Obama will go down as an exceptional president

Status
Not open for further replies.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Every thread in this section turns in to a race debate.

For God sakes man my head is about to explode.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using 100% recycled electrons and of course Tapatalk

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to make this simple because honestly, I don't care enough to continue discussion on the history of slavery and racism with a person who cannot accept any view outside of his own. I shared a very general and basic opinion initially...one that said racism of any kind needs to be stopped, but before it can, people have to work on prejudices.

You've stated a few times now that black on white racism is not a problem...you said it is because blacks don't have the power influence. I'm curious why you continue to feel that one type of racism is more important than another in the context of a discussion where all that was originally said was it all needs to stop...but you continue to try and convince me that one type of racism is not as legitimate as another. That white's shouldn't be concerned about racism against them from black people because black people don't really have that much influence...but as a person who has maintained a distaste for ALL racism and a wish that it would ALL stop, I still can't understand why you keep pushing for me to accept your decision to give varying types of racism a hierarchy...to me, the ONLY thing I give two sh*ts about is people stopping it as a whole.

Your responses are full of double standards...and I don't buy into that. You are telling me that one is not as important as another, because "experiences are not the same". You made this clear with the example of a man being hit by a woman. This defines you and your comments. Tunnel vision at it's finest, and it makes debating things with you like this pointless, because you cannot adhere to even a remotely common standard of right and wrong. Your idea that some people can be considered worse victims of the same crime than others is laughable...a white man should not be offended by racism from a black man because the black man doesn't have as much overall influence? Give me a f*#king break.

Who mentioned slavery? I don't think I've used that word once, Racism is much bigger than slavery.

Finally, I said that racism is not a product of prejudice. So the argument that ending prejudice would end racism is invalid. prejudice is simply a symptom of zero sum game that many humans see the world.

And finally, yes, white on black racism again is an issue where black on white racism is not. Are both wrong yes, if you are asking is any form of prejudice wrong yes, but that's not the same thing as saying something is a problem or an issue, or has the same level of importance because they do not all have the same societal impact. I'll give you an analogy, we'd all agree hunting animals for tusk or blubber or whatever else is wrong. But say hunting a killer whale is different from hunting a cheetah, because one is endangered and one is not. There are millions of killer whales , there are 6000 cheetahs left on the planet, so while hunting either is wrong the impact of hunting a cheetah is much greater on society. So it is an issue where as hunting a killer whale is not an issue. Get it. Is racism wrong, period, yes, is black on white racism an issue, no. And if you feel it is, please tell me why, instead of telling me it's simply a double standard. Tell me why, what's the impact, what is the actual issue?

Finally, your biggest concern about racism is whether a white person is offended. I'm sorry being offended is not an issue. If your biggest concern about racism is whether someone is offended or not then I'm sorry no you do not know at all what it means to experience Racism.

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm done with the discussion...you are putting words in my mouth. At no point did I equate the two types of racism together in a historic reference, I simply said they needed to be stopped. YOU, however, did say that one was not a problem and the other was. That is a double standard. You're placing more value on one type of racism than the other in response to me simply saying that ALL racism should be stopped.

Black on white racism is a problem because it is RACISM.

Black on asian racism is a problem because it is RACISM

RACISM is a problem regardless of the specific type because it is RACISM.

The impact is one person viewing another as inferior, in some way, based on their race. That is a problem...regardless of where it is coming from.

I seriously cannot believe you are opposing me on this. The double standard you're defending here is really kind of disgusting...and because of that, I truly have no more I wish to add to this conversation. You've proven to me that your idea of racism is based in a world where only certain people have the ability to be racists in a legitimate fashion. I no longer wish to discuss the subject with someone who thinks that way...

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm done with the discussion...you are putting words in my mouth. At no point did I equate the two types of racism together in a historic reference, I simply said they needed to be stopped. YOU, however, did say that one was not a problem and the other was. That is a double standard. You're placing more value on one type of racism than the other in response to me simply saying that ALL racism should be stopped.

Black on white racism is a problem because it is RACISM.

Black on asian racism is a problem because it is RACISM

RACISM is a problem regardless of the specific type because it is RACISM.

The impact is one person viewing another as inferior, in some way, based on their race. That is a problem...regardless of where it is coming from.

I seriously cannot believe you are opposing me on this. The double standard you're defending here is really kind of disgusting...and because of that, I truly have no more I wish to add to this conversation. You've proven to me that your idea of racism is based in a world where only certain people have the ability to be racists in a legitimate fashion. I no longer wish to discuss the subject with someone who thinks that way...

Again, you haven't answered my question. why do you feel that black on white racism is an issue. I agree it is wrong but it is not an issue. Again tell me why it's an issue, meaning it's a problem today. In our society today what is the actual issue or the problem of black on white racism.

Finally, I never said only certain people have the ability to be racist. Anyone can be racist. And I would say further "racist" today in the traditional is not an issue. There aren't many "racist" running around today they've been shunned out of existence for the most part. I would say Racism is however an issue. And I would again say Racism experienced by blacks is fundamentally different, I would argue that whites experience racism but they do not experience Racism. Why would they? Do you even know the difference, it's not about someone being offended. I think step one is to stop looking at this as a personal issue, Racism is not a personal problem , racism is personal, Racism is institutional construct.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Black on white racism is not an issue
That is a bunch of crock. There are people out there who want to limit racism to being whites against blacks, and totally disregard the actual meaning of the word. There is an ongoing dilemma involving blacks going around and harming whites simply because they are white. That is black on white racism, and it *is* an issue.
. Blacks simply do not have the power influence, the numbers, or the medium to adversely effect whites in the the same systematic way that whites have the ability to effect blacks.
Are you for real? Let a white person use the N word in front of a black person and see what happens. There are whites who initially voted for Dear Leader before opting for someone else, and have been literally silenced for fear of being quickly and wrongfully labeled a racist. You know I'm right.

Last edited:

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
That is bunch of crock. There are people out there who want to limit racism to bring whites against blacks, and totally disregard the actual meaning of the word. There is an ongoing dilemma involving blacks going around and harming whites simply because they are white. That is black on white racism, and it is an issue. Are you for real? Let a white person use the N word in front of a black person and see what happens. There are whites who initially voted for Dear Leader before opting for someone else, and have been literally silenced for fear of being quickly and wrongly labeled a racist. You know I'm right.

Ok what is he number of whites being harmed by blacks simply because they are white. Can you enlighten me on the statistics , actually i already know the answer, and Before you go down a path that's so easily disproved, most harm is intra-racial, predominately from a Criminal standpoint blacks harm blacks, and whites harm whites.

Last edited:

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
That is a bunch of crock. There are people out there who want to limit racism to being whites against blacks, and totally disregard the actual meaning of the word. There is an ongoing dilemma involving blacks going around and harming whites simply because they are white. That is black on white racism, and it *is* an issue. Are you for real? Let a white person use the N word in front of a black person and see what happens. There are whites who initially voted for Dear Leader before opting for someone else, and have been literally silenced for fear of being quickly and wrongfully labeled a racist. You know I'm right.

You still don't comprehend what I'm talking about in terms of Racism. Its not unique to whites, it even effects how blacks view blacks, as the article I mentioned which no one read pointed out the famous knife experiment. Where people were shown a picture of 2 white guys , 1 holding a knife then asked which person held the knife, the majority of people selected correctly.

Now, they were shown a picture of a black and a white guy holding a knife, and asked to select who was holding the knife, and miraculously the majority of people even black selected the black guy which was incorrect, the knife was being held by the white guy. Scientist then asked why was this, the answer social conditioning made our minds more accepting to the black guy holding the knife. People aren't saying that Obama is experiencing overt racism, but he is experiencing a level of disrespect different from other presidents. Moreover it seems difficult for some people to comprehend he has been successful. This isn't my guess they did an experiment showing his job creatin graph , he's created millions by the way but when folks who were looking right at the graph were asked if he created or lost, they answered lost. I mean how do you explain that cognitive dissonance, Obama has done better objectively measured than Reagan with his economy but people make ridiculous claims or refuse to believe the numbers? I mean no president has had to deal with the level of doubt he has... From whether he was American, (not like us)... To numbers being published by independent committees as not true? This is the Racism he faces and what people mean by it. And most people aren't even conscious of this behavior we are not color blind. That's the scientific opinion not mine.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok what is he number of whites being harmed by blacks simply because they are white. Can you enlighten me on the statistics , actually i already know the answer,
No, I cannot, but I don't need to in this regard. There have been 4 alleged racial instances being heavily covered by the media featuring white against blacks... 4 ..., and yet somehow, the problem is considered epidemic. No stats are involved - just spoken words that no one is suppose to question.
and Before you go down a path that's so easily disproved, most harm is intra-racial, predominately from a Criminal standpoint blacks harm blacks, and whites harm whites.
Okay, but this has nothing to do with the racism you mentioned in your previous reply.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You still don't comprehend what I'm talking about in terms of Racism.
I'm clearly comprehended what you stated in your above post that contained my original reply.
Its not unique to whites,
I never said that it was
it even effects how blacks view blacks,
Wrong! It may affect how some blacks view other blacks. Example: if I'm walking with my family, and I see a group of blacks that I perceived to be thugs (whether they are or not), I'm going to prepare myself to defend my family. Racism has nothing to do with my thought process in that regard.
as the article I mentioned which no one read pointed out the famous knife experiment. Where people were shown a picture of 2 white guys , 1 holding a knife then asked which person held the knife, the majority of people selected correctly.
Okay

Now, they were shown a picture of a black and a white guy holding a knife, and asked to select who was holding the knife, and miraculously the majority of people even black selected the black guy which was incorrect, the knife was being held by the white guy.
personally, I find it hard to believe. I suppose I'm just too aware of things. Anyway, you make it seem as if everyone will make the wrong choice if everyone had viewed the photo.
Scientist then asked why was this, the answer social conditioning made our minds more accepting to the black guy holding the knife.
Again, that may have been the case for the people involved, but it's not enough to make the assumption universal, in my opinion.
People aren't saying that Obama is experiencing overt racism, but he is experiencing a level of disrespect different from other presidents. Moreover it seems difficult for some people to comprehend he has been successful.
I can straight up tell you that I can't stand the man, and I'll leave it at that.
This isn't my guess they did an experiment showing his job creatin graph , he's created millions by the way but when folks who were looking right at the graph were asked if he created or lost, they answered lost. I mean how do you explain that cognitive dissonance, Obama has done better objectively measured than Reagan with his economy but people make ridiculous claims or refuse to believe the numbers? I mean no president has had to deal with the level of doubt he has... From whether he was American, (not like us)... To numbers being published by independent committees as not true? This is the Racism he faces and what people mean by it. And most people aren't even conscious of this behavior we are not color blind. That's the scientific opinion not mine.
maybe I'm wrong, but you appear to want others to accept your opinion and research but you disregard the opinions and research of others as totally false. Stats and facts can manipulated. Remember that. Anyway, I've got parental duties to take care of. Take care and enjoy your weekend...:)

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
No, I cannot, but I don't need to in this regard. There have been 4 alleged racial instances being heavily covered by the media featuring white against blacks... 4 ..., and yet somehow, the problem is considered epidemic. No stats are involved - just spoken words that no one is suppose to question. .

Are you serious? There have been multiple incidents of white on black that DON'T get covered by the media at all. It is something esle that the ones that did happen got covered at all. I have personally seen maybe in the neighborhood of 20 videos this year if racial profiling where white cops assaulted or shot unarmed black men. Not every incident makes it into the umbrella of mainstream media.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Are you serious? There have been multiple incidents of white on black that DON'T get covered by the media at all. It is something esle that the ones that did happen got covered at all. I have personally seen maybe in the neighborhood of 20 videos this year if racial profiling where white cops assaulted or shot unarmed black men. Not every incident makes it into the umbrella of mainstream media.

Ok now again put that in the context of number of crimes.

As much as people talk about murder and even white on black violence, it's pretty dayum rare. 94% of all blacks are murdered by other blacks. The same is true for whites, 86% of whites are murdered by other whites. Interracial crime is not an issue, because most all crime is intra-racial. But in general murder period is rare.

You again are missing the point. Racism isn't about a white cop shooting a black teen. Please guys again I'll post the article, please try to understand what the issue is about.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

ALL black on white crimes don't get covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm clearly comprehended what you stated in your above post that contained my original reply. I never said that it was Wrong! It may affect how some blacks view other blacks. Example: if I'm walking with my family, and I see a group of blacks that I perceived to be thugs (whether they are or not), I'm going to prepare myself to defend my family. Racism has nothing to do with my thought process in that regard. Okay

personally, I find it hard to believe. I suppose I'm just too aware of things. Anyway, you make it seem as if everyone will make the wrong choice if everyone had viewed the photo. Again, that may have been the case for the people involved, but it's not enough to make the assumption universal, in my opinion. I can straight up tell you that I can't stand the man, and I'll leave it at that. maybe I'm wrong, but you appear to want others to accept your opinion and research but you disregard the opinions and research of others as totally false. Stats and facts can manipulated. Remember that. Anyway, I've got parental duties to take care of. Take care and enjoy your weekend...:)

What research show me, I haven't seen anyone comment in this manner. I asked you why you believe black on white racism is an issue. I don't see it as one, and I don't mean that when it happens it is ok, I'm saying it's not a societal problem because it has low impact. I don't see interracial crime period as a huge problem, because most crime is not interracial. When I say something is an issue , I mean it's having a significant impact on the average persons life. Racism is not a personal issue which is something you don't seem to comprehend it's not about joe blow calling someone a n..... What do I care, what impact does that have in my life , none. You insulted me big deal... I'm talking about systematic Racism that can impede the progression of someone's life in order to achieve. That's the stuff that matters, not whether someone is offends me. And again if you were white it would be something difficult for you to comprehend, because you simply don't have to deal with it, it's not something you have to think about.

If you are a white male and unless you are a complete f up, and even then if you simply work hard you will succeed if you are black the field of play is not the same. Do you know statistically it's easier for white male who is a convicted Felon to get a job than a black male with no record. These are systematic issues not personal and to me that's an issue , not whether joe smoe was a racist.

Last edited:

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm clearly comprehended what you stated in your above post that contained my original reply. I never said that it was Wrong! It may affect how some blacks view other blacks. Example: if I'm walking with my family, and I see a group of blacks that I perceived to be thugs (whether they are or not), I'm going to prepare myself to defend my family. Racism has nothing to do with my thought process in that regard. Okay

personally, I find it hard to believe. I suppose I'm just too aware of things. Anyway, you make it seem as if everyone will make the wrong choice if everyone had viewed the photo. Again, that may have been the case for the people involved, but it's not enough to make the assumption universal, in my opinion. I can straight up tell you that I can't stand the man, and I'll leave it at that. maybe I'm wrong, but you appear to want others to accept your opinion and research but you disregard the opinions and research of others as totally false. Stats and facts can manipulated. Remember that. Anyway, I've got parental duties to take care of. Take care and enjoy your weekend...:)

You find it hard to believe but that is the research, most people are not aware of their Racism. The knife experiment is prime example, you find hard to believe because you believe you are color blind, and science has proven the vast majority of us are not.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
You are the broken record. We get it. You think everyone's a racist. Give it a rest.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
You are the broken record. We get it. You think everyone's a racist. Give it a rest.

If you think that is what was said, you didn't understand anything that was said at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice