Obama will go down as an exceptional president

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If you are a white male and unless you are a complete f up, and even then if you simply work hard you will succeed if you are black the field of play is not the same.

Dolls_Laughing.gif

You are a racial bigot. Plain and simple. I'm still quite done with the conversation, but man...you need some help. You should reevaluate the way you prejudge things before you lecture other people about racial issues. You asked earlier why I made it personal...this statement right here just about sums it up. Your historic trolling of the iPhone based sub-forums was enough to make be disregard your posts quite easily, but now...any time I see your name, that disregard will also be combined with astonishment at the level of pure ignorance you displayed here. You live in a dream world...

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
http://images.wikia.com/mlp/images/4/4a/Dolls_Laughing.gif

You are a racial bigot. Plain and simple. I'm still quite done with the conversation, but man...you need some help. You should reevaluate the way you prejudge things before you lecture other people about racial issues. You asked earlier why I made it personal...this statement right here just about sums it up. Your historic trolling of the iPhone based sub-forums was enough to make be disregard your posts quite easily, but now...any time I see your name, that disregard will also be combined with astonishment at the level of pure ignorance you displayed here. You live in a dream world...

Emotional melt down. You've not once addressed anything I've claimed. Let me know when you are ready to answer the questions instead of personally attacking me. Instead of becoming angry simply answer the questions and have a rational explaination of why you feel the way you do. I made a statement, I answered why I felt my statement was valid, ... Your response and reaction pretty much sums it up and yet I'm the bigot and the ignorant. Instead of name calling feel free to address my concerns and actually listen to what I'm saying ... Or you know what don't. What's with the projection buddy?

Finally what is bigoted about saying the field of play is not the same between a white male or black male, they aren't. How can it be a convicted white felon is more likely to get hired than a non-felon black male??? I mean come on dude. Instead of calling me a bigot for stating stats address them. What is bigoted about this comment actually break it down for me.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm not addressing anything with you "buddy"...nor am I having an emotional melt down. I'm literally laughing at your responses because I can't believe someone would actually say some of the things you have, it's hilarious! You go through your day thinking that everyone is holding down the black man...I've met people like you in real life, redefining your own short comings as societies historic lock down of you because of your race.

There is no need to address any questions you posed because no matter what is presented to you, the only reality is the one where the white man is holding down the black man and everything else is just minor mishaps not worthy of any attention.

My retorts are simply going to be in an observational nature from here on out, so if you don't like it, feel free to ignore them.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
"Can we perhaps, just this once, admit our collective blind spot? Admit that there are things going on, and that have been going on a very long time, about which we know nothing? Might we suspend our disbelief, just long enough to gain some much needed insights about the society we share? One wonders what it will take for us to not merely listen but actually to hear the voices of black parents, fearful that the next time their child walks out the door may be the last, and all because someone—an officer or a self-appointed vigilante—sees them as dangerous, as disrespectful, as reaching for their gun? Might we be able to hear that without deftly pivoting to the much more comfortable (for us) topic of black crime or single-parent homes? Without deflecting the real and understandable fear of police abuse with lectures about the danger of having a victim mentality—especially ironic given that such lectures come from a people who apparently see ourselves as the always imminent victims of big black men?"

"Can we just put aside all we think we know about black communities (most of which could fit in a thimble, truth be told) and imagine what it must feel like to walk through life as the embodiment of other people’s fear, as a monster that haunts their dreams the way Freddie Kreuger does in the movies? To be the physical representation of what marks a neighborhood as bad, a school as bad, not because of anything you have actually done, but simply because of the color of your skin? Surely that is not an inconsequential weight to bear. To go through life, every day, having to think about how to behave so as not to scare white people, or so as not to trigger our contempt—thinking about how to dress, and how to walk and how to talk and how to respond to a cop (not because you’re wanting to be polite, but because you’d like to see your mother again)—is work; and it’s harder than any job that any white person has ever had in this country. To be seen as a font of cultural contagion is tantamount to being a modern day leper."

"And then perhaps we might spend a few minutes considering what this does to the young black child, and how it differs from the way that white children grow up. Think about how you would respond to the world if that world told you every day and in a million ways before lunch how awful you were, how horrible your community was, and how pathological your family. Because that’s what we’re telling black folks on the daily. Every time police call the people they are sworn to protect animals, as at least one Ferguson officer was willing to do on camera—no doubt speaking for many more in the process—we tell them this. Every time we shrug at the way police routinely stop and frisk young black men, even though in almost all cases they are found to have done nothing wrong, we tell them this. Every time we turn away from the clear disparities in our nation’s schools, which relegate the black and brown to classrooms led by the least experienced teachers, and where they will be treated like inmates more than children hoping to learn, we tell them this. Every time Bill O’Reilly pontificates about “black culture” and every time Barack Obama tells black men—but only black men—to be better fathers, we tell them this: that they are uniquely flawed, uniquely pathological, a cancerous mass of moral decrepitude to be feared, scorned, surveilled, incarcerated and discarded. The constant drumbeat of negativity is so normalized by now that it forms the backdrop of every conversation about black people held in white spaces when black folks themselves are not around. It is like the way your knee jumps when the doctor taps it with that little hammer thing during a check-up: a reflex by now instinctual, automatic, unthinking."

"And still we pretend that one can think these things—that vast numbers of us can—and yet be capable of treating black folks fairly in the workforce, housing market, schools or in the streets; that we can, on the one hand, view the larger black community as a chaotic maelstrom of iniquity, while still managing, on the other, to treat black loan applicants, job applicants, students or random strangers as mere individuals. That we can somehow thread the needle between our grand aspirations to equanimity as Americans and our deeply internalized biases regarding broad swaths of our nation’s people."

"But we can’t; and it is in these moments—moments like those provided by events in Ferguson—that the limits of our commitment to that aspirational America are laid bare. It is in moments like these when the chasm between our respective understandings of the world—itself opened up by the equally cavernous differences in the way we’ve experienced it—seems almost impossible to bridge. But bridge them we must, before the strain of our repetitive motion disorder does permanent and untreatable damage to our collective national body."

photo-e1353948579957.jpg

Tim Wise

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Congratulations, you quoted the rant of a guy who has an opinion.

Tim Wise enjoys using the term "White Denial"...essentially applying it to any scenario where he sees opposing opinions between large numbers of white people and black people after a popular event (IE: Ferguson), doing so to try and diminish the white opposing opinion by defining it as a fault in white people's thinking, while allowing the other side of the argument to retain it's true nature of personal choice and opinion.

Where is the use of "Black Denial"? Oh yeah...anyone who would dare bring that up and attempt to apply it anywhere would be almost instantaneously labeled a racist and the words would be disregarded as hate speech.

Segregation under the guise of racial activism...it's been a useful tool for much longer than Tim Wise has even existed, and it still works so well because so many people can't think for themselves, they have to join a hive mind, and take action with a mob mentality.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm not addressing anything with you "buddy"...nor am I having an emotional melt down. I'm literally laughing at your responses because I can't believe someone would actually say some of the things you have, it's hilarious! You go through your day thinking that everyone is holding down the black man...I've met people like you in real life, redefining your own short comings as societies historic lock down of you because of your race.

There is no need to address any questions you posed because no matter what is presented to you, the only reality is the one where the white man is holding down the black man and everything else is just minor mishaps not worthy of any attention.

My retorts are simply going to be in an observational nature from here on out, so if you don't like it, feel free to ignore them.

Ok. I think any rational person would state you've lost this debate, especially, if your argument is I don't need to defend my stance.

Lol, my short comings, ... I have a comP E degree from a top university and am a senior manager today making well into 6 figures. There is no short coming of my life, I simply have no issue seeing the world for what it is. It's helped me navigate it to achieve my goals.

Last edited:

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Congratulations, you quoted the rant of a guy who has an opinion.

Tim Wise enjoys using the term "White Denial"...essentially applying it to any scenario where he sees opposing opinions between large numbers of white people and black people after a popular event (IE: Ferguson), doing so to try and diminish the white opposing opinion by defining it as a fault in white people's thinking, while allowing the other side of the argument to retain it's true nature of personal choice and opinion.

Where is the use of "Black Denial"? Oh yeah...anyone who would dare bring that up and attempt to apply it anywhere would be almost instantaneously labeled a racist and the words would be disregarded as hate speech.

Segregation under the guise of racial activism...it's been a useful tool for much longer than Tim Wise has even existed, and it still works so well because so many people can't think for themselves, they have to join a hive mind, and take action with a mob mentality.

What is black denial??

Have you ever heard me bring up ferguson?

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok. I think any rational person would state you've lost this debate, especially, if your argument is I don't need to defend my stance.

Lol, my short comings, ... I have a comP E degree from a top university and am a senior manager today making well into 6 figures. There is no short coming of my life, I simply have no issue seeing the world for what it is. It's helped me navigate it to achieve my goals.

You can call it whatever you want, I just personally don't want to continue a conversation with a person who truly feels that only one type of racism is legitimate. If you want to consider yourself a winner because of this, have at it.

As far as seeing the world for what it is...if you like to go through your day thinking the big bad white man is the only true enemy in this thing called racism, I feel sorry for you.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
What is white denial?

The idea by some whites that society is colorblind and there does not exist or lack of recognition of systematic Racism which effects society.

For example, the idea, that the election ObAma nullify or precludes the existence of systematic Racism. We have black president therefore we have equality, essentially it's the denial that race is an issue or race influences our perception of others.

What I find funny is if you read articles from the early 1900s, they state that the negro exaggerates about racism , that the idea of Racism as a problem in America is a delusion of victim hood and attempt to extract sympathy from Amaericans. Today everyone agrees that of course there was a problem from Jim Crow to disenfranchisement. It's kind of the same thing today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods