Obama will go down as an exceptional president

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Oh, we're sophisticated, just no valet services to speak of. Y'all make a lot of assumptions. Most of which are wrong. Has a black person ever been mistaken for a valet or other person before? I would think so. That happens to a lot of people of all colors. Blacks don't have a systematic monopoly on it though.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Read more. I didn't say you weren't sophisticated.

I said, very specifically:

"Your lifestyle and experience isn't AS sophisticated as others might be."

"AS" being the measure or level.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Hahahahaha! How the heck would I know where you're from????

I thought that icon of your was some kind of screwed up Wonder Woman symbol.

Hahahahaha... Classic!!

You ever read Shakspeare?

"Methinks thou doth protest too much!"

Hilarious!

Having spent a lot of my early Wall Street years in WV, all of your posts now make sense.

Sorry Brother. I had no idea you were from that god-forgotten place.

I hate clowns. I've mentioned that, right?

Sent from my iPhone 5s using 100% recycled electrons and of course Tapatalk

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I hate clowns. I've mentioned that, right?

Dude, give Wonder Woman her symbol back!

That was the best laugh I've all week.

Are you on Twitter? I want to follow you.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
It is pretty funny, now that you mention it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You said that, not me. Using an absurd argument to try and negate someone else's argument is called a straw man argument. Because it doesnt actually address comments made by the individual. I have never claimed anything about whether bush, cares about babies , old people , or black people.

lol...you're thinking way too much on this. That was just simple internet trolling, not a straw man argument. Come down off your podium, I think the air is getting a little thin for ya up there! Truth is, this thread should be named "What common stereotypes can acadia11 describe as systematic racism today?" But I digress...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok compare how much it happens to other people and then compare proportional how often it happens to black people. The issue is not about whether it can happen to another person , it's a question of likeliness to happen to someone who is black.

Good grief! I don't keep tabs on stuff like that. What's your point? I have no way of knowing any statistical info on this. Do I think it happens to blacks more than whites? Yes, I do. I think it has more to do with how one is dressed though. I don't look at a black person and think, "Valet".

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Good grief! I don't keep tabs on stuff like that. What's your point? I have no way of knowing any statistical info on this. Do I think it happens to blacks more than whites? Yes, I do. I think it has more to do with how one is dressed though. I don't look at a black person and think, "Valet".

Shhh! You're giving away a white man secret!

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Oh, we're sophisticated, just no valet services to speak of. Y'all make a lot of assumptions. Most of which are wrong. Has a black person ever been mistaken for a valet or other person before? I would think so. That happens to a lot of people of all colors. Blacks don't have a systematic monopoly on it though.

Are you really sophisticated? Like sophisticated because we are worldly and exposed to many things and have chosen to live the fresh air good skiing small town life of Telluride, or sophisticated like I think being worldly and being exposed to new things is because WalMart added an Asian cuisine buffet section???

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

So as usually you presume to speak on something that you haven't in the least bit tried to understand. Dressed how? You see a black guy dressed well as Obama described and you think he's a valet? How do black people dress?

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
lol...you're thinking way too much on this. That was just simple internet trolling, not a straw man argument. Come down off your podium, I think the air is getting a little thin for ya up there! Truth is, this thread should be named "What common stereotypes can acadia11 describe as systematic racism today?" But I digress...

I know it was. Or maybe you were trying to devalue my comments by trying to imply that this was akin to my arguments. You know to neutralize there truth by equating them with comments that were clearly absurd.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Ok compare how much it happens to other people and then compare proportional how often it happens to black people. The issue is not about whether it can happen to another person , it's a question of likeliness to happen to someone who is black.

I have no statistics either how often it happens to any color of person. I can only tell that if it were me at the valet I would only hand my keys to the white guy. I?d be scared the black guy would steel my car. :sarcastic:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I know it was. Or maybe you were trying to devalue my comments by trying to imply that this was akin to my arguments. You know to neutralize there truth by equating them with comments that were clearly absurd.

You sure spent a lot of effort typing a pretty moot response then if you actually did. ;)

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I have no statistics either how often it happens to any color of person. I can only tell that if it were me at the valet I would only hand my keys to the white guy. I?d be scared the black guy would steel my car. :sarcastic:

Irony of the day, I'm black and I asked myself this same question, I've experienced this being handed the keys while waiting for a car. At the same time I wonder does he worry I might steal it.

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
How long does it take for a New Yorker to let you know that they're from New York? In this thread, as soon as New York is brought up.

If I can make it there
I'll make it anywhere
It's up to you
New York, New York
New York, New York
I want to wake up
in a city that never sleeps
And find I'm a number one, top of the list
King of the hill
A number one

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have no statistics either how often it happens to any color of person. I can only tell that if it were me at the valet I would only hand my keys to the white guy. I’d be scared the black guy would steel my car.

It's not really cost efficient to make a car steel anymore...and it really limits the design aspect as well (see: DeLorean).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR