Obama will go down as an exceptional president

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Hundreds of people blame Bush and you dismiss it? That is how a poll works, you take a sample.

I never said anything about dismissing it...you apparently have comprehension issues. I said your original comment was 100% inaccurate...go back and read it if you've forgotten what you actually said.

And that poll didn't say hundreds of people blame Bush...that poll said hundreds of people blame the Bush administration or the federal government, and did not give a break down of any specific numbers who blame any one particular person.

I'm just giving you facts (once again) here kiddo. I'm sure a lot of people do blame Bush specifically, but that poll didn't say that. Also, your original comment that said ALL people who went through Katrina in New Orleans blame Bush was absolutely and completely inaccurate...which was my primary point that you continue to miss (or just don't want to admit to understanding).

For the record, so you can reflect on your own words, here is your original (inaccurate) comment:

I am not blaming anyone, but anyone who was in New Orleans at the time will tell you they blame Bush for such a slow response.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I never said anything about dismissing it...you apparently have comprehension issues. I said your original comment was 100% inaccurate...go back and read it if you've forgotten what you actually said.

And that poll didn't say hundreds of people blame Bush...that poll said hundreds of people blame the Bush administration or the federal government, and did not give a break down of any specific numbers who blame any one particular person.

I'm just giving you facts (once again) here kiddo. I'm sure a lot of people do blame Bush specifically, but that poll didn't say that. Also, your original comment that said ALL people who went through Katrina in New Orleans blame Bush was absolutely and completely inaccurate...which was my primary point that you continue to miss (or just don't want to admit to understanding).
I didn't say ALL, I said ask anyone, and according to the poll there are hundreds of people who blame Bush and or the government in some way. I may have been broad with the statement but it isn't unfounded, a predominantly black urban poor area with with late support in a natural disaster does bring questions.

Overall though FEMA did a terrible job.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I didn't say ALL, I said ask anyone, and according to the poll there are hundreds of people who blame Bush and or the government in some way. I may have been broad with the statement but it isn't unfounded, a predominantly black urban poor area with with late support in a natural disaster does bring questions.

Overall though FEMA did a terrible job.

Anyone = All people (just like Everyone = All people). If you meant "a lot" of people, or even "most" people...you should have said it. I could only retort to your own words.

I agree, it certainly should have and DID bring questions...enough to where they completely overhauled FEMA after the fact. Lots of people, including FEMA, local government and the citizens themselves did a terrible job during that disaster, but at the end of the day, New Orleans was rebuilt, and they have improved their systems across the spectrum of response to natural disasters.

As far as your comment, it's not my fault you were generically broad with your statement...I responded to it and you decided to challenge me on such. I was right, as admitted by your above comment saying you were generalizing the actual facts.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
New Orleans was a predominantly black area, the response to that crisis was horrendously slow, that many came to the conclusions George Bush did not care for the black inhabitants.

I read the thread title and I don't understand how you got to this point.

Why must you turn subjects into this? If you want to discuss racial equality then why not start a thread on it so you don't derail from the topic at hand?

Note: I edited the thread title as it sounded like a sentence the Iron Sheik would make.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
We have a president who is the leader of consuming civilization and his programs are after this nations wealth where ever it is found, your pocket, or in corporate bank accounts, he considers your wealth his, to do with as he pleases. Washington has become like a bunch of Killer Bees ... a "Clear and Present Danger" to the American People ...

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
We have a president who is the leader of consuming civilization and his programs are after this nations wealth where ever it is found, your pocket, or in corporate bank accounts, he considers your wealth his, to do with as he pleases. Washington has become like a bunch of Killer Bees ... a "Clear and Present Danger" to the American People ...

As others have said you are heavy on the rhetoric.
I see the struggles of all Americans as all of our responsibility. ACA protects all of us against corporate interest. The party spewing that rhetoric cares only for corporations, money. How so many have let themselves be persuaded that all of our problems are because of the president is astounding.

there is tremendous inequality in this country. There are some groups worse off then others. This is all of our responsibility it's not the government coming for our money.

President Obama will, I think be remembered (back on topic) among other things good and bad for getting healthcare passed despite the opposition.

If you draw a line between the groups represented by our policies and the groups not represented, I would bet that you would guess incorrectly about which side of the line you should be standing on.

Any time an entity can assert power over others and I can fight it, I'll take that side any day especially when it's in the interests of all Americans.

Clinton tried to get this through but couldn't. I can't think of any other example as big as this one since the 60s where 1 President has helped so many against corporations that had been squeezing all of us out of what we had.

There have been other small wins but nothing this big. Unfortunately in the last 30 years there have been some really horrific power swings in the wrong direction - labor unions, corporations as people , civil liberties on and on.

It doesn't bother me that someone is critical of the president. It really bothers me that people don't realize how few people are on one side of that line that does not have our interests at heart.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I read the thread title and I don't understand how you got to this point.

Why must you turn subjects into this? If you want to discuss racial equality then why not start a thread on it so you don't derail from the topic at hand?

Note: I edited the thread title as it sounded like a sentence the Iron Sheik would make.

If you follow the thread this derived from a conversation about Bush. I'm sorry if a polticial discussion glosses over several topics.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
If you follow the thread this derived from a conversation about Bush. I'm sorry if a polticial discussion glosses over several topics.

You make every topic about race. Start a new topic and discuss your issues there...

Sent from my iPhone 5s using 100% recycled electrons and of course Tapatalk

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
You make every topic about race. Start a new topic and discuss your issues there...

I bet $5 that if I started a thread dealing with race, it would wither get closed or ignored or someone will insult me in some way. If it was Android Central though we might be able to have decent debate.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I bet $5 that if I started a thread dealing with race, it would wither get closed or ignored or someone will insult me in some way. If it was Android Central though we might be able to have decent debate.

Would be no different that it is now. Why don't you give it a try..

Chuckles

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

3 threads on it already is enough. As OPs we should rename threads that get forked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

Looks like one of your threads at AC just got closed too...

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
No I don't. You do like to talk with the chorus a lot though.

So I guess your comment in the other thread about how most white people don't believe there's a "race problem" wasn't race baiting at all huh? And it wasn't even relevant to the discussion either, which is hilarious. [edit]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73