted individual.

12-13-2014 11:45 AM
    I'm sorry if torture doesn't appeal to me. And we can negotiate with them, as evidenced in the past. It doesn't have to come down to torturing someone.
    What? lol!
    12-13-2014 11:46 AM
    What? lol!
    We have negotiated captives returns from terrorists before.
    12-13-2014 11:50 AM
    We have negotiated captives returns from terrorists before.
    Negotiating "captives" is one tiny little piece of the pie bud...this CIA report wasn't even really about info on captives, it was about attacks on the US homeland and US interests. Can't really negotiate that kind of info out...kind of defeats the purpose for them.
    12-13-2014 12:03 PM
    Nothing against u, but if someone kidnapped my 3yr old daughter, raped her & did other sick **** to her. I'm torturing that person to death slowly. I might even take it a step further & kidnap a loved one of there's also. In some cases I don't believe going to prison is an option for some as punishment. I just can't wrap my head around why u would. The justice system has failed many before, so what if that person gets 15 years or so & gets out & does it again. You could've been the one to stop it from happening again.
    12-13-2014 12:07 PM
    Negotiating "captives" is one tiny little piece of the pie bud...this CIA report wasn't even really about info on captives, it was about attacks on the US homeland and US interests. Can't really negotiate that kind of info out...kind of defeats the purpose for them.
    I was referring back to how we used to negotiate for captives. But for security Intel, we need better ways to find out Intel from the unwilling.
    12-13-2014 12:09 PM
351 ... 56789 ...