Obama will go down as an exceptional president

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Do you believe there is a race problem? Also, how is that race baiting ... What is race baiting? Having an honest dialogue is race baiting. Listen if your feelings get hurt over honest assessments then that's tough ittity. I don't understand some people how do you expect to talk about race, when you can't even have an honest conversation?

I can have an honest conversation all day long...the comment wasn't made in a discussion that was relevant to the statement, so yes, it was indeed race baiting. He was trying to get a reaction from a comment completely out of left field.

It'd be like me saying "Most black people think every white person is a racist." Just ignorant.

Do I believe there is a race problem? I absolutely do. I feel that we still have a very VERY big racial bigotry issue in our country (on many sides of the fence as well), and I also feel that this race problem is fueled by an even bigger problem that seems to be overlooked because blaming color is so much easier...the main problem is prejudice...which can cover everything from race, gender, income level down to things as silly as where you live or what you eat for dinner.

Trying to fix racism is a lost cause if you can't see the bigger problem...which is prejudice. And we are ALL prejudice in some way, which just makes it almost an impossible scenario to "fix".

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Friendly reminder folks.........
[INFO]
P.U.P.P.A.H
(Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)

• Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
  • Be understanding and patient. You may be a power user or developer, but the person you?re talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if you?re posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).
  • Be a pro. Don?t get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you don?t have anything nice to say, don?t say anything at all. In a nutshell, ?think before you post?.
  • Be attentive and helpful. Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a members? problem.
[/INFO]

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I can have an honest conversation all day long...the comment wasn't made in a discussion that was relevant to the statement, so yes, it was indeed race baiting. He was trying to get a reaction from a comment completely out of left field.

It'd be like me saying "Most black people think every white person is a racist." Just ignorant.

Do I believe there is a race problem? I absolutely do. I feel that we still have a very VERY big racial bigotry issue in our country (on many sides of the fence as well), and I also feel that this race problem is fueled by an even bigger problem that seems to be overlooked because blaming color is so much easier...the main problem is prejudice...which can cover everything from race, gender, income level down to things as silly as where you live or what you eat for dinner.

Trying to fix racism is a lost cause if you can't see the bigger problem...which is prejudice. And we are ALL prejudice in some way, which just makes it almost an impossible scenario to "fix".

Sorry man I think this is a cop out. the we are all prejudice, schtick, and the fact that people can't call it what it is "racism" is also a cop out. And I do feel many whites do have issues talking about racism because they take it as a personal reflection on their character. Which is why it becomes a defensive argument well everyone is prejudice.

This is my opinion and I think until we can come to terms with it, then it's a useless discussion. The fact is most whites are clueless about racism because they simply don't have to deal with it, they are the majority, no more than a man could comprehend being a woman, the ridiculousness of even equating what was and is ingrained systematic oppression to mere prejudice is exactly why this discussion can't go anywhere. No man all prejudice is not the same and certainly not how the legacy of racism has influenced our culture.

This article explains it well, maybe the issue is we simply view what is racism differently

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/11/26/u...acial-bias/?cid=homepage-ob-gc&iref=obnetwork

Last edited:

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Not even close to trolling, just stating my beliefs, just as everyone else.
No proof exists that man came from apes, nor for evolution, just scientists' opinions.
You have your beliefs, and I have mine, but do not call me a troll for stating mine. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evolution doesn't say men came from apes. We are part of the ape family though

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
No, we are the human family. Never associated with apes, but created by God.

Ok, this is fine, and genetics show that all apes have a common ancestor from about 8 million years ago. Apes are a classification and as I already pointed out humans are part of the great ape family along with orangutans, chimpanzees, and gorillas. We are apes by zooligical classification. You do know what an ape is, don't you???

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
No, we are the human family. Never associated with apes, but created by God.

Hominidae (/hɒˈmɪnɨdiː/; also known as great apes[notes 1]) form a taxonomic family of primates, including four extant genera: the chimpanzees (Pan) with 2 species; gorillas (Gorilla) with 2 species; humans (Homo) with 1 species; and orangutans (Pongo) with 2 species.[1]

The term "hominid" is also used in the more restricted sense as hominins or "humans and relatives of humans closer than chimpanzees".[2] In this usage, all hominid species other than Homo sapiens are extinct. A number of known extinct genera are grouped with humans in the Homininae subfamily, others with orangutans in the Ponginae subfamily. The most recent common ancestor of the Hominidae lived roughly 14 million years ago,[3] when the ancestors of the orangutans speciated from the ancestors of the other three genera.[4] The ancestors of the Hominidae family had already speciated from those of the Hylobatidae family, perhaps 15 million to 20 million years ago.[4][5]

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok, this is fine, and genetics show that all apes have a common ancestor from about 8 million years ago. Apes are a classification and as I already pointed out humans are part of the great ape family along with orangutans, chimpanzees, and gorillas. We are apes by zooligical classification. You do know what an ape is, don't you???

There is no millions of years ago as far as civilization is concerned. Humans are in no way part of the ape family. Animals and humans were created just a couple of days apart.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
acadia11 they must be pulling your leg now. I assume that even people of faith don't take the 7 days literally. If it is God's hand that created it all, who are we to judge the method. The more we figure out, the more we can be thankful for what a miracle all of this is. Head slapped again.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
acadia11 they must be pulling your leg now. I assume that even people of faith don't take the 7 days literally. If it is God's hand that created it all, who are we to judge the method. The more we figure out, the more we can be thankful for what a miracle all of this is. Head slapped again.

Actually we do take it literally. Why wouldn't we? We take what the bible says about heaven literally, so why wouldn't we take what is says about God creating the earth in 7 days literally?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Christians pick and choose what they should support in the Bible. Most Christians are "Cafeteria Christians." They pick and choose which parts of the Bible they follow. ALL scripture is inspired by God, and Sometimes this get's in the way...

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I'll take New over Old any day.

"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because He has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed." Luke 4:18

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site

"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because He has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed." Luke 4:18

ok!

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
There is no millions of years ago as far as civilization is concerned. Humans are in no way part of the ape family. Animals and humans were created just a couple of days apart.

Even if you agree on this. Humans are still part of the great ape family

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

If you mean Old Testament over New Testament, than I'm with you on that. But the Old Testament is a book of history, and gives context to the New Testament. But I'm no theological expert.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
But, to get back on topic, Obummer is the worst president in history. I saw a poll this morning that showed that 65% of Americans thought that race relations were good when Obummer took office, and that is now down to 43%. He has really brought this country together, huh? LOL! And, from what I have read, African-Americans are worse off since his term started.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
But, to get back on topic, Obummer is the worst president in history. I saw a poll this morning that showed that 65% of Americans thought that race relations were good when Obummer took office, and that is now down to 43%. He has really brought this country together, huh? LOL! And, from what I have read, African-Americans are worse off since his term started.

Yeah with the epic number of guns purchased the day after he was elected , yeah, race relations were great. Finally, I thought Obama was president of America, not president of. Africa-America , where did this idea come from that he needed to solve race issues or as Blackman he needed to do anything for me. This is where the GOP fails you still are trying to tell me what you think I want, it never occurs for you to ask.

The fact that you think an argument like he's done nothing for blacks would resonate with a black voter shows you absolutely know nothing about the black voting population or it's concerns. Moreover, his job is to lead the nation and solve problems, the immediate problem was the economy and healthcare, where did solving race relations even figure into the democratic platform??? And he did a spectacular job on both , and as I've already pointed to objectively measured his recession recovery was better than reagans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative