Obama will go down as an exceptional president

Status
Not open for further replies.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
OMG someone ask someone else for help and now that is deemed racist? Seriously just because she is the first lady she can't lend a hand to someone to get something off the shelf? No wonder this country is in the shape that it is... smh

No I think that she asked her as though she worked in the store, and Obama being handed the keys as though he was the valet.

Or Oprah being told 2xs that she couldn't shop in Hermes, or specifically that they were probably too expensive for her.

Honestly I don't think this is that big of deal , actually I'd bet most blacks don't even care about incidents like this. Kind of like Obama said this is nothing and inconsequential events to us, happens all the time

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
No I think that she asked her as though she worked in the store, and Obama being handed the keys as though he was the valet.

And once again how is that racist? Not everyone is always in visible attire that makes you know they work at a store. She needs to get over herself. Gee wiz everyone doesn't bow down to the Obamas, this is just ridiculous and another example of them pulling the race card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
And once again how is that racist? Not everyone is always in visible attire that makes you know they work at a store. She needs to get over herself. Gee wiz everyone doesn't bow down to the Obamas, this is just ridiculous and another example of them pulling the race card.

Lol, We?ve all heard about the notorious race card. When Blacks mention race as a determinant for being wronged, mistreated or undermined in this country, they?re often met with resistance. Many in the mainstream claim that Blacks are just playing the race card, refusing to be accountable for their own actions. But who?s right and who?s wrong in this scenario? Are Blacks too quick to play the race card, or do Whites create this argument to relinquish themselves from fault? Let?s examine this debate more closely.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Lol, We?ve all heard about the notorious race card. When Blacks mention race as a determinant for being wronged, mistreated or undermined in this country, they?re often met with resistance. Many in the mainstream claim that Blacks are just playing the race card, refusing to be accountable for their own actions. But who?s right and who?s wrong in this scenario? Are Blacks too quick to play the race card, or do Whites create this argument to relinquish themselves from fault? Let?s examine this debate more closely.

Pulling the race card when someone asks you to get something off a shelf for them at target is pulling it way too quick, and unnecessary. Now in other cases, not so much, but this case was definitely unneeded and unnecessary.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Pulling the race card when someone asks you to get something off a shelf for them at target is pulling it way too quick, and unnecessary. Now in other cases, not so much, but this case was definitely unneeded and unnecessary.

And how do you know that it was not due to systematic racism and the way blacks are viewed that subconsciously she was asked or seen as a worker because she was a dressed down black lady?

I'll ask you as a white male, if you are , how many time have you been handed keys to be mistaken as a valet?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
And how do you know that it was not due to systematic racism and the way blacks are viewed that subconsciously she was asked or seen as a worker because she was a dressed down black lady?

I'll ask you as a white male, if you are , how many time have you been handed keys to be mistaken as a valet?

Most valets I've seen are white. But I don't live in a big city. Do you ever post or comment about Apple or Apple products? Or are you here to do nothing but argue about race?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Most valets I've seen are white. But I don't live in a big city. Do you ever post or comment about Apple or Apple products? Or are you here to do nothing but argue about race?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

No I come to iForum to just talk politics in the politics forum.

You didn't answer my question being as you are white and most valet are white, how often have you randomly been handed keys to park a car?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

What I still find hard to understand, is around my area, valets are every shape, age, nationality and race, so for the Obamas and you to pull the race card is funny. Once again it's only racist if you make it, and they are blowing this out of proportion and they making it more of a race issue than it really is. So from what the Obamas are saying is that only African Americans are the ones doing the job of valet? Or just like his immigration speech and how all those coming in will "be picking our fruit, cleaning, and mowing our lawns" once again this isn't a race issue, and they are just making a big deal over nothing.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
What I still find hard to understand, is around my area, valets are every shape, age, nationality and race, so for the Obamas and you to pull the race card is funny. Once again it's only racist if you make it, and they are blowing this out of proportion and they making it more of a race issue than it really is. So from what the Obamas are saying is that only African Americans are the ones doing the job of valet? Or just like his immigration speech and how all those coming in will "be picking our fruit, cleaning, and mowing our lawns" once again this isn't a race issue, and they are just making a big deal over nothing.

That's the oddity. Why would you randomly hand a black guy a set of keys, when as you point out the reality is different. Why when 97% of blacks are not on welfare when discussions come up about government aid, people picture a minority ?? Your observation is spot on.

Systematic racism isn't racist because someone makes it about race, it is racist because it is about race.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
That's the oddity. Why would you randomly hand a black guy a set of keys, when as you point out the reality is different. Why when 97% of blacks are not on welfare when discussions come up about government aid, people picture a minority ?? Your observation is spot on.

Well I wasn't there so I wouldn't know lol. But I mean if I drove my car up and he was the only one standing there I would think he was the valet, regardless of skin color or appearance. Now if there were multiple people standing around that may be different, but who knows honestly, I'm not rich enough to experience the valet, and I like parking my own car anyways, but that's just me.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Well I wasn't there so I wouldn't know lol. But I mean if I drove my car up and he was the only one standing there I would think he was the valet, regardless of skin color or appearance. Now if there were multiple people standing around that may be different, but who knows honestly, I'm not rich enough to experience the valet, and I like parking my own car anyways, but that's just me.

Fair enough. But I guarantee based on many factors you will make a choice as to whether you think he is someone waiting for his car, or he is the valet. I guarantee race will factor into this split second decision amongst many things. That's the insidiousness of systematic racism it's much harder to recognize because it's institutionalized into our basic interactions and world view it's not a conscious choice like someone actually being a racist, racially prejudice.

Status
Not open for further replies.