Obama will go down as an exceptional president

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Exactly, you didn't here a word I said. Im talking about for them, those people, it's not about one incident. Not your opinion of them. Your pretty much surmised my point right there, it's not about how you feel about them, or them forming an opinion about an incident. It's the fact that their opinion is repeatedly ignored, your response exemplified it... It's the cumulative effect of that frustration. It's not about incidents or logic or evidence. Again it goes back to my point for you, being white, evidence and logic is what determined your innocents or guilt, kind of, really had more to do with class, but for blacks this is not how justice evolved in the uS. Justice was not historically handed out based on simple evidence and logic.

As I stated prior it's nothing you could comprehend because there are things being white you don't have to think about or deal with , it's that simple. The world operates in fairer manner because you are white so you assume it is that way for everyone and you can not see it is not that way for others. This is the point that doesn't seem to resonate with you.

Isn't that kind of like having kids who are acting up, but telling other people who don't have kids "You wouldn't understand how to deal with this, you don't have children."

At any rate...enjoy living in your opinion.

giphy.gif

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Unless you're black, then every other man's shoes would, by comparison, be better, thus teaching him nothing.

Ultimately, I prefer cycling myself vs. walking, but that might come from white privilege.

No the only thing that came from white privilege in that comment is the arrogance that injustice need be in comparison to every other mans shoes or specifically a white mans shoes, as opposed to simply being an injustice on its own.

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
No the only thing that came from white privilege in that comment is the arrogance that injustice need be in comparison to every other mans shoes or specifically a white mans shoes, as opposed to simply being an injustice on its own.

Except you made the comment...if you didn't mean it, maybe refrain from making the comment, or clarify the original comment to better reflect what you actually mean?

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Except you made the comment...if you didn't mean it, maybe refrain from making the comment, or clarify the original comment to better reflect what you actually mean?

I thought it was pretty clear, it's a pretty famous quote, try walking in a mans shoes before you claim #1 they are bad kids (you thought I missed that) #2 that the reaction was denial of evidence and logic. Or what you were trying to describe as "black denial". Meaning your view of evidence and logic comes from your perspective that Wilson wasnt lying and number two conditionally dealing with a justice system that is historically fairer to whites Than blacks. After all let's look at the history of The founding of this nation from riots to tea parties all the way back to Europe, the reaction to unfairness didn't happen over singular incidents but the accumulation of disenfranchisement. A whole revolution was started because people felt they were unfairly judged.

It astonishes me that given the same situation any other group would react the same however somehow with blacks your argument is dismissive of their experience and essentially a denial of this unfairness proclaiming, that in only can apply in situations you see fit. I have to ask in the situation Garner do you think 7 cops would try to arrest or accost him for selling a cigarette, something he wasn't actually doing, if he was white??? Or better question do you think it's more likely?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
What astonishes me is your view (and anyone who would agree with you) of unfair treatment with disregard to fact...like the fact that regardless of skin tone, if you resist arrest, you're going to be met with physical detainment by FORCE. It happens to all races, but when it happens to a black guy and it leads to the death of the person...regardless of the actions of the person being detained/arrested, it turns into "unfair treatment" because of the mind set that if it was EVER unfair, it will ALWAYS be unfair.

And with that, I've grown bored responding in jest to your continued opinionated banter, so I'm walking away from it. When nothing but amusement comes from your points, it becomes more of a waste of time than anything else, and I have better things to do...like walking in my own privileged shoes I suppose.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
What astonishes me is your view (and anyone who would agree with you) of unfair treatment with disregard to fact...like the fact that regardless of skin tone, if you resist arrest, you're going to be met with physical detainment by FORCE. It happens to all races, but when it happens to a black guy and it leads to the death of the person...regardless of the actions of the person being detained/arrested, it turns into "unfair treatment" because of the mind set that if it was EVER unfair, it will ALWAYS be unfair.

And with that, I've grown bored responding in jest to your continued opinionated banter, so I'm walking away from it. When nothing but amusement comes from your points, it becomes more of a waste of time than anything else, and I have better things to do...like walking in my own privileged shoes I suppose.

Dude, keep it simple and stop trying to sound smarter than you are. Did I bring up Ferguson, my comments are much bigger than ferguson. Systematic Racism is a much bigger issue than Ferguson. You never answered my question in the first place regarding Garner, would a white male be approached in the first place by 7 police officers for supposedly selling loose cigarettes. The way you can talk with an officer is entirely different than I can. I'm coming back from a business trip coming through customs and a customs agent approached a white male and they got into an altercation with white male telling the agent don't put your hands on me. The minute I would even attempt to remove the agents hands it would be a far more dangerous situation for me, where as the white male the thought was well what's his rights, can I put my hands on him. There is no such thought with a black male in this manner, there is a level respect you will be given, a benefit of the doubt, the fact that you are not seen as a threat that inherently can prevent the situation from escalating to one of resisting arrest.

This is the point you don't see. Sean, but I agree it's old. You can't see my point of view. And while I do see yours, I have no choice as I have to understand the world as you see it in order to succeed, I can also admit things aren't so cut and dry.. The action is not limited to an arrest but what precludes the arrest.

Last edited:

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
People think that Obummer has greatly increased the job market, but don't realize that the labor participation rate is the lowest in decades, people have stopped looking for employment and are not counted in the figures, and the large majority of jobs are part-time.
Also, median income has dropped several thousands of dollars annually per family since he took office.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
People think that Obummer has greatly increased the job market, but don't realize that the labor participation rate is the lowest in decades, people have stopped looking for employment and are not counted in the figures, and the large majority of jobs are part-time.
Also, median income has dropped several thousands of dollars annually per family since he took office.

This is in contrast to the recession and high unemployment before he took office? Why is it hard to admit the man did some great work getting us out of boat up the river without a paddle?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles...-big-part-of-labor-participation-rate-decline

Labor participation decline has been going on since 1999, pleas see attached graph. it has decreased every year, and the #1 reason more than 59% of decline is due to retirement of baby boomers.

Next weak argument pappy

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I guess that they didn't have children? And please don't be condescending. You need to learn some respect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No the "baby boomers" did not have as many children as their parents. hence why generation X is not called Baby Boomers 2.0

I'll learn respect when you learn history, fair?

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
No the "baby boomers" did not have as many children as their parents. hence why generation X is not called Baby Boomers 2.0

I'll learn respect when you learn history, fair?

Arrogant.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using 100% recycled electrons and of course Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner