Obama will go down as an exceptional president

Status
Not open for further replies.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I've decided that every time a tea party member , aka angry white male concerned with maintaining this dominion, complains about taxation it will be now known as playing the tax card!!!!

This thread had become way to friendly , discuss

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I've decided that every time a tea party , aka angry white male concerned with maintaining this dominion, complains about taxation it will be now known as playing the tax card!!!!

I'm perfectly ok with that! I hate taxes from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet. The government takes over $200 out of every pay check I get! A necessary evil I guess.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm perfectly ok with that! I hate taxes from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet. The government takes over $200 out of every pay check I get! A necessary evil I guess.
But I am by no means part of the tea party, and you basically just admitted that whites are the ones that pay most of taxes lol

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
$200. You are doing ok, I paid more in tax than average salary!!!! And I bet you have kids and believe we should have flat tax.

All seriousness do you believe we should have zero taxation? Or mor localized taxation?

No I don't have kids, and I did say that taxes are a necessary evil. But I still think they should be lower, way lower. I do like the idea of more localized taxation though.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
No I don't have kids, and I did say that taxes are a necessary evil. But I still think they should be lower, way lower. I do like the idea of more localized taxation though.

I've always wondered this , then how would we create the strong infrastructure that the U.S. Has? We already have a deficit , so how would things get paid for and what would you cut, if we had these much lower taxes.

We want an advanced society but we want it to be paid for by who???

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I've always wondered this , then how would we create the strong infrastructure that the U.S. Has? We already have a deficit , so how would things get paid for and what would you cut, if we had these much lower taxes.

We want an advanced society but we want it to be paid for by who???

I don't have all the answers to that lol. I do think there is way too much waste though. And I see no reason for all the tax breaks and loopholes for the ultra wealthy and oil companies.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't have all the answers to that lol. I do think there is way too much waste though. And I see no reason for all the tax breaks and loopholes for the ultra wealthy and oils companies.

Any organization is wasteful as it becomes larger. But I would say this compared to large private sector companies the government is actually pretty dayum efficient, surprisingly Medicare system is considered the most efficient medical insurer in terms or processing, and paying claims.

Personally, I think more localized would be better but then you would see an even greater quality of living standard between areas, for example the west and northeast are far wealthier than most of Midwest and south, save Texas, imagine how much poorer a state like Mississippi would be if it had only to rely on its local tax base.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Any organization is wasteful as it becomes larger. But I would say this compared to large private sector companies the government is actually pretty dayum efficient, surprisingly Medicare system is considered the most efficient medical insurer in terms or processing, and paying claims.

Personally, I think more localized would be better but then you would see an even greater quality of living standard between areas, for example the west and northeast are far wealthier than most of Midwest and south, save Texas, imagine how much poorer a state like Mississippi would be if it had only to rely on its local tax base.

That is true. There would have to be some federal taxes to help out the poorer regions or something like that.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I like how this thread has become! Us here having a discussion about possible ways to make the government better like we would if we were at a Starbucks... I like it!

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
You just described welfare.

No I didn't. We were talking about infrastructure and the such. Welfare doesn't build infrastructure, it holds people in poverty. You obviously didn't like that we were having a friendly conversation so you decided to come and try to wreck it. Doesn't really surprise me.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't mind taxes for the most part...I just want them to eradicate the IRS and develop a legitimate branch of the Treasury department to handle all aspects of taxation and to renovate the system as a whole...

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
No I didn't. We were talking about infrastructure and the such. Welfare doesn't build infrastructure, it holds people in poverty. You obviously didn't like that we were having a friendly conversation so you decided to come and try to wreck it. Doesn't really surprise me.

What? What you described does sound like welfare. And by design it does not hold people back. I was really saying that sounded like welfare. But you obviously got defensive over something meaningless.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I don't mind taxes for the most part...I just want them to eradicate the IRS and develop a legitimate branch of the Treasury department to handle all aspects of taxation and to renovate the system as a whole...

I mean by design the IRS isn't that bad on paper, but I can see it needing to be overhauled. I don't really mind taxes either. When I used to get checks or pay various taxes for this or that, I don't think "taxes need to die", but I think a better more defined tax system on income would be a good welcome for starters.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
What? What you described does sound like welfare. And by design it does not hold people back. I was really saying that sounded like welfare. But you obviously got defensive over something meaningless.

Since when is welfare localized? You obviously don't get what we were discussing or rather dreaming about. If taxes were localized, the wealthier regions would have better roads, schools, hospitals, and so on. So what I proposed was that there be a small tax imposed by the federal government to help compensate for the lower revenue of those poorer regions. Welfare has nothing to do with that. And of course we were only discussing this, it's not like we're saying this should be done, or that's it's a viable option. Just discussing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal