No I think it's simply a joke of a statement, the liberal media....
    Liberal Media
    12-12-2014 02:21 PM
    Did you forget everything we have done too? The Drone bombings, the decade long war, the torture, it just goes on and on. Killings thousands to avenge thousands makes zero sense.
    Warfare has gone on for centuries. It's never going to stop and it won't start here. Again, it only happened 13 years ago. Were we supposed to just do what we did and wipe our hands after that and say it's over?
    12-12-2014 02:22 PM
    A895, we only know so much about warfare as it immediately happens because of the era we live in. Some pretty hasty stuff went on during the previous wars the U.S. was involved in in recent history. Things were kept quiet. You would have had a heart attack if you knew the stuff that was going on if you think what goes on now is bad.
    12-12-2014 02:30 PM
    No I think it's simply a joke of a statement, the liberal media.... The fact that you complained 1 year later they weren't running endless reruns of the towers collapsing was even funnier.
    Do not put words in my mouth. I never said anything about "endless reruns" of anything. But they are trying to rewrite history by refusing to ever show it - even on 9/11 as a reminder or memorial. It’s a fact that it happened. It’s part of the American story now.
    12-12-2014 02:32 PM
    The Torture Report is being used by the left just as the right is (or should I say was) using Benghazi.
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    12-12-2014 02:35 PM
    Warfare has gone on for centuries. It's never going to stop and it won't start here. Again, it only happened 13 years ago. Were we supposed to just do what we did and wipe our hands after that and say it's over?
    It is over now, we pulled out of the majority of our troops. Ended that war, and the torture program is done.
    12-12-2014 02:50 PM
    A895, we only know so much about warfare as it immediately happens because of the era we live in. Some pretty hasty stuff went on during the previous wars the U.S. was involved in in recent history. Things were kept quiet. You would have had a heart attack if you knew the stuff that was going on if you think what goes on now is bad.
    I doubt anything will shock me like that.
    12-12-2014 02:52 PM
    The Torture Report is being used by the left just as the right is (or should I say was) using Benghazi.
    Ha, people still bring up Benghazi.
    12-12-2014 02:53 PM
    It is over now, we pulled out of the majority of our troops. Ended that war, and the torture program is done.
    That doesn't mean it's all over.
    12-12-2014 03:06 PM
    That doesn't mean it's all over.
    What else could there possibly be?
    12-12-2014 03:09 PM
    What else could there possibly be?
    You honestly can say to yourself that if the U.S. just all together stops that terrorist organizations such as ISIS would just let things be because all of a sudden the United States has stop engaging in warfare? You're talking about people who think "god" is telling them to eliminate Americans because of foreign policies.
    12-12-2014 03:26 PM
    You honestly can say to yourself that if the U.S. just all together stops that terrorist organizations such as ISIS would just let things be because all of a sudden the United States has stop engaging in warfare? You're talking about people who think "god" is telling them to eliminate Americans because of foreign policies.
    I never said that, you are twisting my words. I am saying that two wrongs don't make a right. You can't fight evil with evil. And as far we know collectively, ISIS poses no.imminent threat to the U.S., not only that those weak drone strikes we have been doing have been hurting people.
    12-12-2014 03:32 PM
    I never said that, you are twisting my words. I am saying that two wrongs don't make a right. You can't fight evil with evil.
    So what is your armchair president of the united states solution to fighting evil then?
    12-12-2014 03:46 PM
    So what is your armchair president of the united states solution to fighting evil then?
    Did I not just say we were doing drone strikes? Ineffective ones at that.
    12-12-2014 03:48 PM
    I never said that, you are twisting my words. I am saying that two wrongs don't make a right. You can't fight evil with evil. And as far we know collectively, ISIS poses no.imminent threat to the U.S., not only that those weak drone strikes we have been doing have been hurting people.
    No imminent threat? Tell that to the family of this man. Water boarding is heinous? Tell that to the family of this man!
    http://nypost.com/2014/12/11/isis-wa...headless-body/

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    12-12-2014 05:51 PM
    Did I not just say we were doing drone strikes? Ineffective ones at that.
    Now I know you're pulling my leg because you keep making points and then contradicting your point.
    12-12-2014 06:24 PM
    No imminent threat? Tell that to the family of this man. Water boarding is heinous? Tell that to the family of this man!
    http://nypost.com/2014/12/11/isis-wa...headless-body/

ISIS and Al Queda operatives that we were torturing are related in some way?
    12-12-2014 06:31 PM
    Now I know you're pulling my leg because you keep making points and then contradicting your point.
    But I already said that, you just skipped over it. That is your fault not mine.
    12-12-2014 06:32 PM
    I've always maintained that I want to be shown when the US captured an aid worker or journalist from a country where the terrorist groups originate, then tortured them to get information. The US has done some pretty gnarly things to captured terrorists, but when have they EVER tortured someone on the level of the people who groups like ISIS have been beheading?

These terrorist groups don't care who they kill because they are not doing it out of revenge...they are doing it to garner attention, and killing a solider, unfortunately, doesn't carry with it the same kind of attention that beheading an aid worker, or a journalist or an innocent bystander in a building with a plane.

We torture terrorists for answers...they behead innocent people for attention. In the end, there is no winning this "war" on terrorism because they simply exist...they aren't an entity we can go fight and beat and then call it a "win", they are ideas, histories and religious commands that will always be followed.
    Agree. Until every last one of them is wiped out, these things will happen all to frequently. It is a shame, but it is the world that we live in. It's also a shame how soft america is becoming and funny all these people come out of the woodwork "caring" when a report comes out, but a month or two down the road you won't hear anything about it. Same goes for all the things going on with police and doing things that in some cases maybe they shouldn't have. Nothing will change, because it cannot with the current parties and systems that are in place now.
    12-12-2014 06:37 PM
    Nail meet head
    12-12-2014 07:39 PM
    Most likely. Either way, they do the same thing.

12-12-2014 07:49 PM
    Most likely. Either way, they do the same thing.

They are two different groups. If ISIS beheads someone, that is ISIS, Al Queda wasn't known for brutality. We can't justify Al Queda torture to go against ISIS, that makes zero sense.

Yes it is sad someone was killed by ISIS, but killing a few americans isn't justifiable to jump into another war. Especially since we have domestic issues that need to be sorted and people getting slaughtered in our backyard (Mexico).

We can't pick and choose just because they are middle eastern. It's either handle the Mexico cartels and domestic issues like Net Neutrality, and healthcare and welfare. Or we divert resources and attention to start another war in the middle east.
    12-12-2014 07:54 PM
    ISIS divorced itself away from al qaeda less than a year ago...before then, you had several above the line members who were both a part of ISIS and al qaeda. It makes more sense tactically for both entities to deny involvement with each other, especially in terms of targeting from opposition.

And al qaeda was absolutely known for brutality...they were behind one of the most famous beheadings in history, Daniel Pearl.

Please stop talking about things out of your a$$...you literally have no clue what you're talking about.
    12-12-2014 09:12 PM
    Whenever I think that shoving things up the Terrorists *** may have gone too far..I look at the pictures of the people standing on the ledge of the 80th floor of the Trade Center and deciding that jumping was the better option and then think that whatever we do to them is not enough.
    12-12-2014 09:29 PM
    They are two different groups. If ISIS beheads someone, that is ISIS, Al Queda wasn't known for brutality. We can't justify Al Queda torture to go against ISIS, that makes zero sense.

Yes it is sad someone was killed by ISIS, but killing a few americans isn't justifiable to jump into another war. Especially since we have domestic issues that need to be sorted and people getting slaughtered in our backyard (Mexico).

We can't pick and choose just because they are middle eastern. It's either handle the Mexico cartels and domestic issues like Net Neutrality, and healthcare and welfare. Or we divert resources and attention to start another war in the middle east.
    Al Queda has done their share of beheadings. You sure are misinformed about a lot of things. And you make a lot if assumptions. Al Queda was responsible for the beheading of Daniel Pearl and many others. They have recently tried to improve their image by denouncing the ISIS beheadings. Or so Al Queda leader, Nasr bin Ali al-Ansi, says. Like we're supposed to buy into that. Go sit around a desert campfire and sing Kumbayah with a camel breathing down my neck. Nope! What they do is real torture. And they do it mostly to their own. And any Christians they can round up. There's a huge difference in the techniques the US used and real torture committed by those desert barbarians. But you go ahead and believe what you will. I'll leave it at that.

12-13-2014 12:43 AM
351 ... 45678 ...